RE Operations Raccoon City & RE Revelations Gamers Day 2011 Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE Operations Raccoon City & RE Revelations Gamers Day 2011 Update

The media for RE Operations Raccoon City and Revelations has been distributed.

For Resident Evil Revelations, the main showcase is the "Raid Mode". According to the press release, "Raid Mode will offer players a different kind of experience separate to the main campaign story in either solo or co-op play. Compete in a variety of missions to defeat enemies and level up your character and gain more powerful weapons. Earn points for the enemies you attack and select from a range of
    upgrades to improve your weapon’s performance." The press release says that you can compete "in single player or two player co-op as Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield", but the trailer seems to suggest that Parker is playable too. Perhaps Parker is only limited to single player mode?

Keith Lumley is also confirmed to be a playable character. The game will also have voice over in 5 different European languages.

You can view the screenshots at the link below which spoils you on some new enemies.
    RE Revelations Screenshots
    Trailer(Official Site)
    "Raid Mode" Trailer(Official Site)

On the Operation Raccoon City side, they showcases several returning faces, including G-Birkin, Hunk, Nicholai and Licker, dogs and Hunter. The new artworks suggest that you will be accessing an Umbrella laboratory in the game.
    RE Operations Raccoon City Screenshots
    Trailer (Official Site)
    Story Interview
    10 mins Gameplay Video

Thanks to rehunk88, LeigiBoy, Dark_Chris, Biohazard 1995 and biohazardfrance.
    Last edited by xfactor; 11-01-2011, 07:37 PM.

the trailer is here

Comment

Pointless changing of the U.B.C.S. logo and giving Nicholai random scars. Ugh.

REV Hunters look... interesting? Oh, and...

Last edited by News Bot; 10-31-2011, 11:47 AM.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

HUNK and Nicholai always badasses. I'm liking this game so far but why they have to screw with the canon so much? If they left Leon, Claire, Nemesis and probaly Jill out of this, it'd be much better in my opinion.

Comment

Gotta admit, that trailer was pretty awesome. Love seeing Leon and Claire working together again, though I'm still disappointed that Mercier isn't reprising his role.

Makes me more worried he won't be back for Damnation.

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
            HUNK and Nicholai always badasses. I'm liking this game so far but why they have to screw with the canon so much? If they left Leon, Claire, Nemesis and probaly Jill out of this, it'd be much better in my opinion.
            It's a gaiden. Alternative universe, alternative timeline. I suspect that literally only background details and perhaps files (if they include them in this game) will actually be even slightly relevant to the series canon. The rest is just a bunch of fodder.

It's just a "gritty reboot" of the Raccoon City games, really.

Comment

Revelatiosn Trailer:
              IGN’s home for the latest game trailers, including new gameplay, cinematics, announcements, and reveals. Subscribe to stay up to date and get notified when new trailers arrive, that includes during events like Nintendo Directs, Sony State of Plays, E3, The Game Awards, Gamescom, and more. Check out our playlists for trailers coming to your preferred gaming platforms like PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. For more content, visit IGN.com or check out our other channels: IGN - https://www.youtube.com/IGN IGN Games - https://www.youtube.com/IGNGames IGN Guides - https://www.youtube.com/c/IGNGuides IGN VR - https://www.youtube.com/IGNVR IGN Movie Trailers - https://www.youtube.com/IGNMovieTrailers This is only a small taste of the videos and content available from IGN. Get more, visit http://www.ign.com

gameplay:
              http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ra...nt-evil/723318

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                It's a gaiden. Alternative universe, alternative timeline. I suspect that literally only background details and perhaps files (if they include them in this game) will actually be even slightly relevant to the series canon. The rest is just a bunch of fodder.

It's just a "gritty reboot" of the Raccoon City games, really.
                I know, I know. But I kind of wanted the game to be canon, I like the Wolfpack guys and I like the concept of showing the Umbrella side of the Raccoon infection. I hope there'll be at least something to be added to the games canon.

Comment

News Bot: Be prepare Capcom can easily say ORC is canon and in RE2 and RE3 they just couldn't told everything due hardware limits at the time or some other bullshit. (Same thing as with REmake and Lisa). Actually I still have hope for some "canon way" how to play ORC.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Nemesis with a minigun?... Oh jesus christ.

Comment

Well Nemi can use rocket luncher so why not minigun?! And yes I know it's heavily inspirated from RE movies, but still it's believable.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Oh my god, Slant Six, you stupid motherfuckers.

The "T02" shit actually was real after all. Real professional, using shit from fake Chinese guidebooks and the Resident Evil Wiki.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                          Well Nemi can use rocket luncher so why not minigun?! And yes I know it's heavily inspirated from RE movies, but still it's believable.
                          While not as bad as the god awful "terminator" vision, and I do agree with you there about why he couldn't use other weapons, its just annoying that they're incorporating movie elements. Why not just stick with the Rocket Launcher? He doesn't need a minigun. They're turning him more and more into a "terminator" and less of a "monster".

Comment

Next thing you know they'll get things from Gaiden and Wesker's Report.
                            Last edited by alexdz; 10-31-2011, 12:22 PM.

Comment

On the plus side, REV is looking great. We're able to see an actual B.O.W. attack on a city with Hunters leaping over cars and shit. Brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                              X