No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Revelations Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a good idea. Sorry, I guess I'm expressing anger at myself... I tend to look up spoilers a lot. (The extra ten day wait for Americans is going to be a major problem for me. XD)
    Revelations has a plot with twists everywhere. Way to go, Capcom, you successfully pulled off a mind-screw plotline.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
      this game seems the best RE game i ever seen yet with Next gen graphics
      Maybe artistically looking, for a hand held it looks fantastic, but this game is nowhere near as graphically rich as say; RE5 is.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
        Maybe artistically looking, for a hand held it looks fantastic, but this game is nowhere near as graphically rich as say; RE5 is.
        Sure its Not . Eh comparing 3DS To PS3/360 lol sure consoles are better (RE5 << Graphics only , the game sucks no offense) , But since its a new RE Game having all that creepy and scary stuff is just amazing and makes me finnaly be happy this is a sign that RE is back to its root , Comparing Revelations With RE5 , Ill say Revelations ;) Graphics dosent annoy me that much , look at RE5 (good graphics bad gameplay and lacks horror ....) , However being a Survival horror return for the series finnaly after all that wait and making it exclusive for the 3DS annoys me :/
        We can Hope for a Vita version but a console ver may not see the lights , knowing that capcom is lazy ..... or if they did it will be a lazy port ....
        Last edited by Mrox2; 12-13-2011, 08:57 AM.
        Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
        ^ Lol ...

Comment

As much as I miss zombies, to me it starting to make sense that the whole zombie thing was never intended in the first place. Why would they want to stay with a risky virus that isn't controllable. Makes sense of finding the new way of doing it with the parasitic viruses. From Las Plagas to the Plagas used in Africa to the Uroboros virus. To me having zombies still would be having Umbrella in the picture of which they are no longer. I feel though that the G-Virus should have been further expanded on. The G-Monsters just seemed so much more plausible then some of the monsters created in RE4 and RE5. One thing that griped me about RE4 was the whole part of you getting chased by a giant statue. No real for me. Loved Re4 but I feel Revelations will bring back Resident Evil in way with showing Spoiler:
          in the game. Awesome! I feel the new enemy has a good level of intensity as well. But it makes sense to go on to a new virus that is much more user friendly so to speak. I can't wait. I may have to buy a 3DS to have mercenaries and Revelations. If there were more Zombie like enemies in the game I would be happy. They could have created a whole game of fighting Crimson heads and I would be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by IGN
            In Revelations, you switch back and forth between the interweaving storylines of Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine
            I'm a bit confused. In another preview, it was said that Revelations was mostly Jill's game and that all the other playable characters were given much less time (meaning that we couldn't play Chris that much).

Comment

I hope so. RE4 and RE5 were along the lines of main male protagonist blow up shit and save the damsel from being brainwashed by the bad guys (though to RE5's credit Jill was hardly a damsel as opposed to Ashley).

Unlike the movies, the games could make due with another female driven adventure. Nearly most RE games have more than one player character and its usually of the opposite sex. I hear Jessica is not playable in the main campaign so that leaves Jill as far as I'm aware. But you never know. Perhaps characters like Rachel might have a place in the game for that. Parker seems to be playable for a short time like the segments where you played as Steve and Carlos in their respected games. The only one I'm not sure of is Chris, but I imagine he'll have more game time than we're lead to believe.

Comment

I read and report a lot of Revelation news and I probably know less about the plotline or story than Four Eyes. Maybe because I'm not sinking my teeth on the plotline as much... and really looking for clues about the gameplay.

But I wanna know stuff about the scanner... does the action pauses when using the scanner? Are the items randomized? or do you find them in the exact place? thus making using the scanner a bit =irrelevant on a 2nd play through.
                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                sigpic

Comment

I couldn't resist and just saw some videos about the game.

It amuses me how Jessica looks more like Jill than Jill herself Spoiler:

She really looks like the original Jill in this level.

Comment

That's because Jessica is the new Jill. Didn't you get the memo, Grem? ;D

They'll be phasing Jill out shortly, since she's like in her 30s or something and that totally isn't hot anymore. Jill will actually die at the end of Revelations.

Jessica Sherawat will return in Resident Evil 6.
                    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard
                      That's because Jessica is the new Jill. Didn't you get the memo, Grem? ;D
                      lol Well, actually, I can see her becoming some kind of a new female protagonist in future games.

I mean, I have the feeling that Revelations could be the last of Chris and Jill. Their stories are pretty much wrapped up, so they will need to replace them in a way. That's perhaps why they focus so much on Parker, Jessica and co in Revelations. Who knows.

Comment

Working...
                      X