Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    #19 Crimson Head

I'm liking everything I see and hear in these new videos/interviews.
    I honestly don't care how messed up the story is because they were clear from the very beginning anyway.
    The game looks fun and it'll feature all the classic RE enemies and pretty much most of the fan favourites as well. Apparently there's something they haven't revealed yet and it involves playing as the main characters so if that means I can kick Nemesis' ass as Jill in HD I'm all for it.
    Hopefully we'll get more locations from the games, especially from RE3.
    I also doubt we'll be able to melee our way through the game. Try that with Hunters or Bosses and see how it goes.

Edit: I'm glad that Nemesis doesn't sound like a robot, guess they've learned their lesson with UC lol.
    And yeah, that female voice kinda sounds like Jill. I'm pretty sure she'll be in the game, it wouldn't make much sense to have Nemesis running around and no targets for him to kill.
    Last edited by Alkar; 11-01-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Banned

Revelations is Awesome !! You have once again entered the world of survival horror !! Finnally my fav RE line ever !! Reminds me of RE1 ;P , LOve it love it sooo much i should consider getting a 3ds !

About Operation Raccoon City , Story got messed up , Nemesis with a machine gun ?!?! AND T02 ?! , Vector can change his looks WTF ?? , THIS IS BAD !
    However it looks nice as a spinoff and i hope nothing in this game is canon , althrough i must admit that i liked the part where claire says "Hai There"
    Last edited by Mrox2; 11-01-2011 at 11:14 AM.

For British Eyes Only

Quote Originally Posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
    What's with the scene where the USS team encounters Nicholai? I love how the tone of the scene is that these USS cyborgs are actually more threatening than Nicholai! Vector: "Is this guy a loose end?" Lupo: "He's UBCS, he'll get himself killed." Haha, what a joke. Nicholai could have killed them all right there if he wished.
    I think that scene is more like the Wolfpack being cocky than making them look better than Nicholai, the last trailer gave an awesome moment for Nicholai so I don't think they'll put him down as weaker than the USS.

An Old-Fashioned Cowboy Archelon's Avatar

I find it oddly amusing how the soldiers disappear in a puff of smoke when you kill them.

Overly Old School

Guess having enemy corpses that have been infected get up and attack is too much effort.

Cunt Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Archelon View Post
    I find it oddly amusing how the soldiers disappear in a puff of smoke when you kill them.
    Melting would imply Plaga!
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Maybe the bodies will stay in the final version.

Banned

My opinion to ORC changes on a day to day basis. I'm currently in the mindset that if they just didn't make stupid mistakes (the T-02 thing irks me much like it does News Bot) then I would be properly looking forward to it.
    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

In the video interview with producer of ORC here http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...&mode=previews does he just confirmed ORC is canon?! Hope not! Until now I couldn't care less about fucked up storyline in this game because it was pure spin off "what if" kind of game, but this changes everything....
    Last edited by Dark_Chris; 11-01-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Chris View Post
    In the video interview with producer of ORC here http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...&mode=previews does he just confirmed ORC is canon?! Hope not! Until now I couldn't care less about fucked up storyline in this game because it was pure spin off "what if" kind of game, but this changes everything....
    They have said since day 1 it will fit into the canon if you want it to.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/27280/slant-six...vil-storyline/
    "So this is an addition to the storyline, and there are some salacious details, some things that you didn't know happened that you'll find interesting, but we're not changing the storyline, we're working in with it."
    They are taking some liberties for sake of gameplay, but the original games did too.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

#19 Crimson Head

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Chris View Post
    Huh? No.
    He's simply saying that you can decide to let events unfold and they will follow the canon storyline of RE2/3 OR decide to change events (you kill Leon) which obviously isn't canon.
    It's like getting the worst endings in RE1: they aren't canon but you can change events during the game to make them happen.

Resident Evil Revelations is $50 Due to Larger Storage
    http://www.destructoid.com/resident-...e-215003.phtml

"Resident Evil Revelations*is an all new*Resident Evil*title with over 20 hours of gameplay, and cutscenes beautifully rendered in fear-inducing 3D," a Capcom spokesperson told Kotaku. "A true console experience on a handheld device,*Resident Evil Revelations*is an epic title that offers both a single-player campaign for that classic survival horror gaming experience, and an additional RAID mode that can be played cooperatively or single player. To handle all of that data*Resident Evil Revelations*requires a 4GB cartridge, resulting in a higher price point."
    Last edited by PracticalAl; 11-01-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Cunt Agent

Quote Originally Posted by KylieDog View Post
    They have said since day 1 it will fit into the canon if you want it to.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/27280/slant-six...vil-storyline/

They are taking some liberties for sake of gameplay, but the original games did too.
    Minor details will be canon at best, such as the Raccoon City mayors and possibly "Operation Watchdog" which seems to just be the name for the duty of the Monitors to collect combat data from the U.B.C.S. Everything else is not canon, including the appearances of Wolfpack, Nemesis, Tyrant, Hunters, "SPEC OPS FIELD UNIT", HUNK, T02 and so on. Similar to the "historic summary" chapters in BHUC and BHDC. It's an alternative universe title like Gaiden and the drama albums. None of the events portrayed in the game are canonical at the moment unless it comes out and it turns out they aren't as ignorant as they appear and make it clear that the majority of the game is poppycock. The game does not even follow the basic plot-lines of BH2 and BH3 at its core, I don't see why people keep bringing up this excuse. The game is one big contradiction.

What I find kind of amusing is that Slant Six are too lazy to even look at Archives for information or follow even the most basic of details. Nemesis was created with a T-103, not a condemned man. Nicholai's code-name is Silver Wolf, not "Silver Fox". Among many other things. The whole game is a bizarre blend of the games and the movies. I wouldn't be surprised to see Alice or The Hive or the ability to blow Raccoon City up by overloading a nuclear reactor.
    Last edited by News Bot; 11-02-2011 at 01:56 AM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

The Zombie Genocider Beanovsky Durst's Avatar

As long as it isn't Anderson's "Bulrog" Alice, I'm ok. The character in RE1 movie wasn't that bad. Problem comes when she gets psychic powers and clones and whatever shit you can think off.
    "I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

#29 Birkin Type 1

The day Alice appears in any Resident Evil game is the day I walk away from this series and burn my entire collection.

I really hope there is a canon route through all this but I'm not hopeful. Already we've had many mistakes and contradictions. Even from the trailer, the scene in the trainyard with Leon and Claire ambushing Wolfpack. How can that scene possibly play out without some way disrupting the events of Resident Evil 2?

I'm assuming the City Hall level takes place on September 27th, as the UBCS are sent into the city on the evening of the 26th and we can see the time on the CCTV camera when Nicholai leaves his team for dead at 1:50AM. So we are not going to be hunting Leon down from the get-go at least.
    Last edited by TheBatMan; 11-02-2011 at 07:08 AM.

The Emissary

Do you honestly think that Slant Six give a shit about the events of RE2?

#29 Birkin Type 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
    Do you honestly think that Slant Six give a shit about the events of RE2?
    I would like to think so yes considering its most people's favourite Biohazard game and one of the best gaming sequels of all time.

The Emissary

Prepare yourselves for the disappointment.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information