The Nostalgia Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nostalgia Thread

Oh yea baby, it's time for a blast from the past.

Post/discuss some things you remember fondly from long ago. I'll be 25 in two weeks, and this is what I remember when I was a kid. What do you remember from your childhood/culture of the times?
    Without naming the obvious like TMNT, here's what I came up with after a few minutes of deep thinking.

Eureeka's Castle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpnZPM99JSM

My Pet Monster

Mcdonald's Happy meal toys: Transforming food items
    Last edited by REmaster; 09-20-2011, 01:46 AM.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Enrico will hiss with rage that I beat him to this - Knightmare, an old kids show which was a combination of special effects and live action. Awesome show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bwK5H8Ui-E - First part of the first episode.

Comment

Oh bloody hell I remember Knightmare (Re-runs anyway) that and the crystal maze and games master were the shows I watched growing up shame tv nowadays is totally crap

Comment

I don't remember the early series...they were shown when I'd have been three, four, five. Too young to remember this. I suspect I did watch them - I watched whatever my elder brother did at that age. And I definitely recall the later shows, although not terribly well. Again, it's been a long, long time.

...so, I'm totally not looking for this on DVD now. Nu-uh, totally not doing that at all.

Comment

I know its a pretty obvious one but since it was such a massive craze during my primary school years im going to say....pokemon!
          also in the way of TV shows theres was Goosebumps, digimon, monster rancher, ed, edd and eddie, courage the cowardly dog, scooby doo.
          The biggest Nostalgic gems for me though are the first few Land Before Time Films and Jurassic Park. I was a big Dinosaur kid.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Am_Nemesis View Post
            The biggest Nostalgic gems for me though are the first few Land Before Time Films and Jurassic Park. I was a big Dinosaur kid.
            Even I could not ignore the cuteness of Littlefoot.

Last edited by REmaster; 09-20-2011, 04:54 AM.
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

Wow, I remember watching Eureka's Castle all the time. I even had the Megellan puppet from Pizza Hut.

1990's Pizza Hut Commercial

I believe I still have him out in the garage somewhere; I actually had two because my aunt bought me one as a gift after I already had it. Let's see, that was 1990 apparently...So I was four...Over two decades ago. Thanks for making me feel old.

I also had a few of those McDonald's transformers. I can definitely remember the Chicken McNuggets alligator thing, and I want to say I had the Big Mac.

Not to go onto TMNT, but I also remember having the VHS's from Burger King.

I can recall four of them, and distinctively remember the yellow-boxed one being my favorite. I remember Shredder has some sort of machine that turned off gravity and made the city float. Ah, good times. I remember being in preschool getting these because my mom would bring them to me at the end of the day when she picked me up.

It's amazing I was never a fat child based on all the fast food I ate...
              Last edited by Xander Ashford; 09-20-2011, 11:08 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by I_Am_Nemesis View Post
                I was a big Dinosaur kid.

BTW, remember all that crap Pokemon & the Teletubbies got in the US?

Some fundamentalist Christian groups said 'Pokeman' was from SATAN. They also said that the purple tubbie was actively turning babies into homos.

Good times.
                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                  Let's see, that was 1990 apparently...So I was four...Over two decades ago. Thanks for making me feel old.
                  I know the feeling, I made this thread so I won't feel like the only one. It's true that Misery loves company

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                  Wow, I remember watching Eureka's Castle all the time. I even had the Megellan puppet from Pizza Hut.I also had a few of those McDonald's transformers. I can definitely remember the Chicken McNuggets alligator thing, and I want to say I had the Big Mac.
                  It's amazing I was never a fat child based on all the fast food I ate...
                  Those were great days when they actually gave awesome toys to kids, and even tapes in some cases. Now you just get a little plastic piece of garbage, from what I can tell from the happy meal signs anyways. Back then Pizza Hut was my favorite place to eat. Not sure how it is outside of Kentucky, but when I was a kid their colors were red and black. All they had was soda, arcade machines and damn good pizza. However, several years ago the franchise was revamped and now their colors are yellow and purple, and they concentrate on serving sub sandwiches, salad and sub par pizza. As for the puppets, I had Batley the bat lol.
                  Last edited by REmaster; 09-20-2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

NEEDS MORE POGS!

also

Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 09-20-2011, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Mmmm, Star Trek actors. I loved that show.

Comment

This is Darkmoon.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                          Even I could not ignore the cuteness of Littlefoot.

Littlefoot likes Mommies boogers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post

This is Darkmoon.
                            I do love a good Xanatos Gambit...

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                              NEEDS MORE POGS!
                              It's all about the slammers yo!

My favorite one, which also happens to be the first one he ever wrote.

I loved it so much as a kid because it's about Spoiler:

Damn those games used to be awesome, I still have proskater2 but it's scratched beyond recognition.

My second favorite game of all time <3

Anyone ever collect Battle Beasts? I only have one that survived the sands of time, which happens to be the black lizard with orange armor pictured below. Not really to fun to play with, more of a "gotta collect em all" kind of thing. They were also apparently featured in a episode of the Transformers cartoon lol.
                              Last edited by REmaster; 09-20-2011, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X