Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with Heather Morris

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.ph...eather-morris/

It is a real shame Konami didn't/couldn't contact her to get the SH3 HD version with her voice in it. I'm sure others will disagree but I love her voice work throughout the game.

Comment

^ Yeah, especially as she seems quite keen on being involved still somehow. Seems further stupidity provents anyone at Konami to potentially act on it. They obviously can get in touch with her easily enough. Then again who the hell knows when the next SH games are even going to release now, Konami just seemingly pushing them both back again and again. I mean US listings say the game is due late this month, but no one at Konami hasn't even listed a date.

Comment

Didn't someone on the Konami side of things also say that implementing dual-audio (for both the new and old audio DB) would be a bit tricky in Silent Hill 3, thanks to the way the game handles audio?

Probably hardcoded references all the way. Which means; they'd basically just need to revisit ALL lines of code that calls for audio and rewrite it to pull things from a table/database that points towards which audio file you want, based on current settings. Of course, why this wasn't initially fixed during the porting process remains a mystery... or might just be a testament to how little effort "might" have gone into the port job...

Now... sure would be sweet if we could get the original audio in SH3HD too, though :/
        Last edited by Carnivol; 01-03-2012, 11:07 AM.

Comment

They say it's technical reasons why SH3 won't have both options. That's apparently why it wouldn't matter of they got Heather's waiver or not. Frankly, if they can make it so that all the original dialogue is replaced with new actors then I don't see a problem with taking more time to recode it to include both. I've been told it's not impossible but more time consuming. They have their date set, so it's been decided to move forward. And that's a shame since Heather would have been on board from the sound of things. Clifford and Donna signed their waivers also so with the exception of Richard Grosse the main actors would have been accounted for.

The interview undermines that and mocks the people who were encouraged to look for her. Kind of disappointing really, but other than that the aspects of what she's done in her career were interesting to read. She should get back into acting.

Comment

Working...
          X