Resident Evil Revelations TGS 2011 Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
    From what I understand it's a checkpoint system, but that doesn't mean they won't have typewriters. The game is divided into "episodes" (a nice way of saying the chapter system from RE4 and RE5).
    Ugh. I believe you, but I still it's both somehow. I want the open exploration of the original games. Though, now that I think about it, RE4 even with it's chapters, allowed you to travel to previous areas. I hope it's like that!
    sigpic

Comment

• 4 made use of the typewriters, but they were kind of pointless since they didn't require any ink ribbon and they were scattered throughout. That's just using them for nostalgia's sake. I mostly saved after each checkpoint, and rarely used them unless there was a special section of the game I wanted to play through.

I could see Revelations doing something like that, but I won't get my hopes up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
        I find it oddly amusing that they actually have to advertise that there are puzzles in the game.
        Because even when they say there are puzzles you have a long line of haters not interested and keep spouting action complaints.

Though looking at certain comments many people cannot tell puzzles from fetch quests. Fumbling about with a lock to open a door is a puzzle, putting a shotgun on a shotgun rack is not.
        Last edited by Dracarys; 09-11-2011, 07:36 PM.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I mostly saved after each checkpoint, and rarely used them unless there was a special section of the game I wanted to play through.
          Same here. I remember saving before a few of the encounters with Salazar, so I could have a good laugh every now and then. ..
          sigpic

Comment

• So, if Jill messes up the puzzle and gets squished on a ship..does that make her a "watercress sandwich" ?

Yes, I know its a bad pun, couldn't help myself

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
              So, if Jill messes up the puzzle and gets squished on a ship..does that make her a "watercress sandwich" ?

Yes, I know its a bad pun, couldn't help myself
              Vamp: Unfortunately, Hell had no vacancies.
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                I thought it was pretty cool when they did it in CODE: Veronica. I was kind of "ehhh..." about it when they did it again in Lost in Nightmares. Now it's just, why even bother?
                I have the same exact thought. I remember I complained about this in another Revelations topic.

Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
                I dont understand you guys,
                first it was all about the puzzels... and horror... from resident evil 1 to 2 even 3,
                then we got re 4, and 5, then puzzels started to die out...
                and people complained about not enough puzzels... and finally now,
                they are trying to give it back to us ... and you complain again ??

i dont get it XD
                I try to understand your point of view.
                I enjoy my RE games, all of them, oldschool survival and the new action style. Except for Gaiden maybe LOL. But I feel disappointed by the lack of care for the fanbase, recycling puzzles and designs from the older games is getting... lame.

The first two or tree times the developers pulled those cards where nice. But today I can't see why we can't have decent new original puzzles and location designs. I do think it's too early to get all jumpy and bitchy, but this kind of stuff makes me a little sad. Storywise, that's different. I'd love to see mildly logical connections to characters and events.

Same can be said of miss Rachel. And ORC. I understand that new times require changes, but if you change too much of what made something great, you take the essence of it. This alienates the fanbase, and that's why you get the kind of complaining you see on this forum.

I've realized that I have to enjoy the games for what they are and not to create false expectations of upcoming releases, because at the end it's going to be full disappointment. What I want of Revelations is a good experience with good gameplay. But it being the saviour that will bring back the survival and horror to the RE saga? Nope.
                Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 09-12-2011, 02:05 AM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• some people complain too much the shotgun puzzle might be different from the old one as for the new girl she looks a bit silly the hair is way over the top.

Comment

• how do you know the puzzle is the same only a picture of it the mechanics might be different besides a lot of people like the nostalgia of the old puzzels

Comment

• Since you're a fellow North West man, I'll give you a polite notice - try not to double post, mate.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

• How do you guys know that its a trap !
                        What do we want more than this , Thnx God that the changed thier mind and tried to put some horror into the games ... ?!
                        Than just complaining why dont you guys write the whole story and make your own games , really its not that soo bad its better than re5 ! the annoying thing is that we have this Rachel with large breasts and wrong hair + Rape-ish scenes ....
                        and only for 3ds ... thats what we should comaplain about , but i dont think that the shotgun is a trap ... lets play it then we can complain , give it a chance ... i hope that rachel isnt just a cleavage , perhaps she is an intresting person ? Lets hope that the game turns out what we waited for , Oh Btw guys dont forgot RE6 its said it will always focus on horror ;D lets watchout after this TGS .
                        Last edited by Mrox2; 09-12-2011, 07:35 AM.
                        Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                        ^ Lol ...

Comment

• sorry about the double post but i think MROX2 has a good point we still don't know what the puzzle really is it's too soon to judge

Comment

• We know what the puzzle involves. There's no reason to have a shotgun on a rack for show. Same candy bar, different wrapper.

Having it "only for 3DS" is not a concern. The series does make an attempt to branch out to other devices. I've yet to hear back on that RE PSP title, but since Vita's announcement I would not be surprised if it ended up there.

Saying "why don't you make your own games" is a poor way to argue against criticism. Have you ever had a bad meal, or watched a bad movie? By your silly logic you should work towards making your own movies and cooking your own meals for your own enjoyment. But I doubt you'll be both a chef and filmmaker overnight so cut that nonsense out.

Finally we're being told to buy it and complain afterwards. Something I used to believe in back when I thought our opinions mattered to these companies. They don't. You vote with your wallet to influence what direction they should take. After you buy their game you can complain till the cows come home if it sucks, but that won't matter cause they still have your money. The point of trailers and previews is to maintain your interest in this product. So far Revelations has been a mixed bag. It's not all bad, but there's still plenty to gripe about.

Comment

Saying "why don't you make your own games" is a poor way to argue against criticism. Have you ever had a bad meal, or watched a bad movie? By your silly logic you should work towards making your own movies and cooking your own meals for your own enjoyment. But I doubt you'll be both a chef and filmmaker overnight so cut that nonsense out.
                              Howard Johnson is right!

Comment

• I dunno, the complaints are mostly about inane or trivial stuff like hair (Boobarella's hair or the hair color of the clone of Conan O'Brien) or something along those lines. Any of that is enough to make some avoid this game. They're quick to deny Capcom their money. That's fine. It's their money after all.

But then I read users (not from this forum though) that look at the Revival Selection and they understand that its a hack job that runs at 30fps with no anti-aliasing and can't go beyond 720p and even has compressed audio (plus no Platinum trophies for PS3 users). And then they take a look at what Konami or Sony are doing with their remastered HD versions of MGS or Ico. And they see that those companies are actually going the extra mile to deliver games that are really worth buying again. And yet Capcom doesn't even come close to delivering something of the same quality. And these same users say "yeah, the Revival Selection is shit... but c'mon... its selling cheap and even if we have these games already for several consoles, I can't wait to pay Capcom for this shit, cuz its in HD!".

So some RE fans complain about trivial crap and that keeps their money in their wallet. But when Capcom release half-baked rehashes, they are quick to give them their money.

Crazy.
                                Last edited by Pikminister; 09-12-2011, 06:27 PM.
                                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X