No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6 Trailer #1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm impressed. What a teaser!? Cant believe it's coming this year too!

Comment

Originally posted by Bianca View Post
      I've painfully resigned myself to the fact a long time ago that we'd never see Sherry again, so I'm willing to let that go... But, the sheer horror of Ashley returning over Sherry makes me want to cry. What a cruel twist of fate! Sigh.

But, you know, for once, I am okay with any Sherry-related letdown, because as long as Ada is involved in this game, I think I'll be happy.
      I like Ashley. To me, she's one of the most realistic characters in the series (I've rambled about it before). But she doesnt need to come back in the form of a sidekick that kicks ass. I hate the idea of Sherry also filling that role, but it makes more sense. Ada is the most enchanting aspect of the game so far...and we know nothing of her role. I want her to be evil. I am so tired of the ambiguity. And I hope to goddess there's no more pitiful Leon/Ada boohoo "romance".
      sigpic
      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Alkar View Post
        It all looks cool but why are they calling this RE6? Is Capcom seriously thinking that a game that takes place before RE5 should be the sixth numbered entry?
        I hope that's a mistake or typo, I really do. Also Chris seems to be the only one without a clear partner... at one point during the trailer you see everyone getting attacked or attacking (including the 2 girls who are obviously with Leon and the new guy) but no one else. I wonder if Chris is getting someone from RE past with him.
        MGS3 was way before MGS1&2 and it worked.

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
        Leon and Chris plotlines could very well take place IN DIFFERENT periods of time. That and flashbacks.
        Sounds plausible.
        Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 01-19-2012, 05:30 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Words can't describe my reaction: http://cdn.styleforum.net/b/b2/1000x...e0794_hype.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
            Leon and Chris plotlines could very well take place IN DIFFERENT periods of time. That and flashbacks.
            Well RE5 is set in 2009 despite the flashbacks.
            Nothing points at these events taking place in different time periods and if all three plotlines are supposed to connect at the end I don't see how they would be able to pull that off. These events surely take place in different areas and they're all connected or they wouldn't happen in the same game.
            Oh and also Jill isn't there which obviously places Chris's part before RE5 as well.

Comment

I suppose that Jill isn't gonna be in this game?
              I just hope Ada appears to reveal more dark secrets and see if she knows about Wesker's death

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                MGS3 was way before MGS1&2 and it worked.
                Sounds plausible.
                The only difference is that MGS3 and Peace Walker were a great deal before MGS1 and the rest. Their characters werent the same ones, and many of the events that took place were already apart of the history. You'd think that if the US president turned into a zombie in 2008, it would be a big fucking deal still in 2009 when another outbreak/parasite spreads.
                sigpic
                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

My theory....

That super human is one of the Wesker children turned good, with Ashley as a partner.

Jill does not seem to be involved in the trailer, and the quote "Chris this isn't the place to settle your vendetta" would make me believe that Jill is dead and probably died in Revelations, and that these attacks are directly related to whoever the antagonist is in RE: Revelations

Comment

Originally posted by Alkar View Post
                    Well RE5 is set in 2009 despite the flashbacks.
                    Nothing points at these events taking place in different time periods and if all three plotlines are supposed to connect at the end I don't see how they would be able to pull that off. These events surely take place in different areas and they're all connected or they wouldn't happen in the same game.
                    Oh and also Jill isn't there which obviously places Chris's part before RE5 as well.
                    The part where the President of the US becomes a zombie (in the beginning of the trailer) seems to be set in the past. Then we can assume that events move forward into the future and we see "Ashley" transformed into a super agent of sorts and who's trying to keep "baldie" alive. Apparently, she was so affected by her father's death and how he died, that she became a ninja or whatever.

And yes, I'm assuming things like everyone else. LOL

Originally posted by Bertha View Post
                    You'd think that if the US president turned into a zombie in 2008, it would be a big fucking deal still in 2009 when another outbreak/parasite spreads.
                    It is a fucking deal for Ashley... I think that's the main reason as to why the POTUS becomes a zombie and dies... to make Ashley's transformation credible and give her a reason to toughen up.
                    Last edited by Pikminister; 01-19-2012, 05:39 PM.
                    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CRedfield98 View Post
                      Jill does not seem to be involved in the trailer, and the quote "Chris this isn't the place to settle your vendetta" would make me believe that Jill is dead and probably died in Revelations, and that these attacks are directly related to whoever the antagonist is in RE: Revelations
                      We already know that's horribly wrong. Jill and Chris have to survive Revelations. Why? Because Rev takes place before RE5 and before they find Wesker at Spencer's castle.
                      sigpic
                      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by CRedfield98 View Post
                        Revelations is before RE5 isn't it?

Pretty sure Jill will be in this game in some form. I wouldn't be surprised if Sheva had some sort of cameo as well.
                        Last edited by CODE_umb87; 01-19-2012, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Let's not jump the gun. The inclusion of returning characters could be more than Chris and Leon. Also keep the history track record in mind. Things could get scrapped, delayed, tweaked and so on. Wait till Capcom is close to releasing the game before we get excited over plot and other characters coming into play.

My question will be if Damnation ties to RE6 in any way.

Comment

Revelations takes place before RE5 so Jill isn't going to die in it. If anything that line suggests that RE6 does indeed take place before 5 or else Chris wouldn't have any vendetta going on and Jill would be part of this mission.
                            Then again his vendetta may be related to Revelations and Jill hasn't been revealed yet for some reason. Chris doesn't seem to have a partner other than a bunch of generic soldiers and only 5 playable characters are shown towards the end of the trailer.

Comment

I heard people saying that Rebecca would be in Damnation ._.
                              It would make no sense I mean she dissapeared from the series since RE1
                              I'd rather have Sherry than Chambers in the movie

Comment

You guys are still trying to fit the entire RE6 storyline into taking place in the same period of time. Thus why you're having a hard time making any sense of it.

Its like when Zelda fans were trying and failing to make sense of the timeline, before the truth came out.
                                Last edited by Pikminister; 01-19-2012, 05:46 PM.
                                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X