Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Help) I want a new CPU and motherboard

Hi THIA.

I'm building a PC. What I'm looking for is a new MoBo and a CPU, and I'm a noob in that department.

My goal is improve video playback, recording, capturing, production, and rendering. I also want a faster, more efficient computer overall. From what I understand, for that I need to replace the MoBo and CPU. With a newer, more recent MoBo I can also finally install that XFX Radeon HD 5670 PCI Express 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card I bought in the summer. I also have replaced the PSU with a Corsair CX500.

If I'm searching for a CPU and a MoBo, what do I look for to tell that it's better than what I have (if that makes any sense)? Where do I start?

I'm willing to spend $100-220 on those combo deals I see at newegg.com, which these two seem to be good upgrades.
    AMD Athlon II X3 455 Rana 3.3GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX455WFGMBOX
    AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - C3 Revision HDZ555WFGMBOX

For reference, here are my current PC, & MotherBoard.
    Spoiler:

Any useful help I get from here will be very appreciative. Thank you for reading this request.
    Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 11-13-2011, 11:00 PM.
    If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

your motherboard is going to be more important than your processor, because what you place on that board is going to affect your every day use performance. therefore, it is wise to get a board that is going to benefit the CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.

for instance, my motherboard doesn't support DX11, nor does my CPU, yet my GPU does. a motherboard, CPU, and GPU all supporting DX11 will greatly increase performance as a whole.
    Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Working...
    X