Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umbrella Chronicles Scans Translated

*Updated*

Wesker from Survivhor has had fellow webmaster and friend Doughboy from Morbid Creations translate the latest Famitsu scans. The information is as follows:
    • the game will be a kind of FPS

• it will explain every mystery from RE1 to RE3 trough documents the gamer can find during the game

• The game is divided in stages

• Stages 1 to 3 will be inside Raccoon City

• All characters from the original games (Bio 1 to 3) will appear inRE Wii

• The characters will appear in their own stage (if stage 1 is about Bio 1, the Bio 1 characters will be in stage 1 - and so on)

• Jill and Chris had separated adventures in the original game. In Bio Wii, they will have one joint adventure.

• The story will be told from Umbrella's side.

• Wesker will be the key character of the game (--> WARNING : this doesn't mean he will be playable)

• Developers said they hope the game to chill gamers out, when the weather get cold (--> seems the game will be release in Fall or Winter)

• There will be at least 4 stages : Mansion, Dormitory, Final Lab and Raccoon City (it is unclear if the Final Lab is the one from Bio 1 or 2)

• The "kind of FPS" means shooting game like Gun Survivor BUT they also said that you can look around and pick items. So maybe, minimum mobility.

Special thanks to Wesker and Doughboy!
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-04-2007, 03:14 PM.

Special Bonus disk for Pre-Orders! Biohazard 2 Prototype!

-end dream
    sigpic

Comment

This doesn't sound good at all. It's a mere glorified Gun Survivor.. just what the hell were they thinking?

Comment

It sounds to me like this is an outlet to those that where pissed about the lack of Umbrella in RE4. I have hopes of it being good, but the track record for the gun survivor games is pretty poor at best. Pretty much every RE that goes Mikami less (in some capacity) turns out to be poor. It is hard to judge the game by these screenshots since they look very much like promotional images rather than say something taken by the magazine people. Some of the images look like they have motion blur on them, I wonder if these are cut scenes or something, likely pre scripted events. It looks to be just altered assets from past games as well, I wonder what they are doing with their time since by the sounds and looks of it alot of what they are doing already has a frame of reference. I mean surely alot of the story elements they are introducing should already exist in text form and alot of the art is created so presumably their time is taken up by altering art, concieving story implementation and creating conceptual gameplay. I wonder how big the team is also?

Comment

Rails>Free Roam (in gun survivor context)

Comment

Great, now we need the third scan translated XD

PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

"it will explain every mystery from RE1 to RE3 trough documents the gamer can find during the game"

What about Code Veronica? Will it also be in the game? I would really like to see how they remade Alexia :*

About Survivor - it was a nice game, much worse than RE1 and RE2 (and I think this is why so many reviewers and gamers hates the game, because they expected more from the game with "Resident Evil" in the title), but still playable. It has horrible voice acting and story (not the backstory, but the main story with all that Vincent, Ark and his amnesia etc) and controls (firs person shooter, where you have to stand while shooting? WTF), but was still nice.

Comment

Im getting a copy in from Japan so I will have Bjorn take a look and possibly do the whole article.

Comment

This seems like it's going to be half and half cannon. Theres changes in the story and I expect there will be other flaws or contradictions (Been playing PW2) but overall, all the snippets of info will clear up plot holes and thus form a complete storyline of all events from 0 - 4 or however far it stretches.

I'm sure they'll be a disclaimer somewhere stating how Gaiden never existed and anyone who owns a copy are just imagining things

Comment

I'll be very interested in playing this, but I wont fork out for a Wii just for this. Gotta save for RE5 maaan.

ps. Jill goin' akimbo ftw!
                    Last edited by SureShot; 04-05-2007, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X