Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
    What more are you expecting?
    Well, it would be nice if the Spec Ops actually reacted to getting shot in the face.

Comment

Didn't Matthew Broderick already answer this in a trailer for Tower Heist? They're pretty much dead if they're shot in the face.
      Last edited by Smiley; 11-20-2011, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Apparently not, as it would seem you can shoot them several times in the face before they actually die.

Comment

Ah so it goes in one cheek and out the other? Or is the T-virus numbing their sense of pain? Could it be nanomachines?

I'm sure there's a multitude of reasons behind it. If I shoot Krauser enough times before he mutates he simply disappears on me like an inconsiderate jerk in RE4.

Alfred as well in Darkside Chronicles.

Jill can take a little damage before dropping dead in RE5. It seems she can get shot enough times before reacting.

I don't know. Take your poison? ;>_>

Comment

I'm not so much talking about realism as I am some simple feedback. The examples you used, they all still react to getting shot.

The Spec Ops shouldn't be bullet sponges. That's what the zombies are for.

Comment

Krauser didn't really react. Jill neither. At least not until a cue commenced. Maybe depending on the type of weapon you use, but I can riddle Krauser with lead enough times until he decides to "fade out".

And in a game like this you'd figure as far as the game is concerned they're all merely bullet sponges. Your characters as well up to the point of respawning where you died from. Now if you're looking for more reaction from these Spec Ops besides dying (and stumbling away as I've seen a couple of them do) I can't say if it'll be worked on or not till the game is out. It's not as though I'd hate to have it included.
              Last edited by Smiley; 11-20-2011, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alkar View Post
                It's a fun co-op shooter game set in one of the best locations in the series with pretty much all the classic enemies in it and with the possibility of playing as your favorite character in some unknown mode.
                Honestly if you like RE as a whole and aren't nitpicking every single story detail in this non-canon game I don't see how it wouldn't be enjoyable.
                And the three factions thing (with the third being completely on its own) seems pretty unique to me. I don't remember many shooters out there where you can use a horde of zombies at your advantage against the enemy.
                That was exactly my point, though. It obviously isn't merely a fun co-op shooter and nothing more, like he suggested it was.

Like you said, it brings so many extra elements to the plate. Just being another co-op shooter isn't going to make anyone buy this if he/she already owns many games from the same genre (and that do things better). Its that extra stuff that makes it unique what will bring them in.
                Last edited by Pikminister; 11-22-2011, 01:43 PM.
                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                sigpic

Comment

Well if you played RE5 it doesn't do anything new. It was essentially a third person shooter taking a lot from RE4 and an online co-op game like the Outbreak series.

And yet that game had a lot of buys. The RE elements seemed to be one of the highlights regardless if the gamers actually enjoyed the game or not.

ORC actually has an advantage that RE4 and RE5 didn't have though. It's going to place its over-the-shoulder action experience within RE nostalgia. You're back to the zombies, you got Nemesis and the other big mutants. You collaborate with and fight off against familiar faces in a familiar town. You're playing with the story as opposed to following it although seemingly you'll have that option somehow.

The three faction only goes with its action premise. Because you can double tap and slice your way through undead you've got other means to oppose you and naturally a Spec Ops team works fine against the U.S.S. But it also fits a tactical four player co-op game. This is just another example in Resident Evil of the game play being primary over the story. It's absurd to have optic camo, instant disguise, etc. But these unique skills are only meant to work for the type of game it's trying to be.

So the selling point will be if this kind of game mashes well with Resident Evil nostalgia. And frankly a four player battle against Birkin does sound interesting. I wonder how they'll work him into the boss battle to make him more chaotic than he already was in RE2.

Comment

Ordered the Special Edition of ORC! I am so ready for this game!

Comment

I gotta say I think I'm gonna like this game. It appeals to me as I do like 3rd person shooters. Add some RE to the mix and I'll be happy.
                      I'm not expecting it to be the great revival of the series. I just want to shoot the crap out of zombies, BOWs and what not.

If you guys/girls are gonna buy this, which platform do you prefer? PC, PS3 or Xbox?

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Raccoon City.. PC/PS3 for me.. definitely not xbox

Comment

Xbox or PC, not sure yet. Most likely the former.
                          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

PS3

Comment

I'm going for the Xbox version.

Comment

If I'm getting the game, I'm not sure yet, it'll be on PC.

Comment

Working...
                                X