Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 199

Thread: Resident Evil Revelations TGS 2011 Trailer

  1. #41
    #30 Birkin Type 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Oh look one of the most drop dead annoying blogs that has everyone thinking they are witty is discussing this.

    Seriously, are people missing the fact that trailer brought back the fear and tension we wanted? no they would just rather bitch about something that many other games do.

  2. #42
    Overly Old School
    Darkmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Far too close for anyone's comfort.
    Posts
    7,885

    Default

    The fear and tension would have been better if it was;

    A) Not Capcom doing it. I've said it before, but I'm hideously jaded now and fully suspect them of fucking up the game itself. I'll be more than happy to swallow those words, though.

    B) If Capcom hadn't chosen the character under attack to be the most typical 'Damsel in Distress' character for horny teenage boys - a hot chick with possibly loose morals. All they need to do now is hint that she's looking for a little girl on girl time with Jill and they're all set.

    Seriously, it would have been a lot more daunting if the character involved had been more impressive. As it stands, I'm assuming it's random civilian B from the ship whose got a gun. Taking out the NPC's is never that tough, monster man. Try it on the chick with the Gatling. And a working zipper.

  3. #43
    Optic Camouflage
    Vector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    I felt no fear or tension while watching that trailer...only embarrassment for what Resident Evil is becoming. Operation Raccoon City is no slice of pie either, but at least they're forward with what it's going to be. Trying to pass this Revelations shit off as "fear and tension" is a joke.
    Last edited by Vector; 09-09-2011 at 02:13 PM.

  4. #44
    Overly Old School
    Darkmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Far too close for anyone's comfort.
    Posts
    7,885

    Default

    As much as Bertha's incredibly stereotypical voice annoyed me, all the ladies in the Wolfpack look like they can and will gut you with your own dick. They look dangerous. But, sadly, ORC will have no tension whatsoever. It's a run and gun game - the most tense it'll get is whether you can get back to the fight after the respawn before the rest of you team is eaten by a giant Grasshopper.

  5. #45
    #30 Birkin Type 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    I felt no fear or tension while watching that trailer...only embarrassment for what Resident Evil is becoming. Operation Raccoon City is no slice of pie either, but at least they're forward with what it's going to be. Trying to pass this Revelations shit off as "fear and tension" is a joke.
    I ment the fear and tension when we actually play the game, obviously not when watching a trailer. What I mean is at least trailers like this show that the atmosphere is there and when we play the game it should be more to our liking then say Resident Evil 5 and even RE 4 to some extent.

  6. #46
    #53 Ndesu Pikminister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Burning in Amercia
    Posts
    2,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    When I say "till now" I mean the recent era of games. It's true though. Even in RE3 Jill's chest wasn't as big as it is wearing the same outfit in later games. They were pretty....err....well rounded?
    How recent is this 'era' you're talking about?

    During the making of the REmake, Mikami & model maker Kenichirou Yoshimura had this big argument about using a belt uder Jill's breast to make them stand out more. It turns out, she has those support belts for that very reason - and not to hold the shoulder pads in place.

    In fact, Jill is the face of boobage of the RE world.



    And who even reads the crap Kotaku puts out anymore? Ever since they designed their site to work only with tablets and mobile phones, their readership dropped. Thus why they don't make posters do the 'audition' bull shit thing anymore.

  7. #47
    #44 Wetland Majini GuardhouseMusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    I felt no fear or tension while watching that trailer...only embarrassment for what Resident Evil is becoming. Operation Raccoon City is no slice of pie either, but at least they're forward with what it's going to be. Trying to pass this Revelations shit off as "fear and tension" is a joke.
    The trailer was a move in the right direction as far as atmosphere goes. The silence, the color tone, narrated only by an exhausted and terrified person (never mind the fucking design of her), it's less befitting of an action movie and more along the lines of a slasher. Of course, a slasher is about 15% horror, but again, it's a start. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually do try to make the bulk of the game a little bit more like this, I also wouldn't oppose it.

  8. #48
    Optic Camouflage
    Vector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
    The trailer was a move in the right direction as far as atmosphere goes. The silence, the color tone, narrated only by an exhausted and terrified person (never mind the fucking design of her), it's less befitting of an action movie and more along the lines of a slasher. Of course, a slasher is about 15% horror, but again, it's a start. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually do try to make the bulk of the game a little bit more like this, I also wouldn't oppose it.
    I'd like to believe that. Perhaps the first part of the game will be 'tense' but it's only a matter of time before it turns into another shooter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikminister View Post
    In fact, Jill is the face of boobage of the RE world.



