Resident Evil Chronicles HD Selection For PS3 Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Chronicles HD Selection For PS3 Announced

Yes, both RE Umbrella Chronicles and RE Darkside Chronicles for the Wii will be ported over to the PS3. Besides being remastered in HD, the games will support PS move, and will be bundled up as a single title.

Currently it is announced only for Jpn release.

Biohazard Chronicles HD
    Last edited by xfactor; 10-31-2011, 08:30 AM.

Yes!!
    Spoiler:

Comment

Wow, I say keep the ports coming. Remake and Zero next please :-)

Comment

Wow i always wished that and now it happened , same as what happened with CV and RE4 Oh Please Another wish is remake and Zero Since h\i havent played them
        Oh BTW biohazard france posted some pics here http://www.biohazardfrance.net/NEWS_....10.31/001.jpg
        Last edited by Mrox2; 10-31-2011, 06:54 AM.
        Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
        ^ Lol ...

Comment

Holy crap this is awesome!! Yes Capcom Yes!!

Comment

Eh, it's not as these two were very good to begin with. HDing the graphics isn't going to make up for the mess they are. Still, it's nice to see Capcom keeping the tradition of port everything alive and well.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              Eh, it's not as these two were very good to begin with. HDing the graphics isn't going to make up for the mess they are. Still, it's nice to see Capcom keeping the tradition of port everything alive and well.
              Darkside is a solid title imo. Umbrella would need more work but considering the previous RE HD ports they'll do the bare minimum again.
              Maybe they'll add some extra stages/content considering these aren't last gen. titles.

Comment

I wouldn't hold your breath, Dead Space: Extraction got no extra features. They even removed the bonus art material that was included in the Wii version. Granted, I got it for free with my copy of Dead Space 2 so I'm not complaining. I expect that Capcom will list trophies as being a 'bonus feature', even though they're pretty much standard by now. On the plus side, I never got to play Darkside Chronicles and I wouldn't mind going through UC again. At least my Move will start getting some use, it's been sitting on my shelf gathering dust since I finished Killzone 3.
                See you in hell.

Comment

Well at least those who didnt play them , now will be able to play darkside and umbrella chronicles and see how bad they are and how nice , only thing i like , is how they remade characters like claire , sherry , annete , and how they Used Claire A/ Leon B together in one scenario , will i still prefer the orginal scenario , However I Hate the changes they made to CVC scenario , and to RE3 scenario (WTF TOO SHORT !)
                  Nemesis sounds like a robot (and he looks stupif too lol) They story got fucked up , but we should have expected this , cuz its just a rail gun shooting game , (Except How they changed CV Alexia , and Operations Javier since its new ) ....
                  Last edited by Mrox2; 10-31-2011, 09:33 AM.
                  Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                  ^ Lol ...

Comment

Give me higher resolution FMVs and I will be happy. That is literally the only thing that is even remotely worth anything for me.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                      Well personally I loved Umbrella Chronicles, the camera in Darkside really turned me off though.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I'm surprised it took them this long to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                          I'm surprised it took them this long to do this.
                          Its was probably because Capcom needed to make these games work properly with the Move. That's why it probably took them this long.

The Move is a bit laggy with cursor-based games, especially with ones that require you to be very fast & precise, such as the Chronicle games. The Move is not so hot with pointer controls as it is with motion controls (there is an actual difference between the two).

I mean, even with the Wii and having almost no lag, it was a bitch to get those headshots and moving the pointer fast to the "sweet spot" on each enemy. If you ever wanted to unlock stuff in these games, you had to be very precise.

Now lets see if they actually do actual HD versions of these games. I would especially love to see how they re-create the RE3 stages. Since they really went lazy with 'em on the Wii version. Recycling elements from Outbreak and whatnot.
                          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                            I wouldn't hold your breath, Dead Space: Extraction got no extra features. They even removed the bonus art material that was included in the Wii version. Granted, I got it for free with my copy of Dead Space 2 so I'm not complaining. I expect that Capcom will list trophies as being a 'bonus feature', even though they're pretty much standard by now. On the plus side, I never got to play Darkside Chronicles and I wouldn't mind going through UC again. At least my Move will start getting some use, it's been sitting on my shelf gathering dust since I finished Killzone 3.
                            Extraction was also bundled with Dead Space 2 so it isn't exactly the same thing. Considering Capcom is adding content in the DMC collection I don't see why they shouldn't with these two games. At the very least they could remake the RE3 stages and add a couple chapters to Code Veronica.
                            They don't even have to come up with trophies for Darkside lol.
                            But this is Capcom and we all know how much they care about their RE ports.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                              Now lets see if they actually do actual HD versions of these games. I would especially love to see how they re-create the RE3 stages. Since they really went lazy with 'em on the Wii version. Recycling elements from Outbreak and whatnot.
                              Don't count on it. Based on the HD versions of CVX and RE4, I can almost guarantee that these will be straight-up ports with upscaled graphics only during gameplay (I doubt they'd redo the cutscenes in HD, at least for Darkside). They probably won't even fix the numerous typos in Darkside, or Jill randomly responding to questions never asked ("I think so, too") in Umbrella. As for the RE3 stages, I'm certain that they will remain their same, cheap selves.
                              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Working...
                              X