Resident Evil Revelations TGS 2011 Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
    So some RE fans complain about trivial crap and that keeps their money in their wallet. But when Capcom release half-baked rehashes, they are quick to give them their money.

Crazy.
    Again, Howard Johnson is right!

Comment

• Revelations is like 1.5, 3.5 Hooked Zombie, Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid, and the movie The Thing rolled into one.

By the way, that movie was on last night. Awesome movie. They must have got their inspiration for Parker from Kurt Russel's character.
      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
        I dunno, the complaints are mostly about inane or trivial stuff like hair (Boobarella's hair or the hair color of the clone of Conan O'Brien) or something along those lines. Any of that is enough to make some avoid this game. They're quick to deny Capcom their money. That's fine. It's their money after all.

But then I read users (not from this forum though) that look at the Revival Selection and they understand that its a hack job that runs at 30fps with no anti-aliasing and can't go beyond 720p and even has compressed audio (plus no Platinum trophies for PS3 users). And then they take a look at what Konami or Sony are doing with their remastered HD versions of MGS or Ico. And they see that those companies are actually going the extra mile to deliver games that are really worth buying again. And yet Capcom doesn't even come close to delivering something of the same quality. And these same users say "yeah, the Revival Selection is shit... but c'mon... its selling cheap and even if we have these games already for several consoles, I can't wait to pay Capcom for this shit, cuz its in HD!".

So some RE fans complain about trivial crap and that keeps their money in their wallet. But when Capcom release half-baked rehashes, they are quick to give them their money.

Crazy.
        I understand where you're coming from. But I also look at why some fans would rather buy them. For one let's assume they don't take the psn deal for 50% off. Two games for the price of one 3DS game is tempting. Most gamers that have a ps3 and 360 probably don't have a 3DS yet or are not planning on getting one so they'll stick with the RE games made available to them. And instead of taking a gamble with something that might not look promising they at least know (whether it's a shoddy version or not) where they stand in playing RE4 and Code Veronica X.

I agree with you that Capcom was lazy yet again in the release of these HD ports. I also agree that some of the complaints for Revelations are trivial. But it's as you said: At the end of the day it is their money. People will buy what they like. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if the marketing for RE4/CVX on those names alone make it more appealing than another potential RE misfire. And I hope Revelations doesn't turn out like that. Sadly the more I look into it the more it sounds like one. They really need to stop treating this as if it's the saving grace of classic resident evil if they're going to keep using elements from RE4/RE5. If people want another RE4 they will buy RE4....

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
          I understand where you're coming from. But I also look at why some fans would rather buy them. For one let's assume they don't take the psn deal for 50% off. Two games for the price of one 3DS game is tempting. Most gamers that have a ps3 and 360 probably don't have a 3DS yet or are not planning on getting one so they'll stick with the RE games made available to them. And instead of taking a gamble with something that might not look promising they at least know (whether it's a shoddy version or not) where they stand in playing RE4 and Code Veronica X.

I agree with you that Capcom was lazy yet again in the release of these HD ports. I also agree that some of the complaints for Revelations are trivial. But it's as you said: At the end of the day it is their money. People will buy what they like. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if the marketing for RE4/CVX on those names alone make it more appealing than another potential RE misfire. And I hope Revelations doesn't turn out like that. Sadly the more I look into it the more it sounds like one. They really need to stop treating this as if it's the saving grace of classic resident evil if they're going to keep using elements from RE4/RE5. If people want another RE4 they will buy RE4....
          All I'm saying is that as consumers, we're sending Capcom mixed signals.
          Last edited by Pikminister; 09-12-2011, 08:01 PM.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

• But whose fault is that? Capcom divided the fan base to begin with. Now you've got fans of the classics, fans of the action, and fans who'll buy anything with the RE name branded on it.
            Last edited by Smiley; 09-12-2011, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
              But whose fault is that? Capcom divided the fan base to begin with. Now you've got fans of the classics, fans of the action, and fans who'll buy anything with the RE name branded on it.
              Yeah, I guess as RE fans we're so divided about what we want in a RE game, that Capcom probably decided that it's best to just listen to the side that is more willing to give them their money. The ones that complain less and that are happy with what they get. Who's fault is that?

But I was talking about us as consumers/costumers. About what the big C expects from us (all our money) and what we can expect from them (top quality products and... respect, dammit). The relationship between both sides is kinda dysfunctional. Amiright?

BTW, can someone confirm is the boat in Revelations is named QUEEN ZENOBIA?

Queen Zenobia was a real warrior princess a long, long rime ago. She was the ruler of Egypt at one time.
              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
              sigpic

Comment

• It's very sloppy right now. But Capcom encourages it. 3DS has mercs 3D (a half assed recycled title) for action gamers and seemingly Revelations targeted for classic fans.

Then you have RE4/CVX coming out in HD. It was marketed to appeal to both types of fans. The action horror and classic horror crowd. For some reason they release 4 a week before CVX to download. Interesting don't you think?

Operation Raccoon City is taking the classic setting and giving it the action treatment combining hunters, tyrants, and zombies with a 4 player co-op shooter.

All that's left is to see how they work on RE6.

Comment

• I am looking forward to seeing hunters and tyants again its been to long

Comment

• Needs Moar Gamma Hunter. Those things are hilarious

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BnQv...ayer_embedded#!

A new gameplay video from the Nintendo pre-TGS conference that shows off some of the new gameplay features.

Comment

• Forgive me for sulking yet again, but.....that melee...

Comment

• I'm assuming you charge it up by holding down the button. The longer you hold it down, the stronger the attack will be.

I wonder if, with the news of Revelations supporting the 3DS' new second analog slider peripheral, there will be true TPS controls now.
                          Last edited by Archelon; 09-13-2011, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Yes your survival horror experience isn't complete without a super charged kick to the face. Now my enemies can soar across the room instead of being gunned down.

Comment

• What's the big deal? Jill has been doing this for how many years now? Seven, eight?

Heck, Chris just barrels right through a zombie in CODE: Veronica, and that was only a few months after the Mansion Incident.

Comment

• I think you mean "Jill has been doing this for how many games now?"

And the answer to that is "who cares?" because the marketing for this game was focusing on horror, not action. And yet here we are with the stylized melee maneuvers. This is going to be RE5 all over again isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X