RE Revelations ESRB Rating Reveals Slight Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
    I hope the character that says "shit" in the game is Jill Valentine... just because she said that a lot in the REmake. Its her trademark line.
    I totally remember that
    just like how Leon said shit a lot in RE4, it like their favorite swear word

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
      You guys don't need me to bring up how this game will be more like RE4/RE5 than going back to its roots right? Cause I've got all this fuel....
      I like how a chainsaw being used (we do not know who by) suddenly means "It must be like RE4" and other throwbacks to previous games lie finding a severed hand holding a gun or the shotgun/ceiling trap just get forgot about. Like only things that can be used to trashtalk the game matter.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

those silent hill looking things are called Oozes? hope not, thats a lame name (i still like calling them zombie Zoidbergs )
        but seriously, those creatures are really interesting. even if there aren't actual zombies in the game these things seem to play very similarly to them.
        slow moving, melee with the grab & bite, and there are even different variants of them (I'm curious to see how many there are in the game) you have to admit they are intriguing at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
          I like how a chainsaw being used (we do not know who by) suddenly means "It must be like RE4" and other throwbacks to previous games lie finding a severed hand holding a gun or the shotgun/ceiling trap just get forgot about. Like only things that can be used to trashtalk the game matter.
          Not to mention that a length of 6-10 hours (first run) is actually more befitting of the older games.
          Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 11-19-2011, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
            I can only sum up your response in a point-to-point reply.

1. Chainsaw is just the latest addition in my belief that the game will be more like RE4/RE5.

2. Capcom has already proven to be ambiguous about what their goal is in regards to what kind of game Revelations would be. They say it will go back to its roots and then later claim it won't be like the playstation era and that they will use a new type of horror.

3. The "severed hand" reference is merely just that. A nod to nostalgia, and not really a sign that shows the game's direction is back to horror. RE5 tried to do the same as well. And so far the reference seems pretty unnecessary. The first game had it set up for the death of a supporting character. This time around we know Jill will be fine since it's a prequel to RE5 so having her pull up a severed hand only implies a loosely based scenario. That's pretty much it.

4. "Other throwbacks" implies it'll be just another "Lost in Nightmares" rather than a new entry returning to form.

5. Where do you get the idea that I'm trash talking Revelations just because I'm showing that it's going to be another RE4/RE5 outcome? Last I checked, RE4 was a game of the year contender and RE5 has sold quite well. I just find it funny that they're promoting this game as something it may not actually be.

They'd be better off sparing the die hard fans of such hype, and not getting their hopes up of expecting another RE classic. Frankly if the game is going to be like RE4/RE5 they might as well market it as such.

Am I wrong to think that? Another over-the-shoulder shooter set in between those two games. A single player campaign followed by a Co-op mode. Aim to hit key places and perform melee attacks in order to defend yourself. A story mingling the Organization and BSAA with Chris and Jill fresh out of their RE5 models.

All this, and I didn't even throw the chainsaw into the matter. You see they can toss a hunter and a trap from the first game and expect people to believe it'll be like the earlier game. RE5 had done this as well with their lickers and references via files or traps. But at the end of the day it takes more than that for Resident Evil to really return to form. again, not saying the game will be bad. Just that it feels misleading. Take that however you like.

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
            Not to mention that a length of 6-10 hours (first run) is actually more befitting of the older games.
            RE4 and RE5 can be accomplished in 6-10 hrs. on a first run. The amount of time it takes to beat a game hardly tells you if it'll be more like RE1 or like RE4. A gamer can save up a lot of time or waste it depending on how he plays, but also the amount of content the game will have.

Comment

There's a thing called confirmation bias. Those who think it will be survival horror will cite stuff that implies it is survival horror (ammo rationing, severed hand, etc.) Those who think it will be an action fest a la 4 and 5 cite stuff that implies it is action (chainsaw enemy, camera angle issue, etc.)

Just saying.
              Revelations has a plot with twists everywhere. Way to go, Capcom, you successfully pulled off a mind-screw plotline.

Comment

Is the camera angle an issue?

The "confirmation bias" would only work if Capcom wasn't marketing it as the opposite of what I'm showing. There's no bias on my part either if you followed up on some of my discussions.

Which is why I think Capcom is going about it all wrong with their marketing. There's a reason why people are following the tiniest bit of reference into thinking it'll make the game just like the earlier games.

About the only thing "confirmed" that may actually make it seem more like the earlier games may just be the puzzles.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey3264 View Post
                  those silent hill looking things are called Oozes? hope not, thats a lame name (i still like calling them zombie Zoidbergs )
                  but seriously, those creatures are really interesting. even if there aren't actual zombies in the game these things seem to play very similarly to them.
                  slow moving, melee with the grab & bite, and there are even different variants of them (I'm curious to see how many there are in the game) you have to admit they are intriguing at the very least.
                  Yeah, they're something else alright.

News Bot even posted on the Revelations thread info about said enemies being based on real stuff that's at the bottom of the sea. Check it out if you can.
                  Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                    Yeah, they're something else alright.
                    News Bot even posted on the Revelations thread info about said enemies being based on real stuff that's at the bottom of the sea. Check it out if you can.
                    my favorite part of their design is the lamprey mouth (have you ever seen a lamprey before? they make my skin crawl)

I always found deep sea creatures utterly terrifying, just look up some pictures and you have instant artistic inspiration for horror material

Comment

This could mean the return of Neptune.... Somehow. Hey, Jaws had his revenge.

Comment

i wonder if neptune or the hunter gamma will appear in the underwater areas of the ship?

Comment

There's some fucked up shit at the bottom of the ocean and most of it is still largely unexplored.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                            There's some fucked up shit at the bottom of the ocean and most of it is still largely unexplored.
                            legend has it that at the bottom of the ocean is where Darkmoon obtains the magic razor blades to shave his great beard, because a regular razor could accidentally rob him of his powers.

Comment

...shave? I haven't shaved in about 10 years. Trimmed, sure, otherwise I'd risk the thing eating passing pets. Although I haven't even done that for six plus months, so it's down to my chest now.

...when it's windy my own beard whips me in the eyes. I wear glasses to protect myself, not to see better with.

I'm still very 70/30 on this game. It looks great. I'm not seeing the glaring floors that made me sure I wouldn't like RE5. I think it's gonna be down to the story - and I love the guy they have writing it. If this was a PS3/360 game, I'd probably acquire it pretty fast. But the 30% doubt is more than enough to stop me getting a console I don't really want...

Comment

If you're just looking to be entertained by the story or plotline, watch this game on youtube.

Just make sure that the user playing it has some decent skills... because I've done that with some games that I feel are not worth the trouble. And watching someone play a particular game badly ruins the whole experience - for me at least - to the point that I wanna get the game myself and play it like it should be played (not as crappy).
                                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X