No announcement yet.

Viral Website Teasing Resident Evil 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resident Evil / Biohazard is ultimately Capcom's property, and film companies only receive permission from Capcom to do any Resident Evil film. Hence the relation. It seems people seriously underestimate Capcom's approval of Paul's film series, which wouldn't exist without Capcom's blessings.

Comment

Well yeah but I don't remember a viral campaign for any other RE movie before, let alone one that looks this big.
      You're most likely right though, better expect a teaser for that stupid movie and get surprised if it's not the case. At least there's the Revelations demo.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh-san View Post
        Resident Evil / Biohazard is ultimately Capcom's property, and film companies only receive permission from Capcom to do any Resident Evil film. Hence the relation. It seems people seriously underestimate Capcom's approval of Paul's film series, which wouldn't exist without Capcom's blessings.
        OK this is getting silly... All the marketing for the RE movies is done by Sony Pictures Entertainment not Capcom. Capcom barely has a budget to promote their games less alone promote films all over the dang planet.

This PR stunt seems to have been created and designed exclusively by Capcom. Whatever the hell they're promoting with it, its something that they are trying to sell. It does not involve Sony or some other corporation. Its Capcom.

So lets start making some half-baked theories over what it could be... but based on what Capcom can deliver. Not Sony.
        Last edited by Pikminister; 01-18-2012, 06:44 PM.
        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

Sony Pictures derives the rights to do Resident Evil films from Capcom. And as I've already said, there's no reason for any theorizing, this viral marketing is for Resident Evil: Retribution and the date is for the release of a teaser for that film. There's nothing wild about Capcom loaning assets or granting access (to such assets, properties or markets) to Sony Pictures to promote a Resident Evil film, which is exactly what this is. Not to mention that Capcom would most definately directly market this film themselves, since they do approve of it and it does have the Capcom seal of approval and most important of all, Capcom profits from the films. Capcom JP wants Resident Evil: Retribution and Sony/Paul are more than willing to oblige (even if it's another one of Paul's vanity projects). Pikminster's trolling nonsense notwithstanding.
          Last edited by Josh-san; 01-18-2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

I don't think Capcom gives a fuck about the movies, I mean, I don't remember even seeing their logo or name on the movies' opening or credits.

Comment

All the films are derived from Capcom's permissions. Contracts that Capcom entered into with other companies who have proven the do turn profit by making these films. Paul's Resident Evil films have actually been profitable and worth the investor's money (in a monetary sense). Why people think Capcom JP has nothing to do with the films is probably due to misinformation. Capcom gives a fuck about these films in that they help promote the Resident Evil label and by extention interest in the Resident Evil video games and above all, they make a profit. Capcom is interested in the profit the films make and not the films themselves, so in a sense they don't give a fuck about them but in so far as they make money, they do give a fuck about that.
              Last edited by Josh-san; 01-18-2012, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Sony Pictures derives the rights to do Resident Evil films from Capcom. And as I've already said, there's no reason for any theorizing, this viral marketing is for Resident Evil: Retribution and the date is for the release of a teaser for that film. There's nothing wild about Capcom loaning assets or granting access (to such assets, properties or markets) to Sony Pictures to promote a Resident Evil film, which is exactly what this is. Not to mention that Capcom would most definately directly market this film themselves, since they do approve of it and it does have the Capcom seal of approval and most important of all, Capcom profits from the films. Capcom JP wants Resident Evil: Retribution and Sony/Paul are more than willing to oblige (even if it's another one of Paul's vanity projects). Pikminster's trolling nonsense notwithstanding.
                And yes, according to this logic from the great mind and insight of the one and only Josh-San, Marvel is in charge of promoting the next Spider-Man and we can all expect to see them spend billions promoting it... because after all, Spider-Man is owned by them and only they can promote it... and stuff.

Now, I understand why Josh-Chan would get all butthurt since with only 6 posts he doesn't wanna look like an imbecile here. And I don't disagree that it may be that Sony gave Capcom some cash to help promote the film among the RE fanbase... its just that this sort of thing seems in line with what Capcom (not Sony) has been delivering as of late wwith their ORC, Revelations PR campaigns (websites, "fake" Blair Witch type videos, etc.).

In any case, we shall soon find out the truth.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                  OK this is getting silly... All the marketing for the RE movies is done by Sony Pictures Entertainment not Capcom. Capcom barely has a budget to promote their games less alone promote films all over the dang planet.

This PR stunt seems to have been created and designed exclusively by Capcom. Whatever the hell they're promoting with it, its something that they are trying to sell. It does not involve Sony or some other corporation. Its Capcom.

So lets start making some half-baked theories over what it could be... but based on what Capcom can deliver. Not Sony.
                  This.

It's not the new shitty movie. Capcom has nothing to do with them besides the franchise name. Besides, why would the website have anything to do with an outbreak/the areas of the world going to shit if it was? The world already went to shit 2 movies ago. But then again, I'm giving Paul to much credit to be consistent, considering the 3rd movie was a desert, but everything's magically fixed in Afterlife.

Maybe it's not RE6 related, but I'm pretty positive it has nothing to do with the crappy movie... Also how is Pikminister trolling?... lol wut
                  Last edited by Spera01; 01-18-2012, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Enjoy the Resident Evil: Retribution trailer tommorow.
                    Last edited by Josh-san; 01-18-2012, 06:59 PM.

Comment

The Retribution trailer is coming out with the new Underworld movie and it'll come out only in March.

Comment

Enjoy the Resident Evil: Retribution trailer tommorow.
                        That's a much worse insult than calling me a troll.
                        sigpic

Comment

Why would the viral ad feature a Chinese woman speaking Mandarin, if the movie takes place in Tokyo, Japan?.. o.o...

Chinese actors/actresses with RE6 on resume, and now an ad with Chinese woman, pretty much seals the deal for me. We shall see tomorrow. Whatever happens, at least there's the RE:REV demo tomorrow.
                          Last edited by PracticalAl; 01-18-2012, 07:09 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Milla (Paul's wife) tweeted ""Gotta get back 2 work! So now OFFICIALLY paul got an email saying the RE:RETRIBUTION teaser will be out -and I quote- "tomorrow thurs. the 19th at 1pm EST/10am PST. US is launching with Yahoo Movies and int'l markets are each securing a local launch site (whatever that means! Lol!) the trailer will launch on the official movie site http://www.residentevil-movie.com as well".
                            Last edited by Josh-san; 01-18-2012, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Milla (Paul's wife) tweeted ""Gotta get back 2 work! So now OFFICIALLY paul got an email saying the RE:RETRIBUTION teaser will be out -and I quote- "tomorrow thurs. the 19th at 1pm EST/10am PST. US is launching with Yahoo Movies and int'l markets are each securing a local launch site (whatever that means! Lol!) the trailer will launch on the official movie site http://www.residentevil-movie.com as well".
                              Why would they go through the money and trouble to create a campaign leading to a reveal when they're outright telling everybody what it is.

Comment

They assume you don't follow Milla on Twitter. Or assume you won't find her Twitter account. Or she wasn't suppose to leak out that info but didn't know any better and obviously isn't fully aware of the marketing strategy being used. But thanks to her for the leak anyway. She comes across as oblivious about certain things and isn't fully aware of what's going on with the movie. Hence she says things like "whatever that means! LOL".
                                Last edited by Josh-san; 01-18-2012, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X