Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SONY has you by the balls with their new update. Or do they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By hidden, i don't mean someone not reading it, I mean by hiding its exact nature by a cleverly worded phrase that would take more than a read through of the EULA but a deconstruction of the exact phrase used.

Clever wording can hide a multitude of sins.

And from what I gather, the change is just to stop group actions, so individual claims would have less clout.

Comment

I understand a skilled hacker can basically get into any program he/she wants to, but I still didn't expect Sony's to be so easy.
      I guess this hackers group is able to hack every system which they want - they proved it.

Comment

At least you have the option to opt out. So plebs who don't bother reading anyway will accept it, while those of you who are more inclined to read can bypass it altogether. This is essentially how EULA's work in the first place.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

So - as soon as I downloaded the new update and agreement (apparently we aren't legally allowed to do this in the UK anyway) I found I could not log onto the PSN anymore.

...so to prove the point, Sony breaks everyone's PS3's a little and laughs mockingly at there pain? That would be hilarious, in a 'I hate you, Sony' kinda way,

Comment

Apparently, the network is down again. A few articles pop in Google stating that they are "having problems" again.

I am really starting to get beyond pissed with Sony and its "problems."

I have very little sympathy for Sony. It is one of the largest international companies around; little problems should not be this numerous.

Mainly, I'm just venting because I'm annoyed as I wanted to shop around at the store a bit today. I wouldn't be surprised if the network was back up by the end of the day, but still, these problems are becoming a bit too frequent lately.
            sigpic

Comment

My guess is that the new user agreement has caused yet another hacking attempt. Which would be hilarious, but never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                I have already decided against your Vito or whatever the new portable is called.
                Is that because of you generally disliking Sony, or does the console just not interest you? Just curious!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                  Is that because of you generally disliking Sony, or does the console just not interest you? Just curious!
                  No, I actually have a lot of Sony products, and until recently, was quite fond of the company. The PS3 itself I really like, but Sony's constant issue with the PS Network is just getting frustrating to me (and I do not solely blame Sony).

To me, the hacking incidents were highly inconsiderate; I should not have to suffer lose of a service because someone didn't get an apology from Sony because they breached the terms of service. Your qualm is with Sony, not me (someone who is simply a user of Sony products).

Sony products are generally of good quality, and I have actually never had to replace one. My PSX is still in perfect working order and I have had it for years. The only time I replace a Sony product is usually to upgrade.

Though, I digress. To answer your question, I will be avoiding the new portable simply because I hated the PSP. I own one of the middle generation ones, and ultimately, I have to say it is not that impressive. I think ultimately what the PSP lacks is a solid game library. More often than not, I would find games on the DS that I liked far more than I would on the PSP. My fear is that this same issue with translate into the next generation of Sony's portables and I would rather not waste another $200 to find out. I actually cannot think of one game I own for the PSP that I played from start to finish.

For me, what the PSP lacks in style/button configuration and gaming library, the DS masters ten-fold. So when it comes to portables, at this moment in time, I will only get Nintendo products.
                  sigpic

Comment

- You can still sue them or pursue whatever you want, you just can not do it as a group. Each person would need sue on their own. Not that these things hold up in court anyway.

- To date no credible evidence of anyones details being used from the hack has emerged. Sony said they weren't sure the data had actually been taken after a while, everything was done just incase though, so far it seems they were right.

- PSN never went down again, some people had trouble logging in was all.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                      Let's all take our PS3s back for a refund and worship this man.

Saturated fats can have complete global domination too!
                      REALDEMO

Comment

Working...
                      X