1.5 picture comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.5 picture comparison

First of all, hello everyone. I'm a former Bioflames member who has been coming here off and on for months, but finally decided to sign up. If no one remembers me, that's ok. I wasn't one of the more active members, but I subscribed years before the Curator incident, back when Kim/Inflames was still releasing exclusive 1.5 vids. Ah, the good old days Anyways, the reason I'm posting is because recently I've been re-organizing all my 1.5 pictures, and have come across some pictures and questions about them. First, these:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Factoryinside3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	406002Click image for larger version

Name:	re1503lf1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	406003

Are these pictures showing the same spot, just at different stages of development?
    It matters not to me which virus you wield. Yours is merely a pathetic attempt to master the powers of death. The power you seek is MINE, and with this insurmountable power, I offer a litany of oblivion even a virus cannot prevent..............and you cannot escape.

Same spot, different era.
    sigpic

Comment

Ah, thanks Alzaire. You are the RE 1.5 man. Now that that ones out of the way, here's some more:

Name:	bh2_burningswatvan_12.jpg
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	400713Click image for larger version

Name:	BIO1.5_73cp.jpg
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	400714

Same place different build? Also, this area:

Name:	Factory4.jpg
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	400715Click image for larger version

Name:	Factory17.jpg
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	400716

The question I have is about this picture, with reference to the above pics:

Name:	10.gif
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	400717

This could be the way into the factory, if not for the fact that the door is on the wrong side and everything in the backround is reversed. Was this picture flipped?
      It matters not to me which virus you wield. Yours is merely a pathetic attempt to master the powers of death. The power you seek is MINE, and with this insurmountable power, I offer a litany of oblivion even a virus cannot prevent..............and you cannot escape.

Comment

Ok, forget about those first pictures. I forgot to watch the Playstation Museum youtube video and see how they are connected, just not the same. Still not sure about the flipped picture though. Now, I have my own idea about this one, but first I'll ask: has the location of this picture been hashed out?

Name:	bh2_servicearea_00.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	400719

Comment

The Bioflames image for the factory door is flipped. No idea why.

The last image you posted is from the kennel.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks again Alzaire. The questions are done, and now for a guess. About halfway through the infamous PM video, Leon comes off the heliport, then takes a doorway into the prison, leaving the other heliport doorway untouched. Where does this door go? Well, I say it's the kennel. I've noticed the walls of the prison are made of bricks, a wall pattern only mirrored by 3 places: the morgue, power room, and kennel. We already know the locations of both power room and morgue, and well, both heliport doors are so close together they've just gotta open to the same architectural style of the building. Which leaves the kennel. Specifically, if I'm really lucky, here:

Name:	bh2_kennel_00.jpg
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	400721

Consider also what the goromacida video shows us of the hallway which leads to the power room and/or morgue (which is being faithfully re-created in the modding forum as we speak), and how Leon doesn't travel the other way down the basement hall. That is where the kennel and prison are most likely located (again, going by the brick wall patterns). And we already know how to get through the prison from the other direction via the heliport........man, a map accurately depicting the basement layout is so close, with just a tiny uncertainty as to how the prison and kennel are entered from the hallway side. How likely is this?

Comment

Don't let the videos fool you, the PM video is edited and he did a lot of room jumping via debug and they are in no special connecting order. The heliport is on the top floor of the police station. The kennel and prison are confirmed in the basement. The heliport isn't directly connected to the prison from the door like I think you implied, so the other door leading to the kennel doesn't work. It's unknown exactly the layout for the upper floors of the RPD due to lack of enough footage from hallways/rooms, so there's no real way to know where the heliport door leads other than both of them lead to the 2nd or 3rd floor (depending on whether you believe the RPD was 2 or 3 floors high, which is not 100% confirmed).

The basement mapping is also pretty much impossible. There's a lot of guesswork there, and there's just enough unseen angles/hallways to keep it from being accurate. The recreated hall you mention isn't 100% accurate either. If you look closely, the brick patterns are a bit different for each room and hallway (morgue, armory hall, kennel hall, ect). Essentially, they are all located in the basement, but that's about as far as you can get. Connecting them is all guesswork and requires making things up which pretty much would invalidate anything as truly authentic until more evidence/footage can be obtained.
              sigpic

Comment

So, when he would go through doors, he wasn't really going through them, just jumping around randomly. What the ****! If he did that on purpose, that's just wrong . Well, now that I'm not being led on the wrong track, it leaves the door open for something else. The door I originally thought led to the kennel. It has a green sign above it with some japanese letters. I assume it says "exit" or something. Has anyone confirmed what it says? The reason I ask about that, is this:

Name:	bh2_garage_00entrance.jpg
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	400724

Originally, I thought that confirmed this doorway led to the heliport, but now that I think about it, these two doors might not be connected per say, but having the same sign over two doors means both lead to the same place. Question is, where is that? So, has someone translated the PM sign, since the other one seems too blurry to translate.

Comment

Well, he did go through doors, just when he made the video he edited out the door animations and skipped around in the footage cause he intended the video to be roughly 10 minutes long. Some doors were locked or required puzzles and he couldn't read Japanese, so he said the only way he could really advance through the levels was to debug jump.

