Diss Him and Obama is gonna get you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
    I really didn't want to comment about the debate raging in this thread, but this post just irked me. How does any of that give you the right to laugh? Is it just because you think you're somehow better than someone else? Is that it?

The last time I checked, disagreeing with someone doesn't make you a better or worse individual. It just makes you different.

MoS has...interesting views. I'll not get into them because, honestly, this thread smells like flaming enough already and I have no desire to throw matches.

Alright, happy shiny people. Let's hop back on topic. No religion debate, no personal comments.

Comment

I'm done, I'm done. Sorry, Darkmoon!

(My private message inbox is always open.)
      sigpic

Comment

To clarify, since I botched the wording (I'm watching REC 2, coralling you lot and painting Warhammer miniatures - sometimes even my multitasking fails) I'd like to make it clear that religious debate is fine on the forums, when in the correct topic. This is not the correct topic.

Comment

Religion isn't what I'm laughing about. It's the smell of a conspiracy theory, some outrageous claims (outrageous as in- mad funny) and the projected image of "authority on religion" (I guess Archelon missed the italic part and assumably didn't actually read the topic all that throughly).

Cherrypicked legislation and decisions rationalized to support a rather silly idea. Yeah, I'm still laughing. And it's not because a man couldn't be Muslim.

I can understand why someone would have to pretend to be Christian in the States to be successful in politics, but going for the whole "It's obvious that this is a Muslim pretending to be Christian to advance Muslim dominance around the world, because my extensive research in Qu'ran and the Bible say so *add cherrypicked examples*" routine is so far fetched, one can't read it with a straight face.

Could make a nice thriller material, though.

[EDIT] This is a Resident Evil forum, afterall, hah.

[EDIT2] Wrathbone, the only thing you can blame Obama for, is being spineless. As is most of the Democratic party. Saying he is purposefully dismantling your country looks like you don't quite pay attention to what the Republican party is doing these days (or these past 50 years).
          Last edited by Member_of_STARS; 09-18-2011, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Let me say it as it is

how do you become president ??

you lie !

Comment

Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
              [EDIT2] Wrathbone, the only thing you can blame Obama for, is being spineless. As is most of the Democratic party. Saying he is purposefully dismantling your country looks like you don't quite pay attention to what the Republican party is doing these days (or these past 50 years).
              Well so far the Republican Party hasn't:

Given Interpol power over the FBI in the US.

Given Brazil most of our oil drilling equipment and made it illegal for most companies to drill in their own country and forcing us to be dependent on other countries for our gas.

I'm not going to say the republican party leaders are any better than the democratic ones, both are the most disgusting human beings imaginable, but in the end we're all still fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                Given Interpol power over the FBI in the US.
                What? Do you know how Interpol operates? It's a cooperational organization with no juristiction in any of the countries it's tied to. Interpol has no "power" over the FBI.

Given Brazil most of our oil drilling equipment and made it illegal for most companies to drill in their own country and forcing us to be dependent on other countries for our gas.
                This might come as a shock, but you wouldn't be able to sustain independance from foreign oil even if you tried. Sure, you may promote demolishing national parks, fuck over the nature and the indigenous population by turning your own country upside down, but... Have you seen recently what the oil industry can do to the environment? If you wouldn't have started 2 wars, screwed up your economy and basically sent the whole world into an economical shitfest, maybe this deal could have actually benefitted you, as it isn't your region which is polluted. But instead, well... I doubt I have to remind you of what happened when Bill Clinton left the office. And what will happen next.

I'm not going to say the republican party leaders are any better than the democratic ones, both are the most disgusting human beings imaginable, but in the end we're all still fucked.
                No they are not. You guys sacked one of your best presidents over a blowjob. He was a Democrat. While at this point, ones are spineless and the others are bought (not to mention downright mental), you're far better off with democratics in power than the republicans. And if you think you're having it bad right now, imagine how much worse can it get.

Comment

Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
                  No they are not. You guys sacked one of your best presidents over a blowjob. He was a Democrat. While at this point, ones are spineless and the others are bought (not to mention downright mental), you're far better off with democratics in power than the republicans. And if you think you're having it bad right now, imagine how much worse can it get.
                  ...We sacked Clinton how? You mean when he finished his second and final term as two terms is the limit for a president?

Comment

LOL @ PracticalAl - I'm not even American so my say on Obama is nothing here, I have no opinion either way about him... but I just love the fact that you're blind to being the reverse of the people you think are idiots at the start by having massive Muslim conspiracy theories and the level of negative comment you have. You're just the yang to their ying.

I haven't read through all your ramblings, but aside from the fact he may have been hiding it, why would it even matter to begin with if he was really?

