Hands on Umbrella Chronicles and RE4 Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands on Umbrella Chronicles and RE4 Wii

IGN has posted their impressions from playing a demo of Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii. You can check it out here.

They also have a new gameplay video which you can check out here.

Wired also has their impressions up here. 1UP has a video here and their impressions here. Gamespy has their up here. Finally Gamespot has their impressions here and a video here.

Now to the RE4 Wii Side, Gamespot has a hands on here and a trailer, interview, and a gameplay movie here.
    When I have time to digest them all I'll get bullet points going of all the important news bits. Thanks to NeoGAF for this one!
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-14-2007, 12:22 AM.

Well that's cool! I can't wait!

Comment

1 question, at the end when there fighting yawn, why the hell does jill sound like a cocky man when she says " i bet its' mouth isnt as tough."

Comment

The shots and videos look good, and the game looks like fun, but I have to throw this out there: why is Capcom going the rail shooter route? This hasn't done well in the past, so why explore it yet again? In the light gun series' defense, I haven't even played one, so they might be a lot of fun. My comments are based on how the games reviewed, and I understand that kind of thing can be taken with a grain of salt. I'm looking forward to UC, but I hope it's a game with actual substance and has not so much of an "arcadey" feel to it.

Looking forward to the Wii port of RE4, even if it is a gouge for more dough.
        Last edited by SlyBeast; 04-18-2007, 09:08 AM.

Comment

While I can't say RE: UC is really taking RE to a new level, I do believe this could be a very important turning point for the on rails shooter genre. If this is successful, we may see some compilations of Time Crisis or House of the Dead on Wii. Hell, we may even see a port of HotD4 on Wii, though this is doubtful. Even though I wish Capcom introduced some ragdoll physics for the bodies, at least a basic engine considering all the clipping for dead enemies, I am anxiously awaiting UC.

I can't say the same for RE4 Wii, but I've stated my reasoning in other threads. ;)

Comment

"Man!ac - Now with a new look" (the magazine).

"Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles"
            -12pages exclusive
            Not sure how to that next line goes, but think it says;
            "This is how the Horror-shocker plays" (?) (Or is it "We've played the Horror-Shocker"?)
            -Plus: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
            -18min special on DVD

And in the lower right hand corner,
            "Resident Evil Total - History in moving pictures (?)" (A little "history wrap-up" on the DVD, or a referance to Umbrella Chronicles being on-rails?)

Yeah, my german isn't PERFECT, I know ;D
            So please do feel free to correct on anything.
            Last edited by Carnivol; 05-01-2007, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Trying to get the mag myself through a German friend now.

Comment

Wow nice work Did you manage to get the mag?

Comment

Excellent. However there seems to be conflicting reports. Wasn't it stated in another interview that the RE2 scenario was to be left out? Also, it worries me that their idea of what RE should be is an "infinite ammo," shoot everything in the room affair.

Here is hoping that extra 50% of new material doesn't royaly fuck up continuum. Also, the idea of going to an "Umbrella Stronghold" doesn't sit well with me. I can imagine a million ways that could go wrong.
                  Last edited by Krispy; 05-02-2007, 03:24 PM.

Comment

The translated UC interview is the only source claiming this and that's a mistranslation.
                    Guilty as charged, I never researched the claim.

Also, note that only standard handgun has infinite bullets, just like in Survivor.
                    Forgive me if that doesn't ease my mind .

The scans are very appreciated, I'm glad to see they aren't redoing his STARS outfit any. I never did like hi RE4 look though. Where do you suppose the leather jacket Wesker comes into play?

Edit: I went ahead and began cleaning up the scans. More to come as I work on them.

Edit 2: Updated the first image and added the second.

Edit 3: Last image fixed up and uploaded. God damn he looks badass. It looks like you cut off a part of him being cut off by an Umbrella image, could I see the rest of the picture please?

Wesker UC Render 1
                    Wesker UC Render 2
                    Wesker UC Render 3
                    Last edited by Krispy; 05-02-2007, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks for cleaning the pictures up. May I know which filter you used? Smart blur? I tried a few things but couldn't achieve any good results, so I uploaded the original scans.
                      I don't know much about still frame filtering so I ended up just running them through a noise reduction avisynth script and then touched them up in photoshop with a wacom tablet smoothing and readding details.

I got rid of the red by setting the stauration to zero and then colorizing the black and white image. Luckily most of his jacket is black and white anyways so it didn't take much.

I imagine this will be the best we can get until some strategy guide/art book renders or wallpapers become available

Also, next to Wesker the other page of the magazine begins (originally, this Wesker render from the article was horizontally flipped - I flipped it again to make it look like the cover which seems a lot more natural, somehow). It's really just the Umbrella logo they used as background. You can't even see it because there are information boxes for the characters and text everywhere. No biggie.
                      Ah, ok. Makes sense that it is flipped then.
                      Last edited by Krispy; 05-02-2007, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X