    And who even reads the crap Kotaku puts out anymore? Ever since they designed their site to work only with tablets and mobile phones, their readership dropped. Thus why they don't make posters do the 'audition' bull shit thing anymore.
    Haha, goddamn it, I should've water-marked that pic when I made it a couple years ago. I've seen it floating around the internet a few times now. I think I originally posted it in the Jill discussion topic.
    Last edited by Vector; 09-09-2011 at 02:51 PM.

  9. #49
    #53 Ndesu Pikminister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Burning in Amercia
    Posts
    2,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    Haha, goddamn it, I should've water-marked that pic when I made it a couple years ago. I've seen it floating around the internet a few times now. I think I originally posted it in the Jill discussion topic.
    LOL Yeah, it been around the net, alright.

    On another note... Maybe soon we'll start talking about the amount of ASS this game has.



    Just to throw a bone to those that are into butts more than boobs. :p
    Last edited by Pikminister; 09-09-2011 at 03:12 PM.

  10. #50
    #34 Grave Digger alexdz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Paraná, Brazil
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    You can see the monster's anus. What the fuck are you doing Capcom?

    EDIT: Finally watched the trailer, I like it, the only problem is really Rachel's design.
    Last edited by alexdz; 09-09-2011 at 04:14 PM.

  11. #51
    #47 Chainsaw Majini Smiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Under interrogation.
    Posts
    2,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikminister View Post
    How recent is this 'era' you're talking about?
    Let's see I bring up the RE3 outfit and mention it in later games do I not? You tell me.
    Last edited by Smiley; 09-09-2011 at 04:32 PM.

  12. #52
    #25 Neptune Grem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rehunk88
    at least its gonna be better than re 4 and 5 ever was
    Nope, RE4 had a shitty story, was campy as hell, but strangely was absolutely awesome aswell. Because Mikami is a genius in terms of gameplay. Revelations is not going to do this again, I'm telling you.

    As for RE5, I don't really care if Revelations is better or not since RE5 really disappointed me.

  13. #53
    The Emissary
    Mr. Spencer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,577

    Default

    Let's just go and play Spy Fiction.
    See you in hell.

  14. #54
    #53 Ndesu Pikminister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Burning in Amercia
    Posts
    2,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    Let's see I bring up the RE3 outfit and mention it in later games do I not? You tell me.
    Well that doesn't tell me much.

    The RE3 outfit was included as an extra costume in REmake and there was a RE3 in the relatively recent, Umbrella Chronicles. In this last game, there was a 'rape' scene of sorts during a cutscene. If you're into zombies going down on Jill, that's your game.

    But if you meant the era before CVX, there is cutscene in RE3 where Jill's boobs do a mighty & awesome bounce... Its the scene when Nemmy shoots down the helicopter. It wasn't blatant fan service,but it was close.

  15. #55
    #47 Chainsaw Majini Smiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Under interrogation.
    Posts
    2,093

    Default

    It doesn't tell you much yet you answered it immediately afterwards. After RE3 what qualifies as "later games" in regards to her RE3 design? But let me clarify something here. It's one thing to make your character look appealing. It's another to go overboard in design and how the character performs in it. The irony of REmake and Umbrella Chronicles in this regard is that they use the same model but REmake doesn't exaggerate any scenes with her in the same attire for the sake of fanservice.

    Any zombie/majini neck breaking Jill wishes to rip off from the movies should not be performed in her RE3 attire for starters. It's very out of place. And while the casual costume itself isn't the best choice for a zombie outbreak they didn't treat it like some joke in RE3.

    A mighty and awesome bounce huh? Right. That's the worst RE3 had to offer for her attire? Compared to as you called it the "rape scene" in Umbrella Chronicles.

    I think it's pretty clear that anything they did in the classics is pretty tame in comparison. Jill's chest didn't have any exaggerated jiggle physics in RE3 like Ashley or Excella's, and comparing an FMV bounce to that scene in Umbrella Chronicles... Sorry to say it's not much to go on. Hell Alexia was naked in Code Veronica and they handled that with more grace and decency than what they've shown of Rachel in the Revelations teaser.
    Last edited by Smiley; 09-09-2011 at 06:52 PM.

  16. #56
    #53 Ndesu Pikminister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Burning in Amercia
    Posts
    2,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    It doesn't tell you much yet you answered it immediately afterwards. After RE3 what qualifies as "later games" in regards to her RE3 design? But let me clarify something here. It's one thing to make your character look appealing. It's another to go overboard in design and how the character performs in it. The irony of REmake and Umbrella Chronicles in this regard is that they use the same model but REmake doesn't exaggerate any scenes with her in the same attire for the sake of fanservice.