Also I personally disagree about the level of supporters he's had compared to Bush (which never made any sense to me at all). People have been far more critical of everything Obama has done, it's looking very likely he'll be a 1 term pres, and so if he had more vocal and loyal supporters like you state this probably wouldn't be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                      LOL @ PracticalAl - I'm not even American so my say on Obama is nothing here, I have no opinion either way about him...
                      ..Okay.. Doesn't that statement just invalidate everything after it?

I haven't read through all your ramblings.
                      Right. So why should I bother answering you? Read everything I wrote and then point by point tell me where I'm wrong, and then I will chat with you. I would be more than happy to.

Don't appreciate the antagonism here, but I've come to expect it unfortunately.
                      Last edited by PracticalAl; 09-18-2011, 05:35 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow. Just wow.

You managed to avoid answering any of my questions, nice way of proving your points.

Just so you can be happy, let's answer your points:

1 - I don't have to be American to have a point of opinion nor do I have to have a stance on Obama to discuss this. So it doesn't invalidate anything.

2 - Once you started your back and forth on specific points with Darkmoon, it became difficult to read further of your ramblings because you were only expanding on your original point, not making new ones. Maybe I should clarify, I read everything - I skim read over your later replies because they just further dug your own hole.

3. I'm not trying to be antagonizing here, but you can't be surprised that you're getting this responce with the comments being made. If you didn't then I think you're being naive.

Would be awesome if you could just answer my questions rather than being evasive. Otherwise I can only assume you actually have no answers here. Cheers.
                        Last edited by Rombie; 09-18-2011, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Wow. Just wow. You managed to avoid answering any of my questions, nice way of proving your points.
                          Sigh. I clearly said I would answer all of your questions if you had re-read my "ramblings" all the way through. I'm all for a friendly, mature debate, and your childish behavior isn't exactly motivating me to have one with you.

Once you started your back and forth on specific points with Darkmoon, it became difficult to read further of your ramblings because you were only expanding on your original point, not making new ones.
                          Just because you disagree with my opinions, it does not make them "ramblings". Why do you feel the need to be on the offensive? Have I insulted you in some way? Pro-tip, when you want to have a thoughtful discussion with someone, you should treat them with respect.

And if my ramblings were so difficult to read through, what makes you think anything further from me would any different? You seem to love to assume. As you assumed "my blindness", and assumed your short answers "would make me happy".

Would be awesome if you could just answer my questions rather than being evasive. Otherwise I can only assume you actually have no answers here. Cheers.
                          Another assumption, what a surprise. I cant tell you how many times I've talked to someone who "assumes" I have no answers because I don't answer fast enough or to their liking. It's a popular response of those not really interested in learning, but only arguing their point. Listen guy, I have nothing against you. I don't know what the heck I did to garner your hostility. Can we both agree to a civil conversation hence forth in respect to each other and Darkmoon's request?

I'll answer your questions depending on how you reply to this. If we can uphold a friendly conversation, I look forward to it. I've studied the Qur'an for years, though according to Member Of Stars that's apparently laughable nor does it give me any credibility, but I digress. So, whether not we continue is up to you. (and if you want to interpret this plea for civility as "I have no answers" be my guest. Your loss, and my time spent not wasted.)

EDIT: I did not see your edit, as I was in the middle of typing my reply.

Skim-read? That is not quite indicative of someone wanting to learn. This is why I am hesitant to put my effort in a conversation with you. It's not that I don't want to, I do; but you are showing the signs of someone with much arrogance as well as ignorance, unfortunately. Sounds to me that you are already cemented in your views, so why should debate with you?

Of course my controversial comments will get reactions, but there is a difference between honestly inquisitive ones and inflammatory ones. I've been doing this for a long, long time. More often then not, people who antagonize are closed minded and "ask" false questions in the guise of furthering an argument. However, I want not to assume and give you the benefit of the doubt. That's why I'm not continuing until I get your agreement to a civil discussion.
                          Last edited by PracticalAl; 09-18-2011, 08:35 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'll start this by need to point out that while I stated you were rambling earlier, instead of just replying to the original questions you've spent two posts just countering justifying a proper responce to me; clearly I've hit a nerve outside of the topic.

It's hard for me to really change my stance on this here based on your further responses that have a lot of words in reply to why you should answer but don't really say much about the topic, well except general attacks as well. Indeed I also apparently enjoy being berated as having an invalid opinion, supposedly being childish, and all in all being told just because I wrote an original reply in jest that I'm apparently not worth the time and effort (although at the same time apparently still am; confusing).

I seemingly offended you by calling your lengthy thoughts rambling, then I do apologise for this greatest of offenses. I still however think the need you have to pull apart the background of the current US president is the opposite to the pro-support you heavily critiqued at the start of this thread as I mentioned.

