No announcement yet.

Viral Website Teasing Resident Evil 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would Capcom voluntarily waste money to advertise a film series they have nothing to do with? We all know Capcom and how much they love money.... Besides, we've known about the trailer coming for a while now, news hasn't only been on Millas twitter. News about this godforsaken movie has been all over many sites.

Comment

The matching dates (as given in the viral marketing) are not coincidence, they are deliberate. Anyway, news about when a trailer or teaser would be released hasn't been around since the viral marketing campaign and Milla's info. That you and others are so opposed to this being Retribution marketing makes the reveal all that much more sad. I too wish it was Resident Evil 6 but it's not.
      Last edited by Josh-san; 01-18-2012, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
        Why would they go through the money and trouble to create a campaign leading to a reveal when they're outright telling everybody what it is.
        Exactly... Milla's been Tweeting about the film for weeks and releasing videos.

Everyone and their dog knows about this RE movie coming out. We've known about it since the last one was still in theaters.

If this is in fact a RE movie promotional campaign... what a waste of money. Especially for Capcom. If true, they won't be able to complain about Revelations and ORC not selling shit because they used up all their PR budget promoting a film that is actually being released by Sony.

It just sounds so insane... Unless the movie to be unveiled is that gci flick... Damnation.
        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

The viral marketing was to leak out the date of the release for a trailer of Retribution. That's all this is. And it's viral marketing for a live action movie, not a video game. And that movie is Paul's RE: Retribution. Let us hope it'll be good for a change? I want to see what they are doing with RE 6 just as bad as all of you, but we'll have to wait a bit longer for that reveal.
          Last edited by Josh-san; 01-18-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh-san View Post
            Milla (Paul's wife) tweeted ""Gotta get back 2 work! So now OFFICIALLY paul got an email saying the RE:RETRIBUTION teaser will be out -and I quote- "tomorrow thurs. the 19th at 1pm EST/10am PST. US is launching with Yahoo Movies and int'l markets are each securing a local launch site (whatever that means! Lol!) the trailer will launch on the official movie site http://www.residentevil-movie.com as well".
            The viral website says 14.00 PDT. Unless I'm mistaken that's not 10 am but 2 pm so something isn't right.

Comment

At least the waiting period to find out is short enough.

Comment

Why would they waste money putting together a viral site to promote a movie that we already KNEW was coming, and yet again, has NOTHING to do with Capcom? I agree with Pikminister... It's insane to believe it.... Unless it is Damnation, which I could actually see. Especially since there has NOT been any news on it.

Comment

It has everything to do with Capcom. Quit re-assigning blame just because you don't want to associate Capcom with shitty movies. Anyway, the differences in time may be due to the trailer/teaser being released at slightly different times in different regions, as implied by Milla's tweet. She spoke of each region setting up their own reveal outlet and securing their own launch independently. Either way, Capcom is responsible for Paul's film series, which we all know and love. Capcom even chose Paul over George A. Romero (which some say, based upon reflections of George's script, was a good idea). Also Capcom has been known to be quite insane (cancelling MML3 for example was total insanity).
                  Last edited by Josh-san; 01-18-2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh-san View Post
                    It has everything to do with Capcom. Quit re-assigning blame just because you don't want to associate Capcom with shitty movies. Anyway, the differences in time may be due to the trailer/teaser being released at slightly different times in different regions, as implied by Milla's tweet. She spoke of each region setting up their own reveal outle and securing their own launch independently.
                    I'm talking about the same time zone lol. Website says 14.00 PDT, Milla 10 am PST. It simply doesn't match.
                    If it's supposed to be another region they wouldn't use an American time zone but GMT for example.

Comment

No, it really doesn't. Sony handles the RE movies, not Capcom. I have yet to see ANY involvement from Capcom in the movies. Don't want to associate Capcom with shitty movies? You think I'd care if Capcom did or not? I don't, I'm just telling the truth. I have yet to see why Capcom would want to waste THEIR money on something that they are not making.

If they are, and you're right, good for you and good for capcom. Perhaps they're not as greedy as they look if they're blindly throwing money out. But I HIGHLY doubt they would.

Comment

The viral site was created last week. Why would they go through all of this trouble of hiring a marketing company, put ads, films short videos and create a website for a campaing that's going to last a week for a movie everyone knows is already coming out?

Comment

So, are we suggesting a Resident Evil: Retribution premier and a Resident Evil 6 reveal on the same day? Anyway, the viral site isn't specifically tied to the movie yet so no one was suppose to know what the viral site was about until the reveal. So nobody knew it had anything to do with Retribution and most information about Retribution was kept secret. They want to reveal the secret info in exciting ways. It's advertising. Plus it's a way to tempt folks into theatres. We don't know all the plot and story details for Retribution.
                          Last edited by Josh-san; 01-18-2012, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                            The viral site was created last week. Why would they go through all of this trouble of hiring a marketing company, put ads, films short videos and create a website for a campaing that's going to last a week for a movie everyone knows is already coming out?
                            There you go.

Too much mystery over a film we all know about. Even among mainstream consumers.

BTW... is Sony going to return the favor and promote Revelations and ORC for Capcom? since according to Josh-San, they're bosom buddies when it comes to marketing each others products.
                            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                            sigpic

Comment

I wouldent get my hopes up just yet ... we have been let down countless times
                              this could be just another one.

Comment

Retribution doesn't even have a website yet, so it's also related to that. Not everything about Retribution has been revealed. Indeed, almost nothing has other than the fact that they are working on another live action Resident Evil movie. It doesn't matter that the site was put up a week ago, it means a week ago they decided to initiate a marketing campaign for the movie. There's not even a website for Retribution yet and you folks keep acting like everyone knows everything about Retribution so there are no surprises to be had. Point is, there is still a lot of marketing and promotion for Retribution to be done. Almost a year of post-production and marketing till it's release (fall 2012? later in 2012?). They are just now beginning their promotional and marketing campaigns. We'll see alot more. This viral site was just the beginning of promotions. If you recall, there were viral sites for the Dark Knight long after people knew it was in production and after it was officially anounced. Yet despite that, there was still an extensive viral campaign for the Dark Knight, a movie that some people already knew was in the works and had already been anounced. Also, as with the case of the Dark Knight, Retribution was anounced before it was even shot. They only recently wrapped up filming it (December 2011). So the movie was only recently completed. It makes sense to start promoting in January and for many months after.
                                Last edited by Josh-san; 01-18-2012, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X