Forum Skins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Skins

I've added a couple of forum skins which should appeal to most folks here. I have attempted to re-create our old one but its simply impossible with the way Vbulletin 4 is setup. We can no longer use images in place of certain colors, so that removes a lot of what made the old skin unique. I have a good white skin, a nice "desert" style darker skin, and a black skin currently installed. You can change these at the very bottom left of every page on the forum or your user CP. I'm still looking for a good black/dark one that matches the old site as close as possible. If anyone finds one thats compatible with VB4, link it here and I'll consider installing it.

I'm currently using Bitten Fruid Fluid, which is a very nice white skin. So if you had gotten used to using our old white one, that'll probably be your go-to skin.

Edit: I just added the "lightweight" skin, which will be used for mobile devices and such. It should auto detect and apply that when you browse the boards. If not, its always selectable as your skin manually.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-25-2011, 12:54 AM.

Thank you for adding some much requested new ones for us all, Dot50Cal! It just seems like they are all basic catch-all skins and none of them really stand out and really say "this is THIA", or am I the only one who feels that way?
    Last edited by Ununoctium; 10-25-2011, 09:35 AM.
    Fission mailed.

Comment

@Ununoctium

They're not meant to be "stand out" skins, the forum has only just been updated so these are in place for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
        http://www.talktemplate.com/content....in#new_comment

@Ununoctium

They're not meant to be "stand out" skins, the forum has only just been updated so these are in place for the time being.
        Yes, I'm aware of that. Just trying to provide a little feedback.
        Fission mailed.

Comment

Like Dot's said, if you can find anything which you think would work better, provide links and he can look into installing them. I'm trawling the net looking for some at the moment.

Comment

I'm really liking the white one, "Bitten Fruit Fluid". It'd be awesome to modify it with an Umbrella Corp theme!
            sigpic

Comment

Kinda like the BP-Brown one, actually. Kinda makes me think of a low graphic version of the old theme.

Comment

I'm on BP Brown too. I'm very set in my ways.

Comment

Wow, BP-Brown gave me some nostalgia! It reminds me of an old gaming forum I used to visit back in the day.

But I have to say that browsing threads seems hard on the eyes with this forum upgrade (regardless of skin change), hope this is customizable (I would be surprised if it isn't). Also I can't say I like the hovering effect between threads, the threads seem more like links which is silly.
                  Last edited by Trent; 10-25-2011, 01:55 PM.
                  Freedom of Information.

Comment

Tell you the truth, I'm quite comfortable with BlackStealth. It's like the old scheme, but with a modern look. Problem it causes issues when browsing via 3DS, but I can live with that...

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                      Tell you the truth, I'm quite comfortable with BlackStealth. It's like the old scheme, but with a modern look. Problem it causes issues when browsing via 3DS, but I can live with that...
                      Switch to 'Lightwieght' when on mobile devices. It's barebones, but it loads really fast and is super easy to read.
                      sigpic

Comment

Problem is that it's a bitch to change it back from Lightweight. At least with Chrome, the skin changer doesn't work.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

ahh shit I am stuck on the Mobil style... I can't change it!!!

Comment

Try this link, go to default skin and change it to another skin, that's how I did it.

Comment

You know, I'm surprised how few VB4 skins there are. I'll have another look later, but considering it's been out for nearly 2 years, you'd think there'd be more.

Comment

Working...
                              X