Resident Evil 6 Trailer #1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
    Alyson Court confirmed she's not in RE6 already, and if there was anyone in the series who we don't need to worry about being replaced with a new actor anytime soon it would be her. So Claire is out.

You got me on Jill for the time being. Capcom is said to have confirmed Ada Wong as a returning character and didn't bother to mention Jill in trailer or game description. Doesn't mean she won't be in it, but given what we do know about the game thus far the main characters are the three male leads the trailer focuses on. And that's why I doubt much involvement from her if any. You have two previous leads leading the next game. Why can't they be supporting roles themselves?

EDIT: As far as if the RE girls need starring roles I believe they do. RE4 and RE5 cater to the action genre and have the standard plot outline of cliche'd male protagonist rescues damsel and fights off rival.

Why would it be a problem to have Claire or Jill star in a main game again? I guess Revelations is the closest thing we'll get for Jill, but sadly it takes place before RE5 so I don't expect much to impact her character. Claire is definitely a missed opportunity given her downtime near the end of Code Veronica and Degeneration where Chris and Leon step in to remove the final monster in those encounters.
    Even though I know it's mostly being the red-headed step child of the upcoming games, Operation Raccoon City features completely equal parts male/female cast, and the leader of the USS squad is even a female (which I think is really awesome). Also, while she's not terribly important to the story, Sheva is just about on part with Chris for the whole of RE5. I do agree however, that it sucks that it sucks that the females in RE6 seem to mainly be regulated to side kicks for their male heroes (although maybeAshley does look pretty badass in the trailer, and she's seen helping out maybeAlex a couple of times).

Comment

• Originally posted by LVL100 Merchant View Post
      Even though I know it's mostly being the red-headed step child of the upcoming games, Operation Raccoon City features completely equal parts male/female cast, and the leader of the USS squad is even a female (which I think is really awesome). Also, while she's not terribly important to the story, Sheva is just about on part with Chris for the whole of RE5. I do agree however, that it sucks that it sucks that the females in RE6 seem to mainly be regulated to side kicks for their male heroes (although maybeAshley does look pretty badass in the trailer, and she's seen helping out maybeAlex a couple of times).
      ORC is handled by slant six who for the most part seem to handle their characters equally. Spec Ops and USS both have an equal set on each side. They also have given us a Heroes Mode which, poor design choices aside, looks fun so far. Although how Lone Wolf fits with the classic characters escapes me.

As far as Sheva is concerned she's not the main character. This is Chris' story. All the ties to show this come from the main villain Wesker to Jill as the reason Chris pursues instead of retreating. You have to play as him by default and can only unlock hosting as Sheva by beating the game. Otherwise you can only play as her by joining someone else's run as Chris.

I think Code Veronica was a tricky game because Claire was the main character in that game, and then Chris steals the spotlight by the end. They even do a re-release to emphasize the inevitable showdown Chris and Wesker will have. And in that Chris has to save Jill.

So the ladies are kind of getting pushed aside. Jill at least has Revelations even if it is on a hand held device instead of being on a console. Claire should star in another game again. But that would require the macho action heroes to take a few steps back and stop saving the damsels for a change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
        Pretty silly to think that a series survives by changing what made it successful. The classic games hold extremely well in sales. But if a Gear of Evil is required for the series to survive then let's see how long this action trend can last for them.
        its true the the old resident evil were very successful for their time but things change and the game has to change to one good example of this is the new camera angles but i get your point let's hope they can make the best of both worlds

Comment

• Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
          I think you just described what is known as the Sonic cycle. . .
          Yeah, that's what I based it off of, to try and make a quick joke - since RE fans and gamers in general are fickle. But I'm sure the joke has been made here before and on other sites. Archelon said he'd made the joke here before, so I'm surely not being original. And the Sonic/RE cycle will be stated again here on this site in the future, I'm also sure of.

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          I'm not seeing anything game breaking yet, just worrying. Chris fighting possibly uninfected enemies, Leon's power slide ability and Baldy punching out enemies that also don't seem to be infected by do seem to have robbed a carnival is kinda worrying. Not enough to make me think it'll be shit, but enough to make me cautious.
          Why can't Chris fight uninfected enemies? Because it's not horror? I can see your concern, but perhaps they are the bio-terrorists. Makes sense that there are the evil humans that release/create the monsters that would also need to be killed/stopped (the bio-terrorists, I mean). If so, then I like it as it adds some realism to the situation...even if it is something rare in the series. I just hope that it only occurs briefly as opposed to turning into a regular ol' shoot-'em-up...which the series is trying to do it seems.

I just really hope the Majini are gone or modified to a point where they aren't such a crap enemy. If you're gonna have a smart enemy, have them act remotely intelligently.
          The Ganados and Majini were supposed to possess some capabilities associated with intelligence, yes, which is why I still don't get the argument that they shouldn't have had automatic weapons or rode motorcycles in RE5. I mean, in the later stages of RE4 the Ganados had miniguns and all throughout they used crossbows and drove vehicles. So limited intelligence has been shown in the recenty entries to the series. But yes, the AI is terrible.

