Once again, minor Chronicles news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again, minor Chronicles news

The game will reportedly support both 480p and 16:9 display modes, but Pro Logic II isn't confirmed. We should expect no less from a title released these days.

Source: Capcom Forums via Gamefront.de
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-27-2007, 07:49 AM. Reason: Spelling

Considering most of Capcom's last gen titles were 480p compatible, this is no surprise. =D

Comment

Basicly nothing new, but IGN has a little bit up.

Comment

Hmm, seems that lurking around is the new face of journalism. Gamespot's idiots are even worse.

Btw Nemesis, you got it reversed. Most of their titles last gen weren't 480p compatible with the exception of perhaps... 8-9 games. Not that 480p is a huge leap from the interlaced.

Comment

Are you sure? I vaguely remember most of their newer titles being 480p, though the way to access the mode was very stupid (RE4 on PS2, you had to hold X and Circle to get it to activate as the game was booting....and it wasn't mentioned in the manual.)

Comment

Most of the recent ones, yeah, but not overall from 2000 and up. All the Xbox games did support 480p, some GC games, and even a smaller number of PS2 games.

That triangle + X method was used first with Tekken 4 (the first 480p capable PS2 game), among other games including Capcom's own Haunting Ground.

Comment

Ahhh ok. This may seem a bit off-topic and a weird question, but were there any games on the last gen consoles that supported 720p? I remember reading about one or two.... =/

Comment

from wiki, im pretty sure a lot of xbox games supported it as opposed to the very very few ps2 games.

Comment

Hmm, I didn't even realize there were that many 480p PS2 games.

Nemesis, at the top of my head, SCII, Dragon's Lair 3D supported 720p (Xbox only of course). Enter the Matrix and Siberia supported 1080i, and so did GT4... pseudo 1080i for that one. Looked like Polyphony managed to turn on the 1080i mode without much of a real bump in resolution.

Comment

Working...
                  X