Messing around a bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messing around a bit

Im porting over some of the stuff Ive been working onto the main page. This will likely mess a whole lot up while I come to grips with what I've got myself into, so relax and enjoy the ride. Its going to be bumpy.

QUOTE TEST OF DOOM
    Main page should look half decent for now. I need to hire someone who can draw well to do a proper one ;P. Im still mopping up little glitches but if you notice anything let me know!
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-10-2007, 01:48 AM.

lolol @ new quote container images

Comment

YES! This is what happens when you just dive in face first! They'll be fixed, but for now they remain XD

Comment

Ill be adding css to the main page (which I should have done from the begining) so the text doesnt get all messed up. Im sure it looks horrid in IE and probably breaks a lot of the things I was going for ;D

After that Ill be adding a new forum skin which fits the main pages colors, but Ill also keep this old THIA one for anyone who wants to use it.
        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-06-2007, 10:21 PM.

Comment

These changes on the main page are really good.

Comment

There's a main page???
            Last edited by Project Omega; 05-07-2007, 08:54 PM. Reason: loling

Comment

Apparently there is.

And ugh, nice lack of transparency on the quote thingy

Comment

Yeah! Because I didnt just say that I would fix it when I had the time!

Anyway, Jerome is actually putting together a nice banner for the site until I can find an artist to do what I want ;). Its coming along rather nice.
                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-08-2007, 05:17 AM.

Comment

At this rate, it is going to take you years to get those content page filled out ;).

Comment

Yeah yeah Font sizes fixed for the most part now. Cut me some slack here, a friend showed up whos been away for a couple months

News poster's names are now able to be clicked and will take you to their profile page on the boards. Im considering making a space available for the avatar of the news poster but Im not sure how that would work since we have a very large avatar size here.
                    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-10-2007, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Have a "second" Avatar type thing with a limited, and uniform, size?

Comment

Actually yeah thats what I was thinking of using. We have the option to upload "profile pictures" but I have it disabled for all users. Ill look into sorting that but its going to take some actual coding by me so the process will most likely be slow

Comment

Edit: Hang on, mucking around still.

Edit2:

Alright, Im going to have the user icon for news posts be where the zombie is on my posts. So if you guys can please make a little icon for yourself following the same basic dimensions as the zombie (width can be the same as the height of the zombie -- http://www.the-horror.com/forums/dot50cal.gif ) or I can make yours off an image if you want. Try to make it blend into the background and not be overbearing, Ill edit yours to blend in more if needed.
                          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-10-2007, 07:35 AM.

Comment

A big thanks goes to Wesker from Survivhor for helping out and making a nice banner for the front page Its much better than my simple crap hack job of a wallapper ;D

Ill be trying to hire a professional artist to do a proper one but thats still a ways off, so for now we will use the one Wesker provided

Thanks Jerome!

Comment

Errrrr... this was just a test
                              You shoud remove it and wait until I submit you the final one. There is still a few details wich need to be worked out

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                              Ill be trying to hire a professional artist to do a proper one but thats still a ways off, so for now we will use the one Wesker provided
                              I am a professional graphic designer ^^
                              Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

Working...
                              X