Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SONY has you by the balls with their new update. Or do they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SONY has you by the balls with their new update. Or do they?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14948701

My advice to those who want to opt out: Buy a stamp. Write the letter.

Suddenly not having any sony products has made me feel better.

Comment

As long as you don't hack the PSN, then you should be in the clear.

Comment

The contract isn't hacking specific though.

Comment

Is this even legal? 'No, you have to wave a legal right to play on our service.' Isn't that kinda like saying you can't have the right to sue an employer if you get hurt due to there negligence?

Comment

Seems like a real Dick move, especially if its hidden deep within the EULA.

"Oh, you lost $2000 due to the hacking, well since you clicked the agree button for our new EULA, you are now obliged to pay us the same amount, those videos we have been making of you whilst using the move can now be published via Youtube, we also own your first born, and are now legally allowed to harvest your organs to sell on the black market."

Should really just make anything that you do not sign in person for not legally binding, though that would kinda screw up the internet.

Comment

Another reason I'm glad I no longer really use Sony gaming products. Way to be assholes. People have had PS3s for years, and now it's basically "if you want to carry on playing PSN, you can't sue us if we let your personal details get into the hands of criminals". Doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence that they believe it won't happen again. Oh well. It's all about XBL and my newfound love for Steam for me. I love Gaben.

Comment

I don't care - i don't have credit cards connected to my profile so there is nothing interesting for criminals.

Comment

Wow, way to loose your fans respect Sony, especially after what did just happen.

Comment

Let's all take our PS3s back for a refund and worship this man.

Comment

Money doesn't grow on trees, but Episode 3 does....And apparently I have 1,000,000+ views on this. Holy mother of butts.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

In fairness, we're still allowed to sue - we're just not allowed to sue as a group. Which doesn't amount to much...for every lawyer you send, Sony can retain a hundred.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDYARKLAY View Post
                          I don't care - i don't have credit cards connected to my profile so there is nothing interesting for criminals.
                          Agreed. After the major hack a few months ago, I removed all of my data. Now, I'm not naive enough to believe it is not housed at Sony somewhere, but they have no new credit card information from me. I will just continue to buy the PSN prepay cards should I actually want to buy anything from the network. If they decide to take those away because they somehow infringe on something else, well then, too bad Sony, I guess I won't be using your online services anymore.

I get serious when it comes to my money, and I don't give second chances when it comes to something that I still ultimately believe is Sony's fault. I understand a skilled hacker can basically get into any program he/she wants to, but I still didn't expect Sony's to be so easy.

For shame Sony. You may end up losing the consol's war if you keep up with the negative publicity. I have already decided against your Vito or whatever the new portable is called.

Failga.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                            Let's all take our PS3s back for a refund and worship this man.

awww...But I hate Michael Moore.

Comment

I have a card attached to my account. Won't do any criminals any good though, as it's a pay-as-you-go card. That is, the only money on it is what I opt to put on it. And generally, if I put money on it, I will be spending it within 30 minutes, either on downloads on PSN or Steam, or ordering through eBay/Amazon.

Also, though.

Seems like a real Dick move, especially if its hidden deep within the EULA.
                              The EULA is there for a reason. The ignorance of not bothering to read it doesn't mean you don't fall under the terms. If you hit agree, you're meant to know what you're signing up for. Refusing to read it isn't a valid excuse if something goes wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X