X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would of, but not anymore, because you're here! <3
    sigpic

Comment

(Darkmoon, if this is treading too much into religion for your liking, let me know and I will delete the post. Sorry, in advance.)
      Just to clarify, as we discussed this privately - religion debate is allowed on THIA, we do not promote censorship. That's why Darkmoon made his second post to clarify that. The debate must not be insulting however, and in the correct topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
        Just to clarify, as we discussed this privately - religion debate is allowed on THIA, we do not promote censorship. That's why Darkmoon made his second post to clarify that. The debate must not be insulting however, and in the correct topic.
        Ah, thank you! I guess I just wasn't sure enough if my post was leading into any off-topic territory. Didn't want to give you or Darkmoon any more troubles. ^^;
        sigpic

Comment

I've got three sick kids, one very sick. Troubles here are as nothing. I can just ban you lot if I get annoyed - I've yet to learn how to ban virus'...

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that! Me and my family all have colds too. Must be some.. uh.. international/internet contagion going around. >__>'.. Anywho, I hope they all recover soon.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              I've yet to learn how to ban virus'...

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                It would of, but not anymore, because you're here! <3
                You give me far too much credit. Most people on here are just as capable of derailing their own topics without my help.
                See you in hell.

Comment

I'll answer your questions depending on how you reply to this. If we can uphold a friendly conversation, I look forward to it. I've studied the Qur'an for years, though according to Member Of Stars that's apparently laughable nor does it give me any credibility, but I digress. So, whether not we continue is up to you. (and if you want to interpret this plea for civility as "I have no answers" be my guest. Your loss, and my time spent not wasted.)
                  Sorry, you studied Qu'ran for years and you have come up with "Obama is a secret muslim" and "I believe in God"? That doesn't seem like studying, that seems like skimming through the Qur'an to cherrypick information to support your religion (either by overthrowing some verses or using some verses to help rationalize your ideas) and your conspiracy theories. It is laughable. Considering Obama is giving away *all of his power* to the Christian right wing, is still waging war in Afganistan and Iraq, and is supporting Israel (still), you claim he does it to be a proverbial wolf among the sheep?

Seriously. Laughing.

I am tempted to take on your post, but it looks like it would be a waste of time, especially when even I, as an European know that this-

"Our nation was founded on Christian principles, so this has worked well, for the most part."

Is right wing US Christian BS, and this message has been spewed by the most ignorant of your public figures for too long. If you believe it to be true, then...
                  Last edited by Member_of_STARS; 09-19-2011, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Sorry, you studied Qu'ran for years and you have come up with "Obama is a secret muslim" and "I believe in God"? That doesn't seem like studying, that seems like skimming through the Qur'an to cherrypick information to support your religion (either by overthrowing some verses or using some verses to help rationalize your ideas)
                    Okay. Using my Qur'an studies to help support the feeling I have that Obama is Muslim completely invalidates them? Right. I study the Qur'an out of interest. It just so happens to correlate with the topic here. People sure love to make assumptions about me! I feel sorta special now. But, obviously you know more about the Qur'an than I do. Awesome! Care to shed some light on the real meanings of the verses I posted?

I am tempted to take on your post, but it looks like it would be a waste of time
                    The feeling is mutual, I'm afraid.
                    Last edited by PracticalAl; 09-19-2011, 12:14 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay. Using my Qur'an studies to help support the feeling I have that Obama is Muslim completely invalidates them?
                      Do you have *any* idea how ridiculous this looks? Looking back at all the arguments with religious people who drew their arguments from their respective holy books (a mild exception in your case), I've come to a conclusion that depending on the verse, and how you like to interpret it (Qur'an is especially amusing in that particular way, you can always reinterpret it, if it doesn't provide a solid argument/counterargument), you can rationalize almost any idea. From the validation of "this book said it before science" until this- where the Qur'an is used to validate an idea of Obama being a secret muslim who works in White House for the benefit of the "Muslim agenda".

Right. I study the Qur'an out of interest. It just so happens to correlate with the topic here. People sure love to make assumptions about me! I feel sorta special now. But, obviously you know more about the Qur'an than I do. Awesome! Care to shed some light on the real meanings of the verses I posted?
                      I know one thing. Accoording to your intepretation and rationalization, it would mean that Obama could do anything he wanted, and he would still be a secret Muslim.
                      Last edited by Member_of_STARS; 09-19-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Dude, apparently you have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to religion. I'm not in the mood to battle with you. I'd nothing love to have an honest and intellectual debate about this, but I don't see that happening. You generalize and assume, and that is a big sign of both ignorance and arrogance when it comes to studying religion.

Maybe someday when you're not so angry we can have a fun discussion. I'd love that, really! I enjoy talking about this stuff, I've been studying it all my life! Okay? I hope for that, I'd look forward to it. Much love to you!
                        sigpic

Comment

I am disappointed with this outcome.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

Me too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Although the discourse seems done, let me subtly hint once more - this thread is not for religious debate, and next time it slips off into that, I will pull my dick out and whip people with it until they obey. There's a shiny 'New Topic' button if folks want to talk about this, although given some of the quite scary people here I do not see it ending well.

Consider this post me unzipping.

Comment

.. Am I one of those scary people?
                                Last edited by PracticalAl; 09-19-2011, 01:57 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X