As for the sign, it doesn't have a word, it's a symbol intended for showing where a stairwell or fire exit is.

It's essentially similar to the one above, just colored different.

It doesn't mean though that the door leads directly into a stairwell or the exact same spot. If you look at retail RE2, they use the same kind of greenish sign with the same symbol on doors that lead to hallways or areas that eventually lead to the stairs and such. Hence why you see one in the parking lot even though the area on the other side of the door is not a stairwell.
                  sigpic

Comment

From the inside they may have different wall pattern, but from the outside they have the "basement patter".

You enter the garage through this door

As Alzaire said, the layout is not the correct 1.5 one, in fact I wrote "beta" on it, but for the information we have is not that bad.

Comment

man...seeing these jus makes me upset lol

Comment

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post

From the inside they may have different wall pattern, but from the outside they have the "basement patter".

You enter the garage through this door

As Alzaire said, the layout is not the correct 1.5 one, in fact I wrote "beta" on it, but for the information we have is not that bad.
                        The bricks in that hallway are different. In the main hall, where the power room and such are, the bricks are stacked squared directly on top of each other. The ones in the firing range/armory hall seem to be stacked alternating, indicating it most likely isn't directly the same hallway.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well Sonicblue, you are right about that door being where you enter the garage. But that doorway is not the same door I pointed out. Here:

Name:	7.gif
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	400728Click image for larger version

Name:	BH2_169cp.jpg
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	400729

That big shutter is evidence of what side of the room the basement room you enter the garage from. Here's where the sign door is:

Name:	bh2_garage_00.jpg
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	400730Click image for larger version

Name:	bh2_garage_00entrance.jpg
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	400731

It's located on the complete other side of the room from the garage. So, as far as what door leads where, these two aren't related. As for Alzaire, you do have a point. About the green signs in the retail version I mean. But there's also something else about the retail RE2. Specifically, there was in fact no emergency stairwell in the finalized version. It was most likely replaced by that fire escape in the RPD lobby. Therefore, they could put some of those green signs up pretty much wherever they wanted. But in 1.5, there was an emergency staircase:

Name:	bh2_doornumber_02.jpg
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	400727

Think back to all those cop shows you've ever watched (Law and Order, NCIS, etc.). That type of staircase, coupled with the total lack of wall design, just visible concrete all around.......oh yeah, that's the staircase the bad guys always use to try to escape the cops i.e. emergency stairwell. And hey, it makes sense from an architectural standpoint as well. Two different doors (that we know of), with the same "emergency exit" sign above them. A picture of an emergency stairwell with the same door present on all three doorways. And finally, what's the one place that people can enter from the basement that also connects all the way to the roof/heliport? I may not be able to prove it, but man, it all fits.

Comment

Originally posted by towerofpowerx View Post
                            Well Sonicblue, you are right about that door being where you enter the garage. But that doorway is not the same door I pointed out. Here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5842[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5843[/ATTACH]

That big shutter is evidence of what side of the room the basement room you enter the garage from. Here's where the sign door is:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5844[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5845[/ATTACH]

It's located on the complete other side of the room from the garage. So, as far as what door leads where, these two aren't related.
                            Yes they are the same door. There is no other door in the garage. Just that one in the corner by the shutter, which connects into the maintenance hallway before leading into the basement area.

As for Alzaire, you do have a point. About the green signs in the retail version I mean. But there's also something else about the retail RE2. Specifically, there was in fact no emergency stairwell in the finalized version. It was most likely replaced by that fire escape in the RPD lobby. Therefore, they could put some of those green signs up pretty much wherever they wanted. But in 1.5, there was an emergency staircase:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5841[/ATTACH]

Think back to all those cop shows you've ever watched (Law and Order, NCIS, etc.). That type of staircase, coupled with the total lack of wall design, just visible concrete all around.......oh yeah, that's the staircase the bad guys always use to try to escape the cops i.e. emergency stairwell. And hey, it makes sense from an architectural standpoint as well. Two different doors (that we know of), with the same "emergency exit" sign above them. A picture of an emergency stairwell with the same door present on all three doorways. And finally, what's the one place that people can enter from the basement that also connects all the way to the roof/heliport? I may not be able to prove it, but man, it all fits.
                            You're taking emergency staircase too literally. It's used to indicate the way in/out, towards stairs, ect. It's not just for "emergency" use. It does not mean directly into a stairwell, or even a singular connecting stairwell or staircase. It actually doesn't make sense, because there is no accurate way to portray 1 singular stairwell matching up to all of the doors with the sign on it. Trust me, I've tried tons of things with mapping out the RPD and that doesn't work. A couple of them do lead right into the stairwell, yes. The door by the elevator on 1F for one, possibly the one in the basement main hall (but there are 2 different basement doors with the sign over/near it as well, so a little bit confusing). But the one in the garage doesn't lead right into a stairwell for sure. It's simply used as a path indicator.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                              The bricks in that hallway are different. In the main hall, where the power room and such are, the bricks are stacked squared directly on top of each other. The ones in the firing range/armory hall seem to be stacked alternating, indicating it most likely isn't directly the same hallway.
                              This is embarrassing, I didn't notice that

So it's probably in this area, whose position is unknown, excellent

Comment

Working...
                              X