Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE Chronicles series ported to PS3 with Move support.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
    If they dont port Remake they deserved to be kneecapped....all fucking day long.
    and Zero
    PSN Gamercards

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
      If they dont port Remake they deserved to be kneecapped....all fucking day long.
      No? The backgrounds in the remake and BH0 are all pre-rendered at a small 4:3 resolution. They would look fucked up on a HDTV... and in general.

Unless they converted both games into fully 3D material (like how the backgrounds were made 3D for Umbrella Chronicles), but that would be too much work.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
        No? The backgrounds in the remake and BH0 are all pre-rendered at a small 4:3 resolution. They would look fucked up on a HDTV... and in general.

Unless they converted both games into fully 3D material (like how the backgrounds were made 3D for Umbrella Chronicles), but that would be too much work.
        Yup, and that would be techincally a complete new remake. They can add black bars on both sides to keep the aspect ratio though with upscaled BG. Would look like shit, but at least it could be done.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I got a ps3 and im not excited about this at all .... They arent really good games i hate the gameplay....instead they should give us outbreak file 1 and 2 for the psn
          with Multiplayer of course.

Comment

They'd rather release the Chronicles games than Outbreak?

Another hammer blow.

Comment

Chronicles are easier to port over, I suspect.

Comment

Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                  EDIT: And it wouldn't hurt sales if they added back all the dialogues that Richard Waugh recorded originally for UC. Before D.C. Douglas replaced him
                  He never recorded anything for UC. I think in the interview that Smiley did some months ago he said it was an error.

And yes, we all saw this coming sooner or later. The RE3 scenario in UC needs a remake asap, it's a travesty. But, sadly it won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                    They'd rather release the Chronicles games than Outbreak?

Another hammer blow.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	jesus-fuck-finger.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	400649

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post

The backgrounds start as fully 3D enviroments and don't need to be converted. The pre-renders are basically screen grabs of those. That's why they could use them in Chronicles because they just took the already existing 3D data created for the background grabs and put that in the game. The game could be done in HD with the same pre-renders retaken at a higher resolution. Given Capcom's track record though, I somehow can't see anything like that happening.

Comment

I remember reading for the second God of War Collection (PSP ports) the team decided the FMVs looked so crap when upscaled that they would just remake them entirely. Shame no other HD ports, from Capcom or anyone have done the same.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

MGS HD Collection is. Peace Walker had a similar issue, since the artwork was drawn to fit the PSP frame. But then again the team behind the GoW HD set is handling MGS as well.

Comment

^ And the ICO/SotD collection as well of course, although how much work they needed to do on that I'm unsure of as I've yet to try the HD editions.

There are some other companies out there doing the hard yards. The Oddworld Inhabitants team have been doing simular for their HD version of their titles. Here is some internal comparions for Oddworld Strangers Wrath in HD up on Facebook (you can see them without needing an account):

Also recently MDK2 was re-released to PC in HD support, also properly upgraded with new models, textures, and everything. Telltale helped do HD versions of two LucasArts Monkey Island titles, which allowed you to switch between the original graphics and updated artwork. And of course 343's current work on the Halo Anniversary which also has the ability to switch as well. Shame these sorts of things are in the minority at this stage.
                            Last edited by Rombie; 11-01-2011, 11:34 PM.

Comment

The FMV sequences in the Splinter Cell HD Trilogy looked atrocious.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                                He never recorded anything for UC. I think in the interview that Smiley did some months ago he said it was an error.
                                I didn't even knew that interview was made. I had only read the previous one from Zentendo where he claimed to have recorded stuff for UC and that he had heard that the actor that replaced him tried to sound like him.

But he admits that he doesn't even follow the franchise at all. So he probably doesn't have a clue what is what in the series.
                                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X