No announcement yet.

...Jesus-ween? Seriously!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if you this, but my philosophy teacher said that Religion speaks the truth, and that Philosophy seeks the truth. Just saying.
    sigpic
    "So many assholes, so few bullets." - Duke Nukem

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
      Oh, really? So you've seen that mathematical example of a prophecies before? Isn't it mind-blowing? It's too bad Unu seceded, I was really looking forward to his attempt to answer the missing body in the tomb question! Well, I hope it's not just fun but educational as well.
      No I haven't. But stating them is in line with religious arguments. Most religion v. atheist debates follow the same patterns.

"There is no xxxxx"
      "You can't prove that."
      "Yes I can because xxxxx"
      "Well you don't really know xxxxx because you're not xxxxx"

Etc etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
        No I haven't. But stating them is in line with religious arguments. Most religion v. atheist debates follow the same patterns.
        "There is no xxxxx"
        "You can't prove that."
        "Yes I can because xxxxx"
        "Well you don't really know xxxxx because you're not xxxxx"
        Etc etc etc.
        Haha, I would like to think most religious debates follow that sort of pattern! Most of mine tend to lean that way, but then again, I'm usually unlucky enough to get into debates with people who have their head shoved up their ass. ..
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
          Haha, I would like to think most religious debates follow that sort of pattern! Most of mine tend to lean that way, but then again, I'm usually unlucky enough to get into debates with people who have their head shoved up their ass. ..
          I try to avoid religious debates. I have not read the bible, so I have no authority to speak on it xD

But the things you've said have been very educational, and I have read them with an open mind (myself being agnostic).

Comment

Vogue's facts come from Supernatural. He knows what he's talking about.
            See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
              Vogue's facts come from Supernatural. He knows what he's talking about.
              Haha, I'll take your word for that. I need to watch that show someday. .__.

Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
              I try to avoid religious debates. I have not read the bible, so I have no authority to speak on it xD But the things you've said have been very educational, and I have read them with an open mind (myself being agnostic).
              My God, is that refreshing to hear. Bless you, Vogue. It'd people with attitudes like you, that keep me encouraged to do what I do. Thank you. ; u ;..
              sigpic

Comment

I'm actually very torn with how I see this...The Nihilist in me that loathes religion and sees it as one of the worst things man has bestowed upon this Earth...BUT I like the idea of how they are trying to make something for children whose parents would ordinarily condemn Satan's holiday, and allows them to be part of something. It is sort of like being a Jewish kid around Christmas time. Sure, you have Hanukkah, but it isn't quite the same when all you're friends are singing "Silent Night" and you're singing the draddle song.

I imagine the age group for this Jesus-ween is probably younger children that aren't allowed to make their own decisions yet. I would hope by the time the child seems to have developed enough cognitive thinking the parent would perhaps discuss the prospect of taking part in Halloween or at least explain why they do not want the child to partake. I have met a lot of rigid Christains, but I have also met some open-minded ones.

While on the topic of religion, I have nothing against those who put their faith in something beyond this life, but I simply cannot get myself to believe that there is anything beyond this life. Everything can be explained through biology/chemistry/science. I do not believe in a soul...I do not believe in Heaven or Hell...I see religion as Life's guideline or rule book. Religion molds you to be a good person, and I respect that; however, I believe all this can be achieved on one's own.

I will respect your religion as long as you respect my beliefs. Do not impose your religion on me, and we will be fine.

What is Nihilism?

I would love to see open-mindedness and acceptance in my lifetime between the faithful and the faithless.
                sigpic

Comment

I have a character who's a nihilist. He's very fun to write for/draw. 8D
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X