Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City - New Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
    There's no way they would get an actual actor to do mocap. He might be modeled after a real person, though.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Reuben_Langdon_18180_5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	400793

Actual actor, who does Mocap!
    Last edited by Wrathborne; 01-09-2012, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Being stuntman on Power Rangers doesn't count.

(Yes, I know he has had roles in other things, but I meant actors of the ilk to which Spera01 was referring. They're simply too expensive for something like mocap for a video game.)
      Last edited by Archelon; 01-09-2012, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
        Being stuntman on Power Rangers doesn't count.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	10154192.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	400794

Comment

Ok, I'll agree that there was some "Anderson" style shit there. But judging by the feats the games had lately (Leon's RE4 laser scene, RE5 and the Ndipaya temple and Indiana Jones-like traps, and so on) I'll say it's ok.

BTW, I'm playing with the bald bearded dude LOL.
          Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 01-10-2012, 12:17 AM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

He's got eyes in the back of his head!!!

Comment

This has probably already been brought up in earlier topics, but I find the whole cast to be ridiculous.
              The concept of the game sounds pretty good, but the design of the characters is just too silly. The game takes place in 1998 and they have equipment far more advanced than in Resident Evil 5 for instance. I understand if they wanted to make each member unique, but why not make them all HUNK-looking and add different weapons instead. A guy who can turn invisible? Come on!

As for the trailer. It looks good except for the part with butchering of the poor licker. Mr X entrance was spot on however.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                Trailer looks cool for an action game. For RE game? Not so much

rehunk88: Umm yeah sure... Face it, you are just jealous you don't have money for 3DS and Revelations!
                in matter of fact i have money for example i got money to buy 10 of them but why should i ? it dosent interest me i dont belive in that handheld crap it was fun when i was 10 and had my pokemon game but thats about it.
                Last edited by rehunk88; 01-10-2012, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                  REhunk, you haven't played Revelations or this, so other than visually, you cant honestly say which is better.
                  i can tell you this one is better just by the fact that we can kill zombies again and not cum monsters from the deep sea XD

and if we talk visually then this one wins also ps3 xbox just have better grapichs than 3ds..
                  Last edited by rehunk88; 01-10-2012, 11:38 AM.

Comment

If I may, I think both games have iffy character designs, but Revelations looks really good for a 3DS game. ORC doesn't match up to other console/pc titles in terms of the in game stuff released thus far. Still pretty looking FMV cutscenes though.

Both games aim to be different. Which one is "better" depends entirely on what you expect from each RE game. They are third person shooters, but aim to be different in presentation. Some people want a fun action game where they can blow shit up in Raccoon City and fight classic monsters once more including the iconic RE bosses. Others want another secluded survival horror experience fighting new enemies and seeing the next chapter in the story.

This bickering gets nowhere until both come out. You might as well be saying in the meantime that when it comes to fruit you're a fan of the apples or the oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
                      in matter of fact i have money for one i got money to buy 10 of them but why should i ? it dosent interest me i dont belive in that handheld crap it was fun when i was 10 and had my pokemon game but thats about it.
                      So why didn't you give up home consoles then? Once you stopped being a kid and started being MATOOR.

Its not like there's a difference. Consoles and handhelds are still toys.
                      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                      sigpic

Comment

They're not toys. It's just another form of entertainment.

That said the hand held market (especially Nintendo) has a "kiddie" reputation because the company's image has always been family friendly despite mature rated titles showing up now and then. In the case of the 3DS there's not as many M-rated games. Either way someone's opinion on the 3DS has no bearing on whether the game itself is good or not. It's his loss if he discards games merely because of what system they're released for.

Comment

They are all toys no matter how you spin it.

Anyone outside of gaming sees you flat on your ass playing on a game console and says "look at that grown man, playing like a lil' kid". And you go "but, BUT look at the blood, on the screen... LOOK AT MY CONSOLE... it has that skin I got that makes it look like its been through hell with all that battleground damage!.... it's MAHTOOR STUFF DAMMIT... look at the beer cans all over the sofa... I can't be a kid... you got it wrong... I'm being framed and stereotyped.... MOOOOOM!"

They're toys. Give it up.

P.S. Cars are toys too. The ones we drive around... toyz.
                          Last edited by Pikminister; 01-10-2012, 02:23 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

If you look at them as toys then that's on you. I've never used my car as a means of play time. I use it as transportation. Video games are just that. Games. Puzzles are games. There's trivia. They even make game shows on television.

It's a form of entertainment. Toys are a form of entertainment. Movies are a form of entertainment. But neither are the same.

I shouldn't have to clarify this to an adult, but lo and behold.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                              If you look at them as toys then that's on you. I've never used my car as a means of play time. I use it as transportation. Video games are just that. Games. Puzzles are games. There's trivia. They even make game shows on television.

It's a form of entertainment. Toys are a form of entertainment. Movies are a form of entertainment. But neither are the same.

I shouldn't have to clarify this to an adult, but lo and behold.
                              You probably don't get must visits or any action at your baseme...home.

Thus why you find it real funny that you ever have to explain being all twitchy with a console to an adult.

And lighten up princess... this ain't a serious topic. The one we obviously went off with.
                              sigpic

Comment

I never had to explain being a gamer to anyone. Older people who barely know anything about it can whinge that it's for kids all they like. Rock and roll music is apparently a bad influence for adults as well.....!

When the NES came out my Grandmother was all over that. And she played Mario and Tetris like a champ. My Dad was addicted to Crash Bandicoot after he got us a Playstation. One time he was so far into the game he canceled "Spaghetti Night" only to pause the game and grab his kids some fast food. So I guess I could say gaming has run in most of my family.

I wish my house came with a basement. Those are supposed to be the best places to set up a game room. Not just video games, but a pool table and Foosball. That would kick ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X