No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure the main reason for setting this in 2008 is to avoid explaining why Jill isn't in the game. Honestly it's a really bad move. If all this mess happens before 5 why everyone still refers to Raccoon City as the biggest disaster in history? This is much worse and also recent...
    If it's indeed 2008 this is going to be the biggest retcon in RE history.

Comment

From my Facebook timeline:

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWellington View Post
        But i think the blonde girl with baldy is Sherry
        Nope. That's definitely Carolyn Lawrence... a.k.a. Ashley Graham.

Its the same voice actress that does the Sandy Cheeks voice.
        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

Why is everyone assuming that the blonde chick and the bald guy are characters from previous games? Did I miss something in the trailer? They're probably brand new characters. All this speculation is ridiculous.

As for the trailer, I can say that Leon's segments (in the town full of zombies) look way more interesting than Chris's COD/Michael Bay film. Driving tanks? Shooting at what look like uninfected people wielding firearms? No, fuck no. That is not Resident Evil. Didn't Capcom learn their damn lesson from the later chapters in RE5? Chris's segments just look like a typical dime-a-dozen shooter that everyone and their grandma seems to crave, and this is the last thing RE needs more of.

As much as I like to see Leon and Chris in the same game, I would have rather seen a Claire/Leon or Claire/Chris combo. The fact that Claire is probably not in this game is a huge letdown to me, as she is my favorite character and has been relegated to rail shooters, a crappy non-canon TPS, and a CGI film as of late. Chris is becoming the main character of the series with his inclusion in all the recent games, and I don't like it. He's dull as shit. Oh well, at least Leon is back, even if it is his boring Degeneration self. He looks different and better in my opinion, though.

I rather like the idea of having three or four separate stories intertwining together, as it reminds me of RE2. I didn't see Ada in the trailer, however, so as of now I'm taking her appearance in this game as just a rumor.

I really hope this doesn't utilize the same co-op crap that RE5 did. I hope that Capcom learned their lesson and will save co-op for Mercenaries and extra modes. It seems that there will be a partner system, but hopefully it will be like Revelations where the AI partner can't be injured. I'd really prefer no partner at all, though - it's much more horrifying that way. At least RE4 did that part right.

I don't mind the lack of Jill, as she's gotten too much attention as of late. Unfortunately, Capcom doesn't feel the same way about Chris.
          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
            Why is everyone assuming that the blonde chick and the bald guy are characters from previous games? Did I miss something in the trailer? They're probably brand new characters. All this speculation is ridiculous.
            Everytime a new character is introduced people will first think they are old characters coming back, like when Irving showed up people thought he was Steve (I shit you not).

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
              Everytime a new character is introduced people will first think they are old characters coming back, like when Irving showed up people thought he was Steve (I shit you not).
              Well, they were both extremely annoying with awful voices...
              A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                Dude, its not ridiculous. The blonde's voice is exactly the same as Carolyn Lawrence's voice. The same high pitch irritating voice. Its Ashley Graham.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm still not entirely sold that this is set before RE5. Yes, I know they say it's been ten years since the Raccoon City incident, but they said the same thing about RE5, and it was ultimately set in 2009. Besides, as long as it's not set in September 2009 or later, it'll still have technically been ten years since Raccoon City. But whatever.

As for Jill not being in the game, if it is set before RE5, then the reason is obvious. However, even if it is set after RE5, the reason should still be pretty obvious. At most, a few months would have passed since her ordeal with Wesker came to an end, and it's not so hard to believe that she may still be recovering. Heck, given what she went through with Wesker, it's not unreasonable to assume that she's taken a break from fighting bioterrorism, if not quit completely. The BSAA probably wouldn't be too keen on her jumping right back into the field, and I'm sure Chris wouldn't want her to do that, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                    Dude, its not ridiculous. The blonde's voice is exactly the same as Carolyn Lawrence's voice. The same high pitch irritating voice. Its Ashley Graham.
                    I re-watched the trailer, and you may have a point. But I still don't think the bald guy is anyone from past games.
                    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• You know, this could actually be the true conclusion to the series. With all the different outbreaks (and different viruses/parasites (I am damn sure I saw plagas during Chris/New Guy's portions and possibly the G-Virus) it really seems like the ultimate event in RE chronology.

THIS is the game that should've come after RE4, IMO.
                      A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                        I re-watched the trailer, and you may have a point. But I still don't think the bald guy is anyone from past games.
                        Like I said on the other thread... I've watched a ton of Spongebob cartoons thanks to my niece. And that blonde's voice is exactly the same as Carolyn Lawrence's voice. The actress that played Ashley in RE4 and Sandy Cheeks in the Spongebob toons. I even re-watched the pre-rendered cutscenes from RE4 just to make sure. Its the same damn voice.

About the bald guy... I dunno who he is.

EDIT: My guess is that he could be Alex Wesker.
                        Last edited by Pikminister; 01-19-2012, 07:27 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Given his comment about his blood, I would wager Alex Wesker is the most likely candidate, assuming he's not a new character entirely.

It's also possible that the syringe we see him injecting himself with is the same compound Wesker used in RE5 to keep his virus in check.

Comment

• I just want the series to die at this point, it's so painful seeing what it's become.

Comment

• Dual-wielding confirmed?

Comment

• Thinking about it more I'm starting to doubt him being Alex Wesker, Alex killed and experimented on untold amounts of people. Would he really be one of the stars of the game (yeah yeah Wolfpack, not the same)...and a mercenary helping Ashley? Makes me wonder if he is in fact another Wesker child thought to have died.

Keep an ear out for one of the names Derek, Hans, Hiro, Jonah, Ken, Marco, Miles and William.
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X