And even in the new trailer, the zombies have pipes and appear to throw things, ala the ganados/majini...
          Last edited by Jill's Boob; 01-22-2012, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• The entire game looks really good to me.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
              As a single SKU, RE2 is still the best selling title on release selling just shy of 5 million units on the PS1 alone - not including the Dual Shock rerelease. Capcom had cheated on RE5's sales a bit by not breaking down the sales into multiple platforms like they used to and even included gold edition sales into the overall. That said as a title 5 is well over 6 million units now and is the best seller as far as the franchise is concerned.
              I don't believe the Gold Edition sales are factored into Capcoms total on their site, I was watching it creep up and it never recieved a jump near Gold Edition release. I tried asking Sven on CU once and he said it isn't consistant since some games that reached 1 million aren't listed but others are. RE5 still sells through platinum hits/classics lines. Apparently sells well digitally, was 17th top seller on PSN in December.
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                I don't believe the Gold Edition sales are factored into Capcoms total on their site, I was watching it creep up and it never recieved a jump near Gold Edition release. I tried asking Sven on CU once and he said it isn't consistant since some games that reached 1 million aren't listed but others are. RE5 still sells through platinum hits/classics lines. Apparently sells well digitally, was 17th top seller on PSN in December.
                It did jump as I recall. Stats for July 2009 put it just over 5 million units, then it jumped around 400,000 units in the IR report put up in 2010 even though the Gold Edition was only on sale for a short time in that FY. I somehow don't believe that, while yes it was selling good still, but that the base version sold 500,000 units by April 2010 was not just the original version. It took 2 months from May to July for Capcom to sell 30,000 further units of the game and bump it into the 5 million sales according to their own PR material, so by end of March 2010 even if that stayed consistant at around 15,000 per month (and thats a stretch to believe it would stay consistant) it would have only sold around 120,000 more copies. Thats quite a bit short.

PC wasn't counted on there, and considering the Gold Edition on 360 was just RE5 with a DLC code I wouldn't be surprised. It's still speculative, I know and I should have said that to begin with, but it's with good basis I feel and the fact Capcom won't deny it probably helps my point a bit.

That PSN December sales boost was helped by the fact it was heavily discounted twice in the month, once as part of a discount in Nov that went into Dec and happened again for a few days later in the month during the Xmas Sale (discounted by almost half, and PSN+ users got an even bigger discount - for example here it went down to around $22NZD from $80 for a PSN+ member).

This is still reletively a quibble about it. I just think it's more silly that this generation Capcom has not listed its numbers by platform like it used to. I don't know if it's a change worldwide and other developers to do as well, but basically it's just trying to make sure it's releases look better to it's shareholders with higher looking numbers.

Smiley - I don't at all disagree with your thoughts on it, but I guess I'm seeing Capcom Japan, specifically producers and dev teams, reluctance to put all their eggs in one basket design wise... otherwise we wouldn't have Revelations and ORC at almost two ends, and RE6 looking quite actiony but trying to remind old fans it still wants to wink at them with another small town zombie looking outbreak. I think the Western Capcom offices are saying we want action, look it sells, and it's what the market wants when you look at all the other games selling. In fact, I know I read something just the other day...

Capcom UK's head of marketing, Dave Turner, pointed out to MCV ahead of the Resident Evil 6 reveal that action-focused Resident Evil 5 is in fact the series' biggest seller, and even revealed aspirations to attract Call of Duty players.

Asked why the series has taken a more action-focussed stance - specifically with Operation Raccoon City - Turner said:

"We've seen the popularity of Resident Evil increase massively as the series became more action oriented - Resident Evil 5 is the biggest seller in the series. So, it makes sense for us to follow this action area more fully."

He added of Operation Raccoon City: "The dream would be that the millions of Call of Duty fans that are enjoying these fast-paced online games are attracted to this Resident Evil."
                The sauce - http://www.computerandvideogames.com...e-makes-sense/

When you see that... well... ugh. But it shows my point. Like any biz they're going to listen to the $ over the whiny sounds of us complaining. Simple point is to vote with your wallet on the type of RE experience you enjoy and they'll more likely make it, unfortunately at this point we've gone too far for that probably because RE6 will probably sell well based on how many enjoyed the last 2. And for that reason I think this is the style we're going to see for some time to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  The entire game looks really good to me.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	kollanarendra__7_scary.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	400839

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6017[/ATTACH]
                    I was going to type out some long-winded shit and got halfway done before deciding "fuck it".

Comment

• Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but the zombies Leon spin kicks are all naked and almost skeletons. Perhaps they're going to be like the old laboratory zombies?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	hurr-durr-derp-face-why-so-serious.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	400840

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                          Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but the zombies Leon spin kicks are all naked and almost skeletons. Perhaps they're going to be like the old laboratory zombies?
                          Or graveyard zombies, like CODE:Veronica. He is standing right outside a church.

Comment

• I wonder if Chris switches between being part of an SOU and being an SOA in this game.

In the China portion, he's obviously wearing gear much closer to his custom SOA uniform, but in Europe, his uniform is more in line with what Beards is wearing, and it even has "SOU" branded on the sleeves. I suppose the change of clothing could simply have something to do with the climate, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Chris' gear in RE5 was specialized for SOA's.

He's also no longer armed with a Beretta as his sidearm, but then again, the gun in his holster may just be a generic model for when he doesn't have a handgun equipped. Remember that the handgun Chris and Sheva had holstered was what appeared to be a Glock. Always thought that was kind of a weird oversight.

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                            Or graveyard zombies, like CODE:Veronica. He is standing right outside a church.
                            That too.
                            Last edited by Archelon; 01-22-2012, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• I'm just glad they're going with a bold direction this time around and not be in a identidy crisies with how Resident Evil 5 was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vector View Post
                                Because RE1, 2, 3, 0, etc. had no explosions or helicopters, right?
                                ROTFL. So, for you Resident Evil 6 trailer show a classic Resident Evil? O_O'
                                I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

Working...
                                X