GameSpot Plays Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GameSpot Plays Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

GameSpot's gone live with a 20 minute video preview of Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City. You can watch the video at the link below.
    Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City takes the series in a completely new direction and offers a style of gameplay yet to be seen from the franchise.

The game is scheduled for a release on March 20, 2012 in North America and March 23 in the UK.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by aris13; 11-18-2011, 03:30 AM.
    sigpic

Ah, GameSpot. I'm expecting advertisements and shit.

Edit: Ugh, Guy Cocker. He's the fool that gave WipEout HD a 7/10 purely because he was shit at the game and couldn't play it to save his life.

Umbrella Security Services? What does he think the U.S.S. is, some kind of emergency service?

"Hello, we're the Security Services!"

The fool. However, Nicholai's VA sounds awesome to me.
    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 11-18-2011, 04:10 AM.
    See you in hell.

Comment

The more I see the more I like it.

Comment

I keep thinking, 'Should I ask people to buy me the game for my Birthday?' Because it's just a bit before then. But my wife is already buying me the Special Edition of Mass Effect 3 (I was even kind enough to tell her she was doing so) and my parents don't buy me videogames any more, so...

...will you guys be my new friends?

But yeah, this doesn't really contain any shocks unless you haven't seen the game before. So I'm still not gonna pony up my own cash to buy it. I have better things to buy.

Comment

Still looks pretty terrible.

Comment

I'm more interested in getting this game the more I see. The level they showcased looks like a lot of fun, especially the licker swarm near the end. Sure it's not classic RE horror, but it looks good for what it is.

Comment

Indeed , i dont care about this game anymore ....

Offtopic :
              annoying thing is the age thing , most RE Games are 18 + or probably all of them :/ annoying since i didnt pass 18 yet ....
              Funny that i see nothing wrong with people 15+ playing these games , scary ? they shouldnt play it .... Too much Gore ? they play it at their own risk , 15 and up should have been fine , me and mah friends feel like we are unwelcomed in the RE Series because of this , i couldnt even get on the FB Page without changing my age to fake it ... anyway i dont wanna go off topic too much

Back on Topic :
              People were hoping and some were sure that the early concepts at the RE page was RE2 Remake or something , it appeared to be just some costume renders LOL , However Birkins second form is intresting ! Why would he show up in ORC if claire and leon can be killed , unless if they live , or we are able to play as them ..... Oh No This game sucks already , Enemies designs are good only ...
              Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
              ^ Lol ...

Comment

Yeah, his last name being completely wrong is retarded.
                See you in hell.

Comment

Looks like some fun co-op shooting, nothing more or less.

Comment

I'm truly saddened by what the RE series has mutated into. It's been infected with the Crud-Virus.
                    sigpic

Comment

What a godawful video - looks like they've sorted out some of the earlier builds framerate issues which is nice to see, but this Adam chap sounds like he has absolutely no idea what the hell is talking about throughout the whole video.
                      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Are the RE games still having Subtitle misspellings? Never read them when watching the video but I know a few of them had some doozies.

You'd also think with Code Veronica they'd get the "chairs scattered" comment right instead of "hairs".

Comment

Originally posted by Vector View Post
                          Looks like some fun co-op shooting, nothing more or less.
                          Well it needs to be more than that. Otherwise, why bother with it.

There are so many of 'em out there already.
                          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                          sigpic

Comment

What more are you expecting? And I mean this as far as this game is concerned for the RE series as a whole?

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                              Well it needs to be more than that. Otherwise, why bother with it.

There are so many of 'em out there already.
                              It's a fun co-op shooter game set in one of the best locations in the series with pretty much all the classic enemies in it and with the possibility of playing as your favorite character in some unknown mode.
                              Honestly if you like RE as a whole and aren't nitpicking every single story detail in this non-canon game I don't see how it wouldn't be enjoyable.
                              And the three factions thing (with the third being completely on its own) seems pretty unique to me. I don't remember many shooters out there where you can use a horde of zombies at your advantage against the enemy.

Comment

Working...
                              X