Resident Evil Revelations Site Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
    In order to actually expect these characters to deal with such situations without having them get into the fetal position and cry for mercy... one would expect there to be a school or academy that prepares them for all that.

I remember Rebecca Chambers gabbin' about the fact that despite their top AAA training, nothing could've prepared them for the shit they faced in Raccoon City.

Maybe by the time Revelation takes place, they have such an academy. Where they have domesticated B.O.W.s helping recluits deal with 'em.

I dunno. Just guessin'
    Thats true what your saying but still no matter how trained you are,
    you can still be scared out of your mind.
    and fall crying on your knees, we know that happends alot like in wars and shit like that.

Like no matter how much you train for this shit, you first know how you react when your in the middel of it.

and we dont know her story, she could be there with a team she could be there alone.
    But the fact is shes at this point .. alone... so seen a monster like that... just come out of the blue .. could freak anyone out
    and we dont know if shes actuelly trained for all this, if she even heard of Tvirus and bows before.
    her reason for been there is unknown,
    she could have been send out with a team that knows nothing about all this..
    they just got orders ..and got send out to the ship.
    Last edited by rehunk88; 09-10-2011, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
      In order to actually expect these characters to deal with such situations without having them get into the fetal position and cry for mercy... one would expect there to be a school or academy that prepares them for all that.

I remember Rebecca Chambers gabbin' about the fact that despite their top AAA training, nothing could've prepared them for the shit they faced in Raccoon City.

Maybe by the time Revelation takes place, they have such an academy. Where they have domesticated B.O.W.s helping recluits deal with 'em.

I dunno. Just guessin'
      I wonder how they train BSAA agents and such. If they have B.O.W.s for trainning they obviously aren't human-based, since that'd be unethical in so many ways, which doesn't help much since human-based B.O.W.s are the most abundant and dangerous. And of course, the trainning base should be in a very isolated place, an island for example, and some day *gasp* the B.O.W.s would escape and the place would be infected. I can see them making a game out of this already.

Comment

• You know, I always wondered how BSAA agents were trained exactly. Chris and Jill obviously have prior experience dealing with BOWs, but how would you really prepare others for that kind of situation?

It's not like you can have them actually fighting BOWs for practice.

Comment

• The idea that this idiot is a civilian is hilarious. For one...she's armed (gun,and I do believe a knife), she seems to know how to handle a gun until she throws it like an idiot, and let's not forget...she's obviously reporting to someone. And I love how people are bringing up Brad. Brad had a good reason to be scared shitless...it was the first time anything like this had happened, and the entire STARS just got royally fucked by not only their captain but their police chief as well. I also never really felt Brad was as well trained in the combat department as the others. He was a pilot...and from the way the other STARS members seemed to treat him, he didnt exactly ooze confidence or seem to stand up for himself.
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Honestly, I always thought Brad reacted the most reasonably, and dare I say, realistically, of the whole bunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
              Honestly, I always thought Brad reacted the most reasonably, and dare I say, realistically, of the whole bunch.
              Indeed...the same way I think Ashley is more realistic than many of the other civilian characters. She's annoying, yeah...but she's an upper class American girl that was kidnapped and taken to god knows where in the world and experimented on. I doubt she ever really experienced anything stressful in her life, aside from being the in public eye given her father's position in the government. Leon could have given her Luis's gun after he died...he could have broken off a tree branch...handed her a flash grenade...but no...she's left to either duck behind him, or hop into a dumpster.
              sigpic
              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
                What can she do ? shes getting chased by a non human thing, she shoots at it. -.....at least she does shoot! she dont just run off..
                she then runs out of ammo an throws her gun at it, then makes a run for it... the reason she runs out of ammo so fast after 3 shoots could be because they dident show us ... other scenes of her firing the gun at them shes not a special agent ada who does 6 jumps in air and breaks the monsters neck with a kick.
                she shows shes scared pushed up in a corner shes not the terminator and thats good not all should be like this its okay to be freaked out.

like in real no matter how much you train in the military then when your in the situation some breaks down many breaks
                so its not a new thing.

i really dont see the problem here she just shows shes human. ( in a video game XD if that makes any sense)
                There's a difference between fleeing for your life because you can't fight back and running away in blind terror. She seems to be doing the second, even going so far as to throw away her weapon. This is not clever. Yes, she may be panicking. Yes, even green soldiers break and run. But if she's on this boat, she's not likely a green soldier.