In short I'm happy to engage a proper discussion, and I always have, but you're the one who decided to avoid even giving me a hint that your original statements had justified further reasoning by just ignoring questions and picking at holes in my first responce only.

I just wanted a simple answer on the basis of why it matters to you what religion the leader of the United States has? I could easily understand if he was force feeding that religion onto the masses, but I'm not seeing that. So I'm curious about why you have beef with it if it were true. But if you really don't want to reply to it, I'm okay with that too.

Comment

(Darkmoon, if this is treading too much into religion for your liking, let me know and I will delete the post. Sorry, in advance.)

Indeed I also apparently enjoy being berated as having an invalid opinion, supposedly being childish
                              Starting off your thread with "LOL@PracticalAl", skim-reading my "ramblings" and not one, but many false assumptions. Would you not say this is childish?

I seemingly offended you by calling your lengthy thoughts rambling
                              Oh, no. Don't worry about that. I'm downright impossible to offend, trust me. It's just that when you start a thread as I mentioned above, I wanted to assess you as a person before putting my effort into a debate with you.

I still however think the need you have to pull apart the background of the current US president is the opposite to the pro-support you heavily critiqued at the start of this thread as I mentioned.
                              The need? How have a displayed a "need" so far? I mentioned I thought the President was secretly Muslim, Darkmoon asked why, and I answered. How is that a "need"?! This is actually the first time I've talked online about any of this. The people I were poking fun of were the extreme idol worshipers. The one's who write songs and put him in Spiderman comics. (But if me having an opinion that he "might" be Muslim makes me extreme, than that's your opinion.)

I may not agree with his administration, but I do respect our President. I respect him in the sense that he is the authority of our country, and God commands us to respect all authority. I pray for him, his family and his administration every night. Just because I have a hunch (Yes, a hunch, I never said proof or concrete evidence) that's he's Muslim, I'm some how a nutjob? Haha, so be it then! The fact that I have a certain opinion about the President and get called crazy, is just further proof of the idol-worship he gets.

In short I'm happy to engage a proper discussion, and I always have, but you're the one who decided to avoid even giving me a hint that your original statements had justified further reasoning by just ignoring questions and picking at holes in my first responce only.
                              Again, I said I would answer your questions, all of them. I wanted to get your agreement on a mature debate. If that makes me "evasive" in your eyes, fine.

I just wanted a simple answer on the basis of why it matters to you what religion the leader of the United States has? I could easily understand if he was force feeding that religion onto the masses, but I'm not seeing that. So I'm curious about why you have beef with it if it were true. But if you really don't want to reply to it, I'm okay with that too.
                              It does, and it doesn't matter. Every person is different. Some people let their religion dictate their whole life, for better or worse; and some people's religion barely influences them at all. The President of the United States should be able to have any religion he wants as long as it doesn't effect his policies negatively.

Most if not all presidents so far have been Christian. (Or claimed to be Christian) Our nation was founded on Christian principles, so this has worked well, for the most part. Whether or not Obama is Muslim, he certainly has an agenda towards the Arab/Muslim world. It's been shown all through out his presidency so far. Just for example, the four incidences I mentioned. Those were only 4 out of 100's.

Islam in specific would be a problem with our country. Islam's goal is the destruction of western society and either converting or killing non-believers. (The Qur'an itself calls "Christians and Jews the vilest of animals". Would you want the leader of your country to follow such a religion?) Look, all religions are bullshit. They are evil and man-made, but Islam in particular is very destructive to a society. Just look at any predominately Islamic country.

Or look at Europe and see the changes for the worst, because of the Islamic takeover in those countries. How schools are forced to adapt to their rules rather than have them assimilate like immigrants are suppose to. How children are mocked for their light hair and light skin in their own country. How certain areas of town are already under Sharia Law. How, God forbid, if you happen to mention any of this you get instantly called "xenophobic" or better yet, "Islamaphobic". (But all of this is no surprise because the Qur'an's doctrines teach it's followers how to infiltrate a country and slowly takeover.)

Now is one president going to drastically change our structure? No. But Obama has certainly put the pieces in place for the next one, or the next one. These changes start slowly but surely. Again, look to Europe. If the president is indeed Muslim, he is going to put these pieces in place as he already has. (Such as dhimmtude in the Health Care Bill.) Hell, maybe he's not Muslim at all, but he certainly has an Arab agenda!

I've watched from the beginning, Europe slowly being infiltrated, and it made me terribly sad. I'm starting to see the signs here as well, and I'm not the only one by the way.. If that makes me crazy, fine. I'm sure the people in Europe who noticed these changes were called crazy too.
                              Last edited by PracticalAl; 09-19-2011, 10:05 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well this isn't going to end well.
                                See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X