Resident Evil Chronicles HD Selection For PS3 Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alkar View Post
    Extraction was also bundled with Dead Space 2 so it isn't exactly the same thing. Considering Capcom is adding content in the DMC collection I don't see why they shouldn't with these two games. At the very least they could remake the RE3 stages and add a couple chapters to Code Veronica.
    They don't even have to come up with trophies for Darkside lol.
    But this is Capcom and we all know how much they care about their RE ports.
    It was only bundled with the Limited Edition of Dead Space 2, otherwise it was available separately on the PlayStation Store. So yes, it is the same thing. You honestly think that Capcom will put in the effort to add what you're suggesting? Incredibly naive of you. Capcom have always done the least amount of work for the most amount of profit. I thought we learned our lesson from RE4 HD?
    See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
      Don't count on it. Based on the HD versions of CVX and RE4, I can almost guarantee that these will be straight-up ports with upscaled graphics only during gameplay (I doubt they'd redo the cutscenes in HD, at least for Darkside). They probably won't even fix the numerous typos in Darkside, or Jill randomly responding to questions never asked ("I think so, too") in Umbrella. As for the RE3 stages, I'm certain that they will remain their same, cheap selves.
      CVX HD had upscaled graphics, coloring and lighting during gameplay AND cutscenes. But of course I'm not speaking in defense of UC/DC ports, just simply pointing it out. I can care less for the UC/DC.

What we do need however, are upscaled ports for RE0/REmake. The chances of that however, are slim to impossible, unless Capcom trips over its own wealth of green paper and just want more, then yes, we can tour the Marcus facility and the Spencer Mansion remade in PS3 upscaled graphics.

Comment

you should be able to use the regular controls right? I don't have the move controllers...

Comment

Originally posted by Stars_g36 View Post
          you should be able to use the regular controls right? I don't have the move controllers...
          I'm pretty sure you will, like Dead Space: Extraction...but I doubt it will be as fun without motion controls for being a on-rails shooter, though.

Comment

I've played PS3's Extraction at a friends house with regular controllers and it wasn't that bad.
            All that matters is how responsive the analog is with the reticle.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I prefered Extraction with a controller, twisting your wrist at an angle for secondary fire gets annoying after the first shot and waving hands back and forth about like a spaz to melee wasn't much cop either, especially since when you do that on any Move game it decalibrates the reticle.
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Guncon3 support please!

Am I the only one who has one of those...?
                sigpic

Comment

I've just realised something, the PlayStation Move has made the GunCon 3 obsolete. No-one will use that now. Especially since that Sony brought out a shooter attachment.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

Guncon. <3
                    That's an absolute shame that never even crossed my mind...
                    Didn't they add Move support to Time Crisis 4 aswell?
                    So there really isn't any use of it anymore...

Comment

Wish Capcom would show the XBox more love

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                        Wish Capcom would show the XBox more love
                        Careful now, Capcom were practically fisting Microsoft a few years back. They couldn't get enough of the 360.

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                        Guncon. <3
                        That's an absolute shame that never even crossed my mind...
                        Didn't they add Move support to Time Crisis 4 aswell?
                        So there really isn't any use of it anymore...
                        They added Move support to Time Crisis: Razing Storm, which came with an 'Arcade Edition' of Time Crisis 4. I don't think they bothered with the original release. Just goes to show that the GunCon 3 has no use any more, it's been made obsolete. But seriously, why would you even want to play TC4 to begin with? Such a shit game. Play TC2 instead.

Christ, Razing Storm. I'm glad I traded that in as soon as I bought it, one of the worst purchases I've ever made since picking up Black Ops. Thankfully both were traded in long ago. The only decent part of Razing Storm was Deadstorm Pirates, that was pretty fun. If any of you are considering picking up Razing Storm, don't bother. Just pick up Deadstorm Pirates from the PSN instead.

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                        I prefered Extraction with a controller, twisting your wrist at an angle for secondary fire gets annoying after the first shot and waving hands back and forth about like a spaz to melee wasn't much cop either, especially since when you do that on any Move game it decalibrates the reticle.
                        I didn't mind the twisting of the wrist to reload, I simply found the controller to be less responsive when you need to react quicker. Maybe it's the bad memories of trying TC3 with a controller coming back to haunt me, but I really wasn't a fan of the controller at all. Besides, I've got a Move whether I wanted it or not, and I'm going to get use out of the damn thing.

If I can be arsed to rent Resistance 3, chances are I'll have a run through with the Move controller. See how it plays out.
                        Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 11-03-2011, 10:37 AM.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                          Careful now, Capcom were practically fisting Microsoft a few years back. They couldn't get enough of the 360.
                          I'm sure Inafune had something to do with it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Razing storm is pretty good with a Guncon. I can't speak for playing with Move, as I don't have one.

Guncon3 will probably have no more games. I heard that there are no more plans for any since the PS3 models were redone the first time (not the slims) - where they removed 2 USB ports. The gun plugs into a USB, as does the LED sensors. So to play 2 player you need 3 ports (which only initial PS3s have). I heard this is the reason no more Guncon3 games were developed. And then since the Move Sony are pushing that. So really it's just TC4 and Razing Storm that use it, and will ever use it
                            sigpic

Comment

Razing Storm was such a shit game though, there's no denying that fact.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

Haven't played it much. Or Dead Storm pirates. It's certainly no TC2 though - which is probably the pinnacle of light gun games IMO
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X