No announcement yet.

Viral Website Teasing Resident Evil 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viral Website Teasing Resident Evil 6?

File this one under "RUMOR," for now, but a new viral website NoHopeLeft.com has appeared on the Internet, possibly teasing the reveal of Resident Evil 6 on January 19th, 2012.

The website contains photos taken in locations from all over the world where the words "No Hope Left" and what appears to be a biohazard symbol have been spraypainted on various buildings, vehicles, etc. There are also a few brief videos, one of which shows a woman speaking in Mandarin begging for help. You may recall that several Chinese actors recently listed Resident Evil 6 on their resumes. A possible connection?

Adding further fuel to the fire, members of NeoGAF have discovered that the site's Whois data is the same as the Resident Evil Operation: Raccoon City viral website, "Inserted Evil," with both sites appearing under the registrar "WEBFUSION LTD." Finally, a billboard seen in one of the photos bears the logo for "Primesight," which has since confirmed that Capcom is behind the billboard.

IGN has the full scoop.

To see the site itself, head on over to NoHopeLeft.com.

Very cool! I hope this means we will at least get a trailer and some gameplay footage this E3. Can't wait for more information tomorrow, along with the Revelations demo on the 3DS eShop.
    Last edited by PracticalAl; 01-18-2012, 12:59 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
      There are also a few brief videos, one of which shows a woman speaking in Mandarin begging for help. You may recall that several Chinese actors recently listed Resident Evil 6 on their resumes. A possible connection?
      Good catch.

They're probably paving the way for the unveiling of the game at E3... maybe even at Friday's Biohazard 15th anniversary event.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

We'll find out tomorrow, I guess. I'm kinda wondering myself. It's registered to a UK company, but that could be just to stop sneaky internet weasels finding out about it early.

Comment

It better be real this time. I'm tired of fake RE6 trailers/ads popping out a few days before events where the game might be unveiled.
          And even if it's true I'm expecting a vague trailer that won't reflect the final game at all like usual. Hopefully we'll know who's the lead at least.

Comment

I don't want to hype myself for disappointment, especially after that last fake RE6 trailer, but damn, I don't know what else this could be. I doubt it's Dead Rising, and I doubt even more that Capcom would be doing a new IP... Well we'll find out tomorrow I guess...

Comment

Herewego.gif
              sigpic

Comment

It's either nothing or Resident Evil. I doubt Capcom would announce a new Dead Rising (wasn't 3 announced already anyway?) or a new IP at a RE anniversary event.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this could be Resident Evil. what else could be? And it's not like that fake RE6 trailer where there was no indication that Capcom had something to do with it.

Comment

I FUCKING LOVE IT.

Seriously absolutely crazy psyched for this! The video of the Chinese girl is simple, a little cliche, but utterly brilliant.

YES PLEASE, CAPCOM I AM ONCE AGAIN READY TO SELL MY SOUL FOR YOU.
                    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

I found the video good as well. If it's real then it has to be zombies. I liked how in the video she was attacked but you didn't see what got her. Makes you wonder what it is and I think this is for RE6 for sure.

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                      I FUCKING LOVE IT.

Seriously absolutely crazy psyched for this! The video of the Chinese girl is simple, a little cliche, but utterly brilliant.

YES PLEASE, CAPCOM I AM ONCE AGAIN READY TO SELL MY SOUL FOR YOU.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

More needless hype from "viral marketing". When the game is announced then I'll actually care. Till then I'd rather not waste my time.

Comment

I hate to ruin the potential for a party but this viral marketing is related to Paul W. S. Anderson's next movie, Resident Evil: Retribution. A teaser for which will be released tommorow. This has nothing to do with Resident Evil 6.

Comment

And it's this back and forth that is why I tire of viral marketing. Get's people talking, but a lot of the time they get worked up over basically nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh-san View Post
                              I hate to ruin the potential for a party but this viral marketing is related to Paul W. S. Anderson's next movie, Resident Evil: Retribution. A teaser for which will be released tommorow. This has nothing to do with Resident Evil 6.
                              Does Capcom usually make ads and viral campaigns for the movies? I honestly don't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X