Umbrella Chronicles and RE4 Wii sites live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umbrella Chronicles and RE4 Wii sites live

Capcom has re-launched their Biohazard Series website, with a much needed overhaul. You can view it here.

Also launching today is the Umbrella Chronicles site and the Resident Evil 4 Wii site. The UC site contains a short 32 second trailer which shows off the games cinematics and gameplay. Both look really well done.

Famitsu has scored an interview about Umbrella Chronicles as well, which can be directly accessed here. The interview is in Japanese though, so be aware of that. They have also added a few low resolution shots to their page here. Thanks to Archelon for the info!

NGC France has got their hands on some sreenshots from the Wii version of RE4 as well. You can see those here.

Bjorn has skimmed through the Famitsu video interview and has this to offer:

The only interesting thing they've said so far is that it's set between the end of RE3 and the start of RE4 to show what exactly happened that made Umbrella come to and end. And then they go on about how this will fill some of the plot holes between the older games, and how they're focusing on making this game EASY TO CONTROL, because they haven't said that 500 times already. And of course, they mention how the Wii hardware is different and they had to think up a good way to use the motion controls, and thus they came up with shooting. Also, these guys are claiming that there will be SCARY SCENES in it.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-06-2007, 06:51 AM.

Between RE3 and RE4? What are Rebecca and Billy doing there then? Hmm.

Thank GOD we don't have to bear with the awkward controls of RE4 again *sarcasm* Why not make the game into a shooting gallery and get it over with?

Comment

I think they just mean that is that part fans want to know most, as it centers around Umbrellas downfall during that point.

Comment

Dude, anyone else laugh when they saw the RE4 Wii site?
        Just the fact that there are two extremely white people on a Japanese site made me rofl.

Comment

I'm skeptical of the FPS aspects of UC. I hope it's not another Gun Survivor. I'm not informed enough to say that th GS series is bad, it's just not what I was expecting for UC. It'll be a definite rental before purchase.

As for R-Wii 4, sign me up. It'll probably be one of the only games worth owning on the console (sad but true).

Comment

Well the only thing i'm going to be worried about is people's tv screens getting smashed running away from dr salvador over and over. The UC site so far is looking ok but i pray that it won't end up like all of the survivor games, and the fact that Jill and Chris are going to be put team up. Is it me or is that sounding like the original beta of the first game?

Comment

Well you know how much Capcom LOVES to recycle ideas

Comment

Originally posted by metaleggman View Post
                Dude, anyone else laugh when they saw the RE4 Wii site?
                Just the fact that there are two extremely white people on a Japanese site made me rofl.
                The guy is Christian Duerre, the model that they used to design Leon's facial features. I would assume that the girl is Brooke Elizabeth Mathieson (Ashley's/ but obviously not a model herself)

Comment

Working...
                X