No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Revelations New Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Props to you man. You must have played that game a bit to memorize which enemy would be where. I still think the idea of not being completely sure of where they're coming from is a big part of the whole scare factor. Not to mention I had to rely on sounds most of the time just to figure what I'd be up against.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
      I only bring up Revelations for the clear fact that this is a horror series, and any influence of co-op hasn't really helped maintain that image of horror for its games.
      That's what I was trying to say, too. The co-op in each new game in the series has done nothing but push it into a more action-oriented direction. It's not like I think the co-op in the extra game modes will detract from the main campaign.

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      Finally get to take on a Hunter with the BH4 gameplay style. Been a long time coming, should've been done sooner.
      This will be interesting. The posture of the Hunter in that scan reminded me of the Hunters from Dead Aim (the only we've seen from that perspective), although much more terrifying. The ones from Dead Aim looked like someone wearing the frog suit from Mario 3.
      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

I see nothing bad with a mini game having CO-OP .....
        Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
        ^ Lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
          I see nothing bad with a mini game having CO-OP .....
          Same here. I'd imagine something along the lines of Splinter Cell Conviction. That game pulled off Co-Op real nice. You get your single player experience, and the co-op as nice bonus.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Then what's the point about complaining over complainers?

To be fair these are mild complaints. It's not like I'm saying the game is going to be crap right off the bat. Where's the over-reaction coming from?

Can't imagine what part of that quote you find confusing. But to save you the trouble I suggest you give the Resident Evil remake a try if you haven't already. My recommendation to you if you have any doubts over the scare factor. This was a game that didn't need co-op of any influence to drive the tension. What it lacked in some quirky mini-game tacked on it makes up for in a compelling over all package. The extra features to the game also raised the bar for tension and difficulty. One Dangerous Zombie mode. Real Survivor mode.
            well I meant the RE minigames, i don't.think the Extra modes were scary in the classics

and I played REmake, It is the scariest in the series, and it's my favorite next to RE3 (I love RE3 ao much) but RE3 wasn't really scary, though it had tension (Nemesis is so awesome)

Adding Co-op to an Extra mode, just adds replay value and doesn't hurt the game.

Comment

yes hunters!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                Same here. I'd imagine something along the lines of Splinter Cell Conviction. That game pulled off Co-Op real nice. You get your single player experience, and the co-op as nice bonus.
                Exactly !

Originally posted by Zero38 View Post
                well I meant the RE minigames, i don't.think the Extra modes were scary in the classics
                game.
                True ,Like Mercenaries and Extreme Battle ..... Their point was just to be fun , Extra modes ....
                Same Here with revelations , soo id be happy to see this mod in action .... and well since we have hunters and those creepy monsters .... its not that bad ... Hehe im thinking of getting a 3ds now just for the sake of Revelations .....

Originally posted by Zero38 View Post
                and I played REmake, It is the scariest in the series, and it's my favorite next to RE3 (I love RE3 ao much) but RE3 wasn't really scary, though it had tension (Nemesis is so awesome)
                Idk about you , But Nemesis scared the shit out of me the first time i played RE3 when he jumped of the window , The only thing that still makes me jump , The hands that grab you in RE2 Rpd , i always forget about them , then they suddenly grab me which makes me jump scared
                Last edited by Mrox2; 10-15-2011, 06:33 AM.
                Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                ^ Lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                  The great thing about Conviction's co-op was that it wasn't just a tacked on mode. It actually connected to the single player campaign from a plot perspective.

More co-op modes need to do that, and I hope that's what Capcom is doing with Revelations.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                    The great thing about Conviction's co-op was that it wasn't just a tacked on mode. It actually connected to the single player campaign from a plot perspective.

More co-op modes need to do that, and I hope that's what Capcom is doing with Revelations.
                    I would be okay with that. Conviction's co-op mode was incredible, since you didn't have to play it in co-op to reap the benefits (no AI partners).
                    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                      The new scan has confirmed that the Hunter will return in this game.
                      YEEEES!!!

Comment

Props to you man. You must have played that game a bit to memorize which enemy would be where...
                        Well you had to beat the game at least twice to even unlock that mode. So its not like you went into it with no clues about where the enemies would be at.

Also, you could actually "see" the enemies. Either by way of the mirrors in the rooms, by their outline or the dust that they move around whenever they would walk.

You could also hear them.

Have you considered the Big C's track record with that sort of thing?
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                          Have you considered the Big C's track record with that sort of thing?
                          Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Having said that, I'm not actually expecting the mode to be relevant plotwise. Though you do have to wonder why they would create two new characters for the co-op mode if it isn't going to be related to the single player's story.

They could have just as easily reused Chris, Jill, Jessica, Parker, etc.

Comment

better be Gamma hunters, they're just so adorable

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                              better be Gamma hunters, they're just so adorable
                              i second that
                              It would make sense with the ship scenario's aquatic theme and all.

I wonder if the game will bring a return of poison status?

Comment

Working...
                              X