No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6 Trailer #1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy shit, this looks good. I'm on the edge about some stuff like when we can clear see Chris being shot at by other people, not much different from RE5, but whatever, still looks good. At least we have zombies back and Leon looks less made of plastic even though he still has that fucking hair.

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
      Holy shit, this looks good. I'm on the edge about some stuff like when we can clear see Chris being shot at by other people, not much different from RE5, but whatever, still looks good. At least we have zombies back and Leon looks less made of plastic even though he still has that fucking hair.
      Despite the hair, it seems his metrosexual days are over.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

Leon looks much better now.

Comment

Plus the blooded hand with the fur collar makes it look like Leon gets himself shot! Hurrah!

Comment

They are making him look like the upcoming resident evil retribution version of him.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	303.1 KB
ID:	400823Click image for larger version

Name:	re6_008.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	400824
            Last edited by Hcloud13; 01-19-2012, 05:58 PM.
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              Plus the blooded hand with the fur collar makes it look like Leon gets himself shot! Hurrah!
              Isn't that Ashley... the ones that gets shot?
              sigpic

Comment

Either way, I win.

Comment

I'm crossing my fingers for a new character alotgether. Ashley is the very last person that deserves to reappear.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                    Either way, I win.
                    Indeed.
                    sigpic

Comment

So, I literally said "Holy shit," and I'm not one who curses regularly.

One thing I am curious about, though, is why this looks so different from other MT Framework games. I initially thought it was being done on an entirely different engine, until I saw "MT Framework" listed at the end.

In any case, perhaps the most surprising thing about this trailer is that RE6 is set to release this year, and even has a specific date. I was not expecting that at all. Kind of bummed that Paul Mercier isn't voicing Leon, though. I also wonder what this means for Damnation. Is it still happening? Maybe they've integrated the story from Damnation into RE6 instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                        So, I literally said "Holy shit," and I'm not one who curses regularly.

One thing I am curious about, though, is why this looks so different from other MT Framework games. I initially thought it was being done on an entirely different engine, until I saw "MT Framework" listed at the end.

In any case, perhaps the most surprising thing about this trailer is that RE6 is set to release this year, and even has a specific date. I was not expecting that at all. Kind of bummed that Paul Mercier isn't voicing Leon, though. I also wonder what this means for Damnation. Is it still happening? Maybe they've integrated the story from Damnation into RE6 instead?
                        I think Sony is holding back Damnation, just until after they release the live action flick. Just to avoid saturating the market.
                        sigpic

Comment

Did anyone else watch the trailer and then immediately think: RE6 FUCK YEAH.

I mean sure, Chris and New Guy have more RE5/Gears of Warish gameplay, but it actually seems to FIT this time.
                          A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Zombies, i never thought this would actually happen, we have zombies in a main RE game!! also it looks reasonably far in development too, so hopefully what we see in this trailer is what we get unlike those first few glimpses of RE5.
                            Theres just so much in this trailer that looks amazing i dont know where to begin. I guess i'll start with the characters. theres quite a few, Leon, Chris (whose arms look human now), Ashley, The guy with the scar on his face. I wonder if Claire and Jill will turn up in subsequent trailers?
                            The graphics look incredible for this game, and its looking more like the counterpart of RE4 rather than RE5 by which i mean it looks like this game will be more horror themed (although still heavy in the action side of things im sure) than RE5.
                            The story looks pretty interesting too, it looks like the PResident becomes infected and obviously a strand of the T-virus (and possibly the G-virus and maybe even las plagas?) has been released once again, causing another incident like raccoon city. The game seems like it may be a long one too as the story seems to follow Leon and his sidekicks story, Chris' story as well as Ashley and scarface (whos role in this game seems to be quite important with his "blood")
                            The enemies in this game are looking brilliant too although it seems they are going for much larger enemies as bosses than has been seen before. One looks like a bloody titan or something and a lot ofn their designs are quite interesting.

All in all I havnt been this excited for an RE game since that first trailer of RE5 all those years ago. Lets hope this game holds out.

Comment

Maybe I'm not remembering right, but didn't Raccoon City happen in 1998? 10 years from that date would be 2008, but I'm positive RE5 took place during that time...

I'm psyched to see Leon and Chris (hell even Ashley, if that is her) in the same title. Something tells me we will see most of the past main RE characters in the storyline, in order to bring closure and into the new cast.

EDIT: After watching it a second time, if you watched carefully you kind of see a theme going on for each character:

Leon - Horror/akin to past RE (modern anyway)
                              Chris - Action
                              New guy/Ashley(?) - Co-op
                              Last edited by let me live; 01-19-2012, 06:23 PM.
                              REALDEMO

Comment

Originally posted by let me live View Post
                                Maybe I'm not remembering right, but didn't Raccoon City happen in 1998? 10 years from that date would be 2008, but I'm positive RE5 took place during that time...

I'm psyched to see Leon and Chris (hell even Ashley, if that is her) in the same title. Something tells me we will see most of the past main RE characters in the storyline, in order to bring closure and into the new cast.
                                RE5 takes place in 2009.

Comment

Working...
                                X