Honestly? If it was anyone but someone with there tits hanging out, I'd have a lot easier time of this. What's the point, other than getting teens to toss one off? She's hardly going to be trying to seduce the monsters, and surely most of the people on the ship are going to be too busy not dying to care about her bosom.

But this is so badly stereotypical, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 'Look, the female soldier is such a wuss, she's running away! She has panicked and run, and doesn't even think to use the footlong knife she's carrying! Save her brave male player! Save her and she'll love you!' Especially after doing such a similar scene in RE5. I'll eat my words if one of the guys flees in horror too, though. But it's frustrating to see the female character fleeing in terror like this. Too much male wank fantasy in it for me.

And yes, we have Jill as a strong female character (who, of course, is kidnapped, dominated, controlled and put in a slut suit complete with weird vaginal opening...uhhh...maybe not so strong then?) but it is entirely possible to have two, even three of them.

Then again, I see boobs regularly, so video game breasts hold no appeal to me...

Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
                many of you are just ultra bitchy because they made her insane good looking with big tits and everything and for some reason thats not okay in your books xD
                ...and you think everything is OK just because her cleavage is on display. Everyone has there issue. I, personally, like women to be portrayed as strong, confident characters who don't need rescued. You like titties.

Originally posted by Bertha View Post
                The idea that this idiot is a civilian is hilarious. For one...she's armed (gun,and I do believe a knife), she seems to know how to handle a gun until she throws it like an idiot, and let's not forget...she's obviously reporting to someone. And I love how people are bringing up Brad. Brad had a good reason to be scared shitless...it was the first time anything like this had happened, and the entire STARS just got royally fucked by not only their captain but their police chief as well. I also never really felt Brad was as well trained in the combat department as the others. He was a pilot...and from the way the other STARS members seemed to treat him, he didnt exactly ooze confidence or seem to stand up for himself.
                Well, the knife is perfectly valid if she's a diving instructor, or some such, and her suit could be some kinda wetsuit, and she could have found a gun...but no, she's much more likely to be some kind of military. Which will annoy the hell out of me. But it's not as though Capcom has managed to make me happy the last few years, so it's hardly shocking.

Comment

• Looking at the latest famitsu it looks like she may have one eye visible, it also looks like the model may not be finished. The size and shape of the hair just does not look right and I don't mean as in style. Jill has had at least 3 different models shown for Revelations and all in official trailers so it is possible Rachels will change yet.

edit: Call me crazy but in the famitsu is a good shot that shows mouth, nose and shape of face and looks like Jills model.
                  Last edited by Dracarys; 09-10-2011, 06:34 PM.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• She cant fight back ? as i told you we see her run out of the room shes in,
                    the monster is close... after that we see her again shooting 3 times, in the gap between that
                    we dont know how many she shot at,
                    or how many enemies she saw, they could have cutted it out...
                    and becuse shes not a terminator... with no feelings or anything.. she dont make a spin kick and breaks the monsters neck,
                    she runs because no more ammo = you cant put up a fight it was the smartest move to do.
                    And yes she got big boobs, yes she flashes them so what its capcom... its japanese.. at least we diddent get tentical rape... ( ooh yeah wait we did resident evil 3)
                    Last edited by rehunk88; 09-10-2011, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                      Looking at the latest famitsu it looks like she may have one eye visible, it also looks like the model may not be finished. The size and shape of the hair just does not look right and I don't mean as in style. Jill has had at least 3 different models shown for Revelations and all in official trailers so it is possible Rachels will change yet.

edit: Call me crazy but in the famitsu is a good shot that shows mouth, nose and shape of face and looks like Jills model.
                      Yeah, one of the things I've noticed about the development of this title, is that Capcom is not shy about showing us their work-in-progress data. A lot of things continue to change almost every week or month.

So maybe if we complain loud enough, this hot chick could very well end up looking like a flat-chested baldie in the final game.

So keep that hate ALIVE!!!
                      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                      sigpic

Comment

• What's with her hair, lmao?

By the way... I noticed the video originally posted in post #1 had been removed, but another one is still up now. For the time being. Damn Viacom and their rules!

Comment

Working...
                        X