New Umbrella Chronicles and Bio 4 Wii Trailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Umbrella Chronicles and Bio 4 Wii Trailers

Capcom have released a second trailer on the official Umbrella Chronicles website. A direct link is available here and a link to the main page is here. Its also worth noting that the website is now open. The trailer shows heavily destructible environments as well as some of the past characters in the games.

Biohazard 4 Wii also has a new trailer which you can view on the official site here. Its super cheezy and features the voice actress for Ashley being kidnapped after faking enthusiasm for a man whos playing the game. She is actually kidnapped by Ganados and Bitore Mendez and its just..bad...lol. Give it a watch.

Source: Neogaf
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-13-2007, 06:26 AM.

Biohazard 4 Wii also has a new trailer
    That was the queerest promo stunt I have ever witnessed.
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

OMG you like get to live the game. Good God, that was terrible. Showing people act like idiots is becoming as annoying as adding "64" or "Super" to Nintendo titles in the past.

Comment

Oh lord. UC looks like it's going to suck. That crosshair just killed it for me.

Damn you to Hell Capcom ;_;
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

If I didn't know any better, I would've said that it looks like a light gun game Even if the wiimote is more accurate, it doesn't change that fact one bit.

Alas, I enjoyed the GS games to a certain degree so this can't be that bad. But after seeing RE4 like that, the Wii is certainly not a console for traditional genres. Can you imagine what a fighting game, or even Nintendo SSB series would play like on that thing? yeesh.

Comment

I enjoy the GS titles to a certain extent aswell, but i'm growing skeptical about the "on-rail" engine CAPCOM is using for UC.

Umbrella Chronicles is going to be extremely linear using the "on-rail" engine; it's already frightening to even think of playing it again after it gets beaten.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Well, many "on rail" games have offered quite a lot of freedom.

Everything from simple event changes triggered by fulfilling certain subtasks, to level path selection and full stage order selection.

To take a few samples;

Several arcade gun games let's you choose between paths at some point,
              Kinda like with Gun Survivor and the selection of a door at the beginning.

StarFox 64 (Lylat Wars for the EU/AU people) is an on rails space shooter, but still is a good sample of both the subtasks and the level path selection and the stage order system.

-You can do specific things during a level to trigger minor and larger things. (destroying specific seemingly non-important targets makes enemies/things happen later)
              -Sometimes, doing a specific chain of sub-events or fulfilling a larger subevent can allow you to stray off to another path and go to a different level than the normal one.
              -After beating a level, you'll often get the choice of what path you shall take next in your flight towards the planet Venom.

Hopefully, Umbrella Chronicles will feature this + what creates the best replay value in StarFox 64, the kill count score + tricks to get it higher than just the normal "gun them down, one by one" (use surroundings, multiple kills in one shot, etc..) and the hunt for the "perfect path" of subevents and level/path selection.

Comment

Working...
              X