X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE4 Wii and Chronicles news.

Update: Famitsu scans here and here

Via Gamefront.de

A small update from this issue is that Mikami apologized for the PS2 port of RE4. He had repeatedly objected to the project having promised whole GC exclusivity, but his superiors went ahead with their plans. A double edged sword, since RE4 PS2 ended up being Capcom's 2nd best selling title last generation (behind the original Devil May Cry).

----------

It's confirmed now that the Wii version of RE4 includes all the PS2 version extras in addition to Wiimote controls (classic control options too). Cutscenes will be realtime, and there will extra enemies in some areas.

The Japanese release date is set for May 31.

As for Chronicles, the latest Famitsu had some preliminary information about some game mechanics as well as some new screens of the mansion. It seems that the game will utilize first person shooting and the plot will revolve around the end of Umbrella (a real closure perhaps?). Every character in the RE universe will be present as well.

More on that later.

Thanks to CVXFREAK for the heads up.
    Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 04-04-2007, 08:20 AM. Reason: Update

HOT. I just seen this news elsewhere and you were on the ball, thanks

Looks like Ill have to get a Wii ASAP then ;(
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-04-2007, 05:37 AM.

Comment

But the Japanese version of Resident Evil 4 is censored!

Comment

What? O_o

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          HOT. I just seen this news elsewhere and you were on the ball, thanks

Looks like Ill have to get a Wii ASAP then ;(
          If you can find one. Something like 6 million of them have been shipped and all of them have been sold. I've looked.

~Weed

Comment

Thanks for the news. If it's a FPS game, I'm afraid I can't play it. What I want is classic RE angle of views.
            God won't help me?

Comment

Didn't you hear me? If Wii version of "Resident Evil 4" comes in Japan, they'll just censor it like in the PS2 and the Gamecube version!

Comment

It was listed on American sites also, and will likely be released everywhere else. It isn't as if it is Japan only.

Fingers crossed they port the GC version of all the original content so that we don't end up with the washed out, lower polygon, compressed sound version of the main game. I doubt they will up the textures, but that said they did the PC version, but then on the other side of the coin that was Ubi behind that so who knows if they only rescalled and altered the original textures or if Capcom just downsized the textures for the GC.

I am not quite looking forward to Umbrella Chronicles as much as I originaly was, they say it is only 25% done yet they showed it off first almost a year ago, does that mean they intend on taking another 3 year with it? Capcom need to stop showing content that doesn't really exist, you would think they would have learned that by now, as far back as the original game they remimagined it, then on the second. I think RE3 is the only game where they actually followed the original idea all the way through.

Comment

It's a GC port, as stated by the developers. Something tells me that they were originally porting the content for an updated GC game, then they changed their minds and decided to port it to the Wii.

RE3 was done in such a short time for a full fledged game, they really didn't have time to go back to alter anything. Add Zero there too, since Minami stated that the final game was pretty much the same as the original N64 game.

Comment

ps2 extras + cube's technical superiority = alpha RE4 !

Comment

But the Japanese version that will be released first in Japan on Wii, is gonna be censored!

Comment

1; There's been no mention about if the JP version will be censored or not.

2; The Japanese censor was pretty much limited to the decapitation of Leon if the chainsaw dude caught up with you. If you on purpose let him catch up with you to see that animation, seek professional help before a family tragedy happens. If you died by accident on him way too many times, play on an easier difficulty, the euro GC version feature an extra easy mode I'm fairly certain they carried over to the PS2 version too. Gain some skill.
                        Anyway, in either case, you should've already probably seen it enough times to not need/have to see it again, so it'll be like a feature you wont notice if is gone from the JP version.

3; The US version of RE4 (GC) came out like 2-3 weeks before the Japanese release. However, this game is currently 31st of May in JP, and the suggested release date at Gamestop before they took it down (before the announcement) was the 25th of June, 25 days later. Short waiting time if this is correct, however, no official US release has been announced.

4; Currently, the only way to play Japanese games on the Wii with a guarantee they'll work, is to have a Japanese Wii, however, compatibility is near perfect with the current mod solutions between the two NTSC regions, but there'll probably both be updates to improve that compatibility from the mod community and also updates to system and/or games as preventive measures to counter this.

So... why do we care about that minor censorship again ?
                        Last edited by Carnivol; 04-04-2007, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Excellent news, Umon.

But the Japanese version that will be released first in Japan on Wii, is gonna be censored!
                          So, just wait and get the US version??
                          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

So it seems UC will be a more traditional like lightgun game on Rails. Screens suggest its 2 player...Damnit Ill have to get a Wii now D;

Comment

Oh, I see. But why does the Japanese version on Wii had to be first release?

Comment

Working...
                              X