X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CVG RE6 article + screens galore!

SOURCE: Resident Evil 6 trailer dissected - 101 screens
    A closer look at the action and horror of Capcom's latest Resi offering
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
      Truth be told I'm expecting a delay till March of 2013.
      dont jinx it please...
      Last edited by xfactor; 01-19-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• i squealled like a school girl when i saw this on RE's facebook and hurryed on over to THIA, ill probably be here reading in between the lines and finding dirt for everyone if i can omg im soooo excited

although, im kinda bumed cause leon loocks a bit in his mid 40's now, so its sure to be dated more in the future. and i see there are new characters as usual
        EDIT
        well ive watched the trailer three times now and i think i have a rought idea how the game is gunna be set up, there will maybe be three playable campaigns almost like RE2, leons story, chriss's storie, and the new guys story.

the new guy obviously looks like he was inspired by either wesker or alice, i cant make up my mind, he could be super human, he almost seems like he knows what hes dealing with

another note, either the G-virus has been release into the city or some new virus similar to it has been released, because im seeing giant eyese and large arms

the new tyrant (B.O.W.) looks horrible, no idea put into him whatsoever, looks like a total rip off from RISE OF NIGHTMARES ugh

im still hoping for the best, but this is what i have gotten from the trailer
        EDIT
        another thing i like to point out (why all of you have no brains)
        obviously what happens when there is a zombe outbreak??? LOOTERS!!!! it happens in natural disasters all over the world... i lived through hurricane katrina i should know

so obvioulsy chriss and his team are probably shooting at LOOTERS who think that they are cops trying to stop LOOTERS from taking shit... phew im glad i got that off my chest
        Last edited by Itashious_boy; 01-19-2012, 11:53 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• The woman with Leon is confirmed to be named Helena Harper. The male character (currently theorized as HUNK or Alex Wesker) is still unnamed, as is his female partner, and so is Chris's squadmate. I think one of the creatures is named "J'avo" or "I'avo." It was kinda hard to read.

Also, looks the zombies will have some new attacks: this one is seen chucking a pipe at Leon.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_ly3aj06QSt1qacbrmo1_500.gif
Views:	1
Size:	979.2 KB
ID:	400827
          Last edited by LVL100 Merchant; 01-20-2012, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Essentially ganados with a zombie shell from the look of it. Smart enough to use blunt objects. There's another one holding a pipe too.

Comment

• I don't think they're that fast and aggressive like ganados but considering the over the shoulder view, they should be more active than "classic" zombies to be even a threat. Or else it would just be a headshot fest... no challenge.
              Judging by the images, you can't just stop and start shooting, as there are a lot of them. Itd be nice to have to run for a change to evade being eaten ( not like in re 4 or 5 ).

28 days later zombies it seems... probably a modification of the t virus?

I like how the 4 different gameplay styles, being leons the darker, horror one.
              I hope there's some horror into the rest of them...
              Last edited by Neoblast; 01-20-2012, 05:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                So, watching the trailer again, does anyone else think the graphics resemble the latest Silent Hill?
                You would be right though it actually reminded me of REmake; not so much lack of lighting but just the fact that they were able make the shadows pitch black which I loved in REmake but wondered if it would ever be replicated in high-quality in this generation. Turns out I was right.

Comment

• Now that I have digested that trailer I have very serious concerns that this series has detracted so far away from any of the reasons why I loved & played it so often, to begin with. I fear this really is R.I.P to survival horror & puzzle based game-play interjected with ammo sparse combat. The mindless masses have won. Don't tell me Leon's scenario is survival horror, or quote anything Capcom have to say regarding survival horror post RE4. I hope to be pursuaded otherwise with further developments.
                  I don't want to condemn on just 1 trailer but it does not look like the 'leap' in development that we were assured by Capcom ~ I thought they had learned from their mistakes with RE5 but perhaps not ?
                  Last edited by GEORGE TREVOR; 01-20-2012, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• Some new info on RE6 from Japan: http://i.joystiq.com/2012/01/20/new-...ed-from-japan/

Forgive me if this was already posted somewhere else. There's three RE6 threads going on at once, haha!
                    sigpic

Comment

• It's blatantly obvious that the female partner of 'baldy' is Ashley.

--> President dies

--> Where does Ashley go???

It sounds like her anyways.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Neoblast View Post
                        I like how the 4 different gameplay styles, being leons the darker, horror one.
                        I hope there's some horror into the rest of them...
                        Just out of curiosity - how does darkness automatically make something horror? I'm curious about this since many people seem to equate horror with a dark environment. Sure, it aids horror, but other than an association with "horror" movies of the past utilizing darkness, why are people often automatic to say dark = horror?

Comment

• Horror has been gone from the series for a long time. If I wanted real horror, I'd play Amnesia or Penumbra.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Hopefully there will be at leas in leons scenary , along with some puzzles in tall oaks.
                            They sure made a bet on atmosphere now, look at that library, the corridor, the subway and the zombie shdows running...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
                              It's blatantly obvious that the female partner of 'baldy' is Ashley.

--> President dies

--> Where does Ashley go???

It sounds like her anyways.
                              It's very likely her. Its the same exact high pitch irritating voice. I've done voice comparisons already and its the same voice actress by all accounts.

I think after surviving the events of RE4 she took it upon herself to train her ass and stop being such a wuss. And after the death of her father, that only made her more determined to take charge of every situation she faced. Maybe even did the whole Bruce Wayne thing and trained in Tibet.
                              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Wonder who Chris is referring to as ''THAT BITCH!,'' and I also theorize that it's either Hunk, or Alex Wesker. Hunk could be a bit more likely after what we see in ORC, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X