No announcement yet.

RE Operations Raccoon City & RE Revelations Gamers Day 2011 Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the video interview with producer of ORC here http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...&mode=previews does he just confirmed ORC is canon?! Hope not! Until now I couldn't care less about fucked up storyline in this game because it was pure spin off "what if" kind of game, but this changes everything....
    Last edited by Dark_Chris; 11-01-2011, 02:30 PM.
    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
      In the video interview with producer of ORC here http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...&mode=previews does he just confirmed ORC is canon?! Hope not! Until now I couldn't care less about fucked up storyline in this game because it was pure spin off "what if" kind of game, but this changes everything....
      They have said since day 1 it will fit into the canon if you want it to.

Keep up to date with the most recent Xbox One, Xbox 360 and old school Xbox news, reviews and feature articles.

"So this is an addition to the storyline, and there are some salacious details, some things that you didn't know happened that you'll find interesting, but we're not changing the storyline, we're working in with it."
      They are taking some liberties for sake of gameplay, but the original games did too.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
        Huh? No.
        He's simply saying that you can decide to let events unfold and they will follow the canon storyline of RE2/3 OR decide to change events (you kill Leon) which obviously isn't canon.
        It's like getting the worst endings in RE1: they aren't canon but you can change events during the game to make them happen.

Comment

Resident Evil Revelations is $50 Due to Larger Storage

"Resident Evil Revelations*is an all new*Resident Evil*title with over 20 hours of gameplay, and cutscenes beautifully rendered in fear-inducing 3D," a Capcom spokesperson told Kotaku. "A true console experience on a handheld device,*Resident Evil Revelations*is an epic title that offers both a single-player campaign for that classic survival horror gaming experience, and an additional RAID mode that can be played cooperatively or single player. To handle all of that data*Resident Evil Revelations*requires a 4GB cartridge, resulting in a higher price point."
          Last edited by PracticalAl; 11-01-2011, 08:02 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
            They have said since day 1 it will fit into the canon if you want it to.

Keep up to date with the most recent Xbox One, Xbox 360 and old school Xbox news, reviews and feature articles.

They are taking some liberties for sake of gameplay, but the original games did too.
            Minor details will be canon at best, such as the Raccoon City mayors and possibly "Operation Watchdog" which seems to just be the name for the duty of the Monitors to collect combat data from the U.B.C.S. Everything else is not canon, including the appearances of Wolfpack, Nemesis, Tyrant, Hunters, "SPEC OPS FIELD UNIT", HUNK, T02 and so on. Similar to the "historic summary" chapters in BHUC and BHDC. It's an alternative universe title like Gaiden and the drama albums. None of the events portrayed in the game are canonical at the moment unless it comes out and it turns out they aren't as ignorant as they appear and make it clear that the majority of the game is poppycock. The game does not even follow the basic plot-lines of BH2 and BH3 at its core, I don't see why people keep bringing up this excuse. The game is one big contradiction.

What I find kind of amusing is that Slant Six are too lazy to even look at Archives for information or follow even the most basic of details. Nemesis was created with a T-103, not a condemned man. Nicholai's code-name is Silver Wolf, not "Silver Fox". Among many other things. The whole game is a bizarre blend of the games and the movies. I wouldn't be surprised to see Alice or The Hive or the ability to blow Raccoon City up by overloading a nuclear reactor.
            Last edited by News Bot; 11-02-2011, 01:56 AM.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

As long as it isn't Anderson's "Bulrog" Alice, I'm ok. The character in RE1 movie wasn't that bad. Problem comes when she gets psychic powers and clones and whatever shit you can think off.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

The day Alice appears in any Resident Evil game is the day I walk away from this series and burn my entire collection.

I really hope there is a canon route through all this but I'm not hopeful. Already we've had many mistakes and contradictions. Even from the trailer, the scene in the trainyard with Leon and Claire ambushing Wolfpack. How can that scene possibly play out without some way disrupting the events of Resident Evil 2?

I'm assuming the City Hall level takes place on September 27th, as the UBCS are sent into the city on the evening of the 26th and we can see the time on the CCTV camera when Nicholai leaves his team for dead at 1:50AM. So we are not going to be hunting Leon down from the get-go at least.
                Last edited by TheBatMan; 11-02-2011, 07:08 AM.
                "I've got 100 cows."
                "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Do you honestly think that Slant Six give a shit about the events of RE2?
                  See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                    Do you honestly think that Slant Six give a shit about the events of RE2?
                    I would like to think so yes considering its most people's favourite Biohazard game and one of the best gaming sequels of all time.
                    "I've got 100 cows."
                    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Prepare yourselves for the disappointment.

See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                        Resident Evil Revelations is $50 Due to Larger Storage
                        http://www.destructoid.com/resident-...e-215003.phtml
                        That's actually what I was expecting to pay for it.

And looks like it will be worth every damn penny.
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

• "Ah, the virus! It is flowing through my veins!"

Comment

Working...
                          X