Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    #19 Crimson Head

Default RE Chronicles series ported to PS3 with Move support.

http://andriasang.com/comytj/

I was actually thinking about this while playing Dead Space Extraction yesterday lol.

I've expected this since Darkside Chronicle's launch tbh. Better late than never for some. But these games aren't particularly must have day one purchases.

The Emissary

Totally called it.

#19 Crimson Head

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    I've expected this since Darkside Chronicle's launch tbh. Better late than never for some. But these games aren't particularly must have day one purchases.
    True but iirc Sony requires extra content added to the PS3 port in case it happens. Honestly Capcom should simply remake Umbrella Chronicles to match Darkside's quality but we all know it won't happen.

#29 Birkin Type 1 Rancid Cheese's Avatar
    Scotland, where you wish you were from . . .

Also expect to pay full price with 5% improvement to framerate etc . . .
    Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 10-31-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Please be on disk, please be on disk!!!
    The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself.

An Old-Fashioned Cowboy Archelon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
    Totally called it.
    Dude, everyone called it.

And after the WiiU is launched they'll port to it as well.

An Old-Fashioned Cowboy Archelon's Avatar

After they port Resident Evil 5 and Operation: Raccoon City.

#48 Executioner

Alkar - the only thing that needs to be added for Sony to be happy is trophy support, and that's probably a given anyway. Capcom will probably throw in some online leaderboards like they've done with almost every other port too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rombie View Post
    Alkar - the only thing that needs to be added for Sony to be happy is trophy support, and that's probably a given anyway. Capcom will probably throw in some online leaderboards like they've done with almost every other port too.
    Well yes, that is a no-brainer to make said games warrant a purchase.

Yet Capcom needs to make sure that they have indeed found a way to work around the Move's lag. Cuz you really need fast & precise pointer controls with these games (especially with UC). I mean, trying to hit those 'sweet spots' on the top of the heads of every zombie was hard on the Wii. Even if said device had the best way (so far) to deal with a cursor on screen that you could move fast and stuff.

Like I said on the other thread, I really hope that they recreate the whole RE3 scenario with new textures and polys.

EDIT: And it wouldn't hurt sales if they added back all the dialogues that Richard Waugh recorded originally for UC. Before D.C. Douglas replaced him
    Last edited by Pikminister; 10-31-2011 at 04:28 PM.

The Zombie Genocider Beanovsky Durst's Avatar

I hope this has regular controller support. I'm really not into Move. But I like collecting RE games. Decisions.

Oh and Pikminister, you're asking too much. Remember, it's a Capcom port. You're going to get the games as they are, upscaled.
    "I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

#19 Crimson Head

Well they haven't announced a release date yet and no screens have been released so I'm still hopeful that something good will happen to Umbrella Chronicles.
    This hope is incredibly small though.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
    Oh and Pikminister, you're asking too much. Remember, it's a Capcom port. You're going to get the games as they are, upscaled.
    Yeah, you're right.

Capcom saw that the Revival Selection sold enough with the fan base that they probably went "Hey, they actually went for it! The hackjob we made. They bought it. Alrighty, lets give 'em MOAR of the samey same HD crap!". Thus why they will try to push another bunch of lazy "HD remasters" our way.

As long as they eventually release the REmake for non-Nintendo consoles, I'm okay with it.... cuz the REmake just has to be the one next in line. With releasing ports that is.

Banned

If they dont port Remake they deserved to be kneecapped....all fucking day long.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonElder View Post
    If they dont port Remake they deserved to be kneecapped....all fucking day long.
    and Zero

Cunt Agent

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonElder View Post
    No? The backgrounds in the remake and BH0 are all pre-rendered at a small 4:3 resolution. They would look fucked up on a HDTV... and in general.

Unless they converted both games into fully 3D material (like how the backgrounds were made 3D for Umbrella Chronicles), but that would be too much work.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

The Zombie Genocider Beanovsky Durst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by News Bot View Post
    No? The backgrounds in the remake and BH0 are all pre-rendered at a small 4:3 resolution. They would look fucked up on a HDTV... and in general.

Unless they converted both games into fully 3D material (like how the backgrounds were made 3D for Umbrella Chronicles), but that would be too much work.
    Yup, and that would be techincally a complete new remake. They can add black bars on both sides to keep the aspect ratio though with upscaled BG. Would look like shit, but at least it could be done.
    "I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Banned

I got a ps3 and im not excited about this at all .... They arent really good games i hate the gameplay....instead they should give us outbreak file 1 and 2 for the psn
    with Multiplayer of course.

They'd rather release the Chronicles games than Outbreak?

Another hammer blow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information