No announcement yet.

RE4 Wii and Chronicles news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does the Japanese version on Wii had to be first release?
    Because Capcom's main headquaters are located in Japan. The US got extremely lucky concerning RE4's release; we got the game before Japan, and it's uncensored at that. Of course the reason behind that decision was probably a market strategy, and possibly because of the turmoil that was occuring with Capcom and it's own R&D staff.
    Last edited by MeganGrass; 04-04-2007, 03:55 PM. Reason: spelling
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Wow, I get it. But will the United States "Wii" version of "Resident Evil 4" have the same uncensored content?

Comment

Why wouldnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          Why wouldnt it?
          Bad question man. Because if the US version gets censored like the Japanese version, Resident Evil fans will burst with outrage.

Comment

Western versions aside from the German ones were never censored, including the previous releases of RE4. End of story.

Let's stop moving in circles here, shall we?

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
              Western versions aside from the German ones were never censored, including the previous releases of RE4. End of story.

Let's stop moving in circles here, shall we?
              Yeah, you're right. Lets.

Comment

Hmm...Am I the only one a bit TOd by this? I know nothing is set in stone, but it seems like "Wii RE4" will just be another Prince of Persia Wii. It's still a great game, but it isn't worth your time again. I love RE4, but I am not buying this considering it's not worth another 30 bucks. I got RE4 when it was 30 or 40, considering I wanted one with the "only for tag" (I wasn't sure if that would stay when the PS2 version came out), so I don't know if this is really worth the money.

Things that I would love in a real RE4 for Wii would be:

Dolby ProLogic IIx - Come on. It's two extra channels. You can do it.

Enchanced Textures - Tbh, while the GCN game was great, the textures could use some work, especially if it is for the Wii

Better/ actual rag doll physics - One of the most annoying parts of RE4 for me was the lack of said physics. Having every body clip into buildings and other bodies was quite unrealistic and deterred a bit from the cool vibe...

All of the PS2 content, plus a bit more - Now that it def has the PS2 crap and the UC video, this one may have been fufilled, but still.

Online multiplayer - If the mercenary missions taught me anything, there should be multiplayer. The gameplay may need to be a bit tweaked, as MGS's multiplayer had to be, but it could work. This of course isn't necesary, but would be a superb touch.

HD - Once again, not necesary, but considering it's a port, I'm sure it's possible. Possible, unless Nintendo blocked the Wii from ouputting in such a resolution. Still, considering the engine is old and worked fine on a console half as powerful, it's always possible to double the resolution or so...

Actual wiimote control - Yes, actual measurements and such. Not the FPS shite we keep getting shafted with, but actual motion sensing. The wiimote could act as the in game gun and because of this, you could walk and shoot. That would be awesome. This is prolly the most important of all.

Those are my demands... Er...my wishlist. I love resident evil, maybe not as much as you guys, but I still love it. I just don't think this awesome game should be thrown onto the wii without making it the version of RE4. This should've basically been the definitive version of RE4, and unfortunately it seems not. Had it had all the crap I listed, I definately would've paid more than 30 bucks for it. 40, hell, 50. Of course, I'm not getting my panties in a bunch just yet. We don't know everything about the game, so half my demands could come true.

Anyone with me on this? Or am I being totally unrealistic? I have other peeps agreeing with me on other sites, but I'd like your guy's input...

Also, anyone else think from the pictures, UC seems to be using the same rendering engine as RE4? I'm a bit worried about that one...

Comment

Unrealistic demands, that's for sure. The Wii would need more than the 3MB frame buffer it has for HD. But either way, when was the last time Capcom actually enchanced ports considerably? RE2 was ported to several platforms, and they all looked like the the original PS version.

You're right, UC IS using the RE4 engine. All of Capcom's Wii games will be using it.

Comment

All of Capcom's Wii games will be using it. *for Wii ;) "Framework" - Dead Rising, Lost Planet will be used for 360 and PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
                      Unrealistic demands, that's for sure. The Wii would need more than the 3MB frame buffer it has for HD.
                      Considering that was the lowest priority demand, eh, no.

You're right, UC IS using the RE4 engine. All of Capcom's Wii games will be using it.
                      Which, imo, is stinky, considering the physics is pooey.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                        All of Capcom's Wii games will be using it. *for Wii ;) "Framework" - Dead Rising, Lost Planet will be used for 360 and PS3.
                        Why of course, redundancy must be used to stress the importance of this point

Comment

Hey guys, I've just found something cool! Here's the screenshot of "Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition". And it's in English. http://www.ngcfrance.com/images/news...on/scr_005.jpg

Comment

It was posted an hour ago here - http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?t=876

Comment

The US version will be released this time in summer. Will Umbrella Chronicles be released in the US first or in Japan?

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Makes me happy in the pants

Comment

Working...
                                X