Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City - New Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City - New Trailer

A new trailer for ORC has appeared online introducing the Spec-Ops soldiers. Watch it below.

Introducing the six members of the US Spec Ops team - Tweed, Dee-Ay, Harley, Willow, Shona and Party Girl. Sent into the ill-fated Raccoon City to determine the source of the mysterious T-virus outbreak the US Spec Ops team will use their elite skills and training to defeat the USS team and ensure the truth behind the outbreak is revealed.
    sigpic

Great presentation, that'll definitely set things in motion for building up some good marketing to get its name across by its release in March.

Comment

So they hear automatic gunfire and think civilians?

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
        Obviously!

Anyways, I think I like the Spec Ops team better than USS team....guess we'll see in March.

Comment

I'm surprised Nolan North isn't voicing spikey haired dude.

Comment

I had wondered about the Spec Ops for some time now. We were all lead to believe they'd be faceless grunts with little to know individuality. Now it seems we have a diverse roster for them. Once I find out more about them and what they can do I'll have a good idea as to which characters I'd like to try first.

So here's something I'd like to know more about because it's important to the presentation and scope of the game. You play as the USS with objectives that can alter the canon. I was under the impression that you can choose not to when playing as the USS, but that raises questions on how for this co op game play. But with Spec Ops seemingly having their own game play will that come with any kind of main campaign? And if so are these the characters you play as to preserve the canon?

Comment

Fair to say this is the first trailer that legitimately held my interest.

Comment

...Arent you the one who always says 'People aren't happy unless they're complaining'?

Comment

It's not so much a complaint as it is an observation. It in no way affects my enjoyment or lack thereof of the product in question.

I just found it odd that trained special ops soldiers wouldn't find it the slightest bit odd that civilians are wielding automatic weapons, even in this kind of situation. Unless they consider law enforcement civilians.

I wasn't being entirely serious, anyway.
                  Last edited by Archelon; 01-09-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Neptune spied a Mazda 6 that has somehow been transported from 2009 to 1998.....

Comment

I don't know whether things have just got better or worse to be honest.

The Spec Ops girl knife twirling a Licker to death instantly reminded me of Alice jump kicking a zombie dog from the original Resident Evil movie, and I thought this kind of stuff was fucking awful then.

But I'll give three positives from this trailer.

1/ The overall presentation is 100% more slicker than what we saw when the game was first announced, but then that's only natural I guess, but I suppose its exceeded my expectations with regard to how it looks and how much effort has been put into the cutscenes and marketing.

2/ The Spec Ops cast are infinitily more likeable than the USS team.

3/ The moment the Tyrant turned up was full of win, and the nailed how dangerous they are within seconds. Brilliant.
                      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

It's not so much a complaint as it is an observation. It in no way affects my enjoyment or lack thereof of the product in question.

I just found it odd that trained special ops soldiers wouldn't find it the slightest bit odd that civilians are wielding automatic weapons, even in this kind of situation. Unless they consider law enforcement civilians.

I wasn't being entirely serious, anyway.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	400791
                        Last edited by Wrathborne; 01-09-2012, 03:20 PM.

Comment

One question I have is if the cutscenes in the actual game will be like these cg trailers, or if it will all be in-engine, which is what we have seen so far.

Cg trailers are fun to watch, but my biggest issue with them is that they are never indicative of the actual product. They may show a few gameplay-related elements (such as spikey haired dude using a zombie as a meat shield, or Four Eyes tossing a pheromone grenade), but the game itself is inevitably completely different. Now, if these cg trailers were going to be integrated into the actual game, I would be okay with it, because they are quite nicely produced and would go a long way to making the cutscenes more enjoyable to watch.

Comment

While I honestly really did enjoy this trailer quite a lot, the whole part with the licker made me go "lol wut". She... grabbed it's tongue, jumped off the wall, and knifed it to death... Now I could understand if one of the U.S.S. did it. They would probably know what it is, you know? But a Spec Ops soldier that probably has no idea what it is, I dunno...

I will happily say that I enjoyed the rest of the trailer though! As others said, the second the tyrant showed up, it was awesome. I love Lupo's expression; "HOLY SHIT!". Also loved when the U.S.S. appeared before the spec ops. I love how they just stare for a few seconds, then shoot the cop. Looking forward to seeing more anyway.
                            Last edited by Spera01; 01-09-2012, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Now they will understand the true terror of our bio organic veapons!

Comment

Working...
                              X