    Any zombie/majini neck breaking Jill wishes to rip off from the movies should not be performed in her RE3 attire for starters. It's very out of place. And while the casual costume itself isn't the best choice for a zombie outbreak they didn't treat it like some joke in RE3.

    A mighty and awesome bounce huh? Right. That's the worst RE3 had to offer for her attire? Compared to as you called it the "rape scene" in Umbrella Chronicles.

    I think it's pretty clear that anything they did in the classics is pretty tame in comparison. Jill's chest didn't have any exaggerated jiggle physics in RE3 like Ashley or Excella's, and comparing an FMV bounce to that scene in Umbrella Chronicles... Sorry to say it's not much to go on. Hell Alexia was naked in Code Veronica and they handled that with more grace and decency than what they've shown of Rachel in the Revelations teaser.
    Well most of the fan service on REmake you got once you unlocked Jill's RE3 outfit. You could EASILY peek at her undies during several cutscenes (which were impossible to notice because before she was wearing pants) and also while playing the game (like when you pick up objects). There. Fan service.

    In regards to there being any fan service in RE3... I don't remember anything other than what I said. The in-game Jill was blocky as hell. Hard to get excited over those early RE models. But times did change and as soon as the character models started looking like something you thought looked human, that's when you also started seeing boobs and panty shots all over the place.

    So if your argument is that there wasn't a lot of that back in the low-polygon count days... sure.

    I guess times were a lot more 'innocent' back then. Mainly because the technology was holding back a lot of the "sexy" stuff that at present, seems to bother a lot of ppl.

  17. #57
    #47 Chainsaw Majini Smiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Under interrogation.
    Posts
    2,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikminister View Post
    Well most of the fan service on REmake you got once you unlocked Jill's RE3 outfit. You could EASILY peek at her undies during several cutscenes (which were impossible to notice because before she was wearing pants) and also while playing the game (like when you pick up objects). There. Fan service.

    In regards to there being any fan service in RE3... I don't remember anything other than what I said. The in-game Jill was blocky as hell. Hard to get excited over those early RE models. But times did change and as soon as the character models started looking like something you thought looked human, that's when you also started seeing boobs and panty shots all over the place.

    So if your argument is that there wasn't a lot of that back in the low-polygon count days... sure.

    I guess times were a lot more 'innocent' back then. Mainly because the technology was holding back a lot of the "sexy" stuff that at present, seems to bother a lot of ppl.
    Again I'd argue the fake out upskirts are tame in comparison. You don't have some looming close up panning over her. The scenes themselves are not played out as fanservice and go by quickly. Being crushed by a roof so she shambles to the floor. Or falling back from a zombie. Compare those scenes with a unlockable bonus costume to RE4 where Ada (in her default attire mind you) has slow-mo close ups and pan shots over her revealing dress showing off but barely covering her as she flips around or zip-lines over someone. Please tell me you can recognize the difference?

    And early games, as blocky as they could be, never under played the fanservice. There were shower scenes, boobs popping out, exaggerated upskirts, etc. RE3 just happened to be one of the few cases where Jill dressed in an outfit that could have made her the epitome of fanservice yet it wasn't ever exaggerated. A lot of that had to do with how the atmosphere of the game had played out as well as the game play. There was no over-the-top melee action to come up with. Or lingering drawn out scenes displaying how filled out she was.

    And nothing was holding back Code Veronica. The scene itself could have been very sleazy if it wanted to be. But at no point was Alexia displayed in such a way. They found a way to have her come out of her test tube without panning down to her ass or zooming in on her tits. And the scene was effective without it.
    Last edited by Smiley; 09-09-2011 at 07:49 PM.

  18. #58
    #55 Oswell E. Spencer Wrathborne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    At Home
    Posts
    3,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    k Code Veronica. The scene itself could have been very sleazy if it wanted to be. But at no point was Alexia displayed in such a way. They found a way to have her come out of her test tube without panning down to her ass or zooming in on her tits. And the scene was effective without it.
    Howard Johnson is right!

  19. #59
    #30 Birkin Type 2 PracticalAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathborne View Post
    Howard Johnson is right!
    Ha! What an obscure reference. My hat off to you, good sir.
    Last edited by PracticalAl; 09-09-2011 at 08:44 PM.

  20. #60
    #55 Oswell E. Spencer Wrathborne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    At Home
    Posts
    3,150

    Default

    I been making that reference on and off for a month

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •