No announcement yet.

RE Operations Raccoon City & RE Revelations Gamers Day 2011 Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow i didnt noticed at first but you can hear Nemesis say STARS on the trailer.

Comment

I knew they wouldent dissapoint with operation racoon city and this trailer just confirmed it for me :3
      i never had doubt in this game
      now im just glad its been confirmed ..that its gonna be a pretty awesome game.

and the 10 min gameplay ... FINALLY new area but sadly .. very dark video
      Last edited by rehunk88; 10-31-2011, 09:12 PM.

Comment

As long as Alice doesn't show up, nothing will stop me from buying ORC, nothing. I just want to be back in Raccoon.

....now there is a thought...at least you could decide her characters fate like everyone else

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
          Steve was a 17 year old kid, locked up on a prison with no idea where his parents are, the father who happens to have turned into a zombie and killed by his own son(Steve)'s hands.

It was bad yes, but believable and nothing over the top. Sometimes I think people just get on the bandwagon to bash something without even knowing what they're talking about.

Those scenes were MEANT to be that way, to show his character and personality progression throughout the game. Look at him, a whiny little kid in the beginning, and a serious-toned , almost a man, by the end of the game at his death scene, where he accepts the situation, admits he was wrong about people helping others in reference to Chris coming to save them, and simply tells Claire he loves her, nothing over the top, nothing over romantic, done and done.
          You think giving me his characterization and progression in the plot is going to ignore the fact that you still say it was bad? Then you come in with the old "bash without knowing" bit when you're guilty of the exact same thing.

Let's just say the balance between being silly and being serious was all over the place.
          Last edited by Smiley; 10-31-2011, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
            You think giving me his characterization and progression in the plot is going to ignore the fact that you still say it was bad? Then you come in with the old "bash without knowing" bit when you're guilty of the exact same thing.

Let's just say the balance between being silly and being serious was all over the place.
            I'm not just giving that, I'm giving the "it was done on purpose", which is clearly not the case with ORC here for example. Bad dialogue is one thing, but intended bad dialogue for eventual character progress is something different.

Comment

Clearly not the case? It's forced and melodramatic for the game OR it's clearly not done on purpose. I swear it's as if you guys don't know what you're upset about. You still say it's bad. It doesn't matter what their intent was, they failed to get it across to some of you obviously. And you can make excuses that it happens to limited characters or try to say it was bad on purpose. The point still is that it is what it is at the end of the day. And very few RE games got away with a solid script. Regardless if you believe "_____" was intentional and the other was not.
              Last edited by Smiley; 10-31-2011, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Whether if it's intentional or not is what really matters; end of the day wouldn't cut justice to intention, considering they MEANT to do it that way.

Take RE4 for example, they tried to make Leon a badass/cocky with the dialogues they gave him, they came out terrible. Steve's, while terrible too, were not overdone and didnt seem out of place considering it was done on purpose and fit his character perfectly.

Heck, Irving in RE5 didn't look as bad, because, again, his character was shown through his dialogues. You can't make someone extremely serious and constant and at the same time have his bio saying he's an absurd, ccrazed maniac (or apply Irving's character to Chris for example).

Comment

And yet you still say it's bad. And you also go one step further bringing RE4 into the equation. A game that is beyond terrible as a plot, but regardless enjoyed by many for its camp. You might hate the dialogue Leon had, but when it came to voice acting I already see people missing Paul Mercier's absence in this title. You see, there are films that are so bad they are good. And films like Evil Dead that know they are campy and embracing it AND are loved by many for having fun with its shlock. You can argue Grindhouse as pretentious, and frankly I'd still kick your arse out the door.

Comment

I want to know who is "writing" this game. Having Slant Six write it was a big mistake.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

In the end you can still push the blame upstairs. Capcom should have the final say in what is included in the game. But I thought we were past the part of believing they care? Since you're really bound by their content I know you're going to have a field day breaking apart the pieces of ORC. Meanwhile whether the game turns out good or bad I'm still going to kick back and take it for what it is knowing full well this is a departure in the series, but not for its "pretentious" dialogue.

Comment

I don't have any qualms with it as a game, it has potential to be fun.

Also the series development team are all Japanese and none are bilingual. I'm sure the language barrier is posing some problems.
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                          And yet you still say it's bad. And you also go one step further bringing RE4 into the equation. A game that is beyond terrible as a plot, but regardless enjoyed by many for its camp. You might hate the dialogue Leon had, but when it came to voice acting I already see people missing Paul Mercier's absence in this title. You see, there are films that are so bad they are good. And films like Evil Dead that know they are campy and embracing it AND are loved by many for having fun with its shlock. You can argue Grindhouse as pretentious, and frankly I'd still kick your arse out the door.
                          No, I'm calling it bad stand-alone, but not when in the scope of reason. RE4, and now ORC, has no reason, their dialogues were just awful(RE4), and seemingly for ORC. Just for the record, I can care less about the cringy dialogues, I've owned and played every single Resident Evil, and have RE4 as one of my favorites even.

That's the difference between the dialogues of Steve being awful and the dialogues of RE4 Leon/what we heard thus far in ORC. As stand-alone dialogues, they are all awful yes (if one were to just hear mp3 versions with no knowledge of the series), but when in the scope of reason, Steve's dialogues can never be in the league of the other aforementioned ones.

And I know we can all agree on RE1...

(yes I'm buying ORC, the gameplay and potential canon story both look fun and interesting).

Comment

I dont see how this could be a problem ??... really
                            no matter who wrote it .. it has to go through capcoms office ... so in the end its capcom who pulls the strings
                            resident evil is there baby after all .. and they are willing to give other companys a chance because they belive in them...
                            and from what i have seen from trailers .... capcom did good picking slant six.... they wanted to try out a diffrend direction and they picked the best company for.the style they wanted.
                            watch the new trailer and you will see how outstanding and fun it will be

Comment

I'll admit that after watching that 10 min. gameplay video I REALLY want this game.
                              Only thing I didn't like was Vector's SUPERDUPER camouflage. One thing is to have stealth (invisible) camo, but he's the Shang Tsung of Resident Evil!

Executions are always welcome... A demo would be nice for Xmas!

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I agree a demo would be best xmas gift in the world a lvl or 2 multiplayer of course

Comment

Working...
                                X