X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jessica is turning into my new favorite re girl character

sex sells Hell yea !!

Comment

Sex sells but fucking ridiculous is still fucking ridiculous. xD Jill's battle suit was sexy but not that stupid, now we have to take a whole leg off of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
        Jill's battle suit was sexy but not that stupid
        ...Howard Johnson isnt right!

Comment

Well when you compare Jill's outfit to say, the girls of Mortal Kombat. Not nearly AS stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
            jessica is turning into my new favorite re girl character

sex sells Hell yea !!

But mostly to men. The biggest reason a lot of women don't play videogames is that they often feel objectified by how female characters are presented. They're basically just alienating a whole lot of potential customers with this. I think we can agree there is nobody who would stop playing videogames just because the women got a bit more of a realistic potrayal. Take Half Life 2: you can't say that was unpopular and Alyx Vance is a kickass character. All I'm saying is that if you want overtly sexualized characters in games then they should be the theme of the game, like Bayonetta (which I played by the way, and enjoyed) where as putting somebody who looks like Jessica or Rachel in the middle of game that ties into a series that for the most part has been quite good with how they show women is going to cause a lot of people to feel kind of weirded out. Girls and guys. It just seems like a bit of a ridiculous juxtaposition to put somebody in an impractical, cut off skin-tight outfit next to somebody like Chris who is obviously dressed for the mission. It says to me "we don't care if you die, just so long as you look good doing it" and that is stupid because I think women in full military gear are very attractive.
            Last edited by WeskerSexyCheez; 12-06-2011, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Sex sells but fucking ridiculous is still fucking ridiculous. xD Jill's battle suit was sexy but not that stupid, now we have to take a whole leg off of it?
              LOL like it wasn't ridiculous for Jill to be running around in RE3 showing huge amounts of skin during a full zombie outbreak. Right?

Ah, how quickly they forget.

Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
              sigpic

Comment

It's bad fashion sure but I still say Jessica's outfit is worst. That's like blaming Ashley for what she was wearing. She was on vacation and was kidnapped, it wasn't a planned scenario.

Comment

I think we can agree that most of the characters have bad taste when it comes to fashion. So why even go there.

'Member Claire and Becca in their little cowgirl outfits? Jeeeeesus.

They all looked pretty zany... maybe except for...

Last edited by Pikminister; 12-06-2011, 04:37 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Tofu is the sexiest of them all. Nude like a boss! Irony of zombies trying to eat Tofu lol!

Comment

I must say, having pointless sexy outfits does throw me off. I don't mind it when they're some reason, like dressing for a Mata Hari mission, but this does seem random. I'm far less likely to buy a game that's full of randomly scantly clad women.

Of course, I also don't mind sex in games at all. I never get why it's fine to have an enemies head explode in tiny, hideous detail but any sex is hideous and taboo. I just like for it to have a reason, or at the very least make sense.

Comment

Hrm the link is dead? It says the page cannot be found and when searching the site no articles pop up.
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
                          Jill was the most beautifull female char in RE until they changed her face , giving her a big nose in re5 , making her like sheva in rer , giving her big lips , changing her face once again to make her look better but they fail again , why the hell wont they just use her REmake or RE5 Face -_- ....
                          Over the years I think Jill has gotten less attractive and Claire has gotten more attractive. I've always been a bigger fan of Claire's character, so this amuses me. Jill looked great in the Remake, and I really never noticed the nose thing in RE5 (maybe it was a little bigger, but nothing ridiculous). It annoys me that they couldn't have kept her Remake face for M3D and Revelations. Perhaps Capcom wanted to make her look younger and sexier to pull in an audience of 13-year-old boys for the kiddie handheld system? If so, massive fail (to everyone except 13-year-old boys).

Claire looked plain as ever in RE2, got better in CVX (cut scenes), was a bit too plastic looking in Degeneration (but so was everyone else involved), and looked better than ever in Darkside. Just my opinion.

Well when you compare Jill's outfit to say, the girls of Mortal Kombat. Not nearly AS stupid.
                          Yes, but you're comparing the appearance of women in a series that at least usually tries to have some semblance of seriousness to one that is the definition of cheese. Also, the characters in RE are usually dressed in either tactical gear or in casual clothes (when they're caught unaware). MK is all about martial arts, so mobility (and the appropriate clothing) make a bit more sense.
                          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                            Hrm the link is dead? It says the page cannot be found and when searching the site no articles pop up.
                            You mean this link here? http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=167794

Works for me...

About Jill's face... it has been changing ever since RE1. All the way to Revelations. Here's how she's been looking recently:

And I'm at peace with Jill "Potatoe nose" Valentine from RE5. That schnozzle is kinda cute and has grown on me.
                            sigpic

Comment

From the art book I read on RE5 they said something about giving her raccoon like features which contributed to the nose being bigger and rounded as opposed to REmake. She certainly looked evil and pissed off and her face wonderfully conveyed the kind of pain she was going through.

Her RE3 outfit was fanservice, but in RE3 it didn't feel over the top. You could believe that Jill resigned from STARS and the outbreak came when she was dressed casually.

But to excuse Ada's attire in RE4 or Rachel and Jessica? Just stretching it a bit. If you joined an organization or special service that required combat of any kind I would imagine that your gear and dress attire would be more appropriate.

See in REmake the updated STARS gear was form fitting for Jill, but not exaggerated to the point where she had unbuttoned her shirt to expose cleavage or that earlier scrapped RE1 design with her leg exposed. Some things might entice the player, but shouldn't be default attire unless the scenario can make it work like they did in RE3. The only time where Jill's outfit was not appropriate was the way they shamed her in Umbrella Chronicles which took direct influence from the Paul Anderson films.

Comment

This is in no way meant to be a defense of Jessica or Rachel's outfits, but I think it's pretty pointless to complain about female attire in video games at this point. It's one of those things you just kind of have to accept and move on, especially when you're talking about Japanese games.

Comment

Working...
                                X