Time to dust off the light-gun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to dust off the light-gun!

Got a light-gun hidden away in your closet?
    You feel like you're not ignoring your next-gen console enough?
    Well, let's squish two at once, shall we!

Not too long ago, Dot50Cal won a bidding round for a copy of the rather "mythical" Biohazard - Gun Survivor demo disc. The ending price was roughly around $150.

The disc is;
    レスキューショットブービーぼー&バイオハザードガンサバイバー ガンコン対応シューティング体験版 [SLPM-80522]
    Which roughly translates to;
    "Rescue Shot Bubibo & Biohazard Gun Survivor - Trial Versions for GunCon"

This is more than just an sneak peak at Biohazard - Gun Survivor, but also a little piece of development history in the relationship between Namco and Capcom, the two companies that've worked together to bring you things such Gun Survivor 2 - Code:Veronica and Namco X Capcom.

The disc was most likely a free demo given out with the GunCon.

Now, some collectors and die-hard fans might say that it's a bit sad to see such a rarity now become publicly available, as there really isn't much material that hasn't become available to the public these days. But on the brighter side, it'll also mean that anyone who would be doing trades might have to dig deeper in their pockets to find something interesting and new, which will ofcourse contribute to bringing even more obscure and unseen material to the fans.

So, here's a little present from the staff at The Horror Is Alive;

Fetching QR code... Get your cellphone camera ready

Haha, now you're probably wondering, where's the link!?
    Well, we'll let you play a little bit of detective!
    It's there, we assure you!
    If you can't find it, maybe someone who has can give you some pointers over at the forums/comments section?
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-29-2007, 08:38 AM.

So EVIL I love it!

Comment

I dont know whether to be annoyed or amused, i like a challenge but this is...odd

EDIT - Never mind, that was incredibly simple
      Last edited by rewak; 04-28-2007, 02:08 PM.

Comment

If anyone complains about it being released I'll eat their face off. I paid 150$ for it, so they have nothing to complain about. USA folk are going to need help on this. I dont think QR codes are standard here yet so not many cell phones have it.
        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-28-2007, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Found it... Clever way of hiding the link...

Especially when the image isn't displaying properly and you need to view the source to know what's going on...

Was a bitch to decrypt by hand...
          Last edited by Project Omega; 04-28-2007, 03:38 PM. Reason: Hint: 68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 77 77 77 2e 6d 65 67 61 75 70 6c 6f 61 64 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 3f 64 3d 42 4b 41 45 32 37 47 38

Comment

Or you can mouse over on it ;D Ill leave your hint intact, but no outright spelling of the URL. If you have to, do that via PM
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-28-2007, 03:42 PM.

Comment

You decrypted it by hand? Didnt even know that was possible! Oh and im not complaining about it being released! Method of giving the URL is a touch sneaky though ;)

Comment

Blame carn for that, hes an evil evil man who delayed the release just for doing it. Can someone PM me the url btw? Im retarded when it comes to QR codes
                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-28-2007, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                  Or you can mouse over on it ;D Ill leave your hint intact, but no outright spelling of the URL. If you have to, do that via PM
                  I saw no image, although I did see the mouse over code when I viewed the source of the page... Thought that was part of the game...

Comment

D; Internet Explorer is a terrible browser that doesnt show PNG images. It needs to die, now.

Use firefox

Comment

My Firefox is a RAM whore with all the spiffy stuff I have it set up with... IE7 works alittle faster for me and my browsing needs for the moment...

Comment

I seriously cant believe IE doesnt support PNG images STILL. Its so awful.

Edit: thanks for the link
                        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-28-2007, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Nice to see ya'll finally released the GS Demo to the public!

For those that want them, I hacked these GS/AR codes for the GS demo almsot more than 4 Months ago....

Infinite Health
                          800AAE0C 00FF

Infinite Ammo
                          800B1F92 0011
                          800C4318 0011
                          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I don't own a cellphone that supports kaywa reader... I couldn't find anything while browsing the sourcecode of the site either... Guess this one's tougher than I thought, could someone PM me he link ?

EDIT: Nevermind I manage to find the solution myself ! Google is your friend !
                            Last edited by SeiyaKou; 04-29-2007, 04:00 AM.

Comment

I give up...
                              I´m feeling like my friend Forest Gump... '(¬_¬)

EDIT: PM, save my soul! lol
                              Last edited by viper2; 04-29-2007, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X