Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Resident Evil Revelations Trailer (From Anniversary Party)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
    Wait...

Spoiler:
    CAN'T UNSEE!

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    Yeah, I won't buy a 3DS, so it's gonna be crappy YouTube vids for me. Sucks, but...
    I'm not even going to do that... I figure by the time RE6 comes out, Nintendo would have announced their second version of the 3DS, so I'll just get it and play through it then.

As others have said though, between this and RE5, I'm going on complete blackout the last like 4 months up to RE6. I'll watch the E3 footage and then nothing until the game is out.

Spoiler:

Comment

Something about the spoiler bugs me, though. It's too obvious. I mean, this story seems to run entirely on a Moffat-esque Mind Screw of a confusing plotline that still all fits together in the end. Why make something blaringly obvious like that? It's uncharacteristic. Unless there's a twist or two that we haven't seen that could have different implications for the story?

Spoiler:

I still have some questions pertaining to Vester, Jessica, Parker (particularly him and Vester knowing each other, yet Parker acting like he doesn't know Vester in the demo), where both O'Brian and Lansdale fit into all this, along with why Quint and Keith's whole scenario and the Terragrigia Panic are important to the main story. ("I got the coordinates on the ship, I'm sending them now" still bugs me for some reason.)

Also, as a side note, none of the reviews I've seen mention anything past Parker and Jessica's scenario in Terragrigia. Even then, they kept things extremely vague. They had self-control. Capcom didn't. *facepalms*
      Revelations has a plot with twists everywhere. Way to go, Capcom, you successfully pulled off a mind-screw plotline.

Comment

Agreed which is why there's a fake out to it in some way. They show Rachel die, but in the context of the game her death isn't meant to be a spoiler in Capcom's view. Nor is her mutation. People want to know more about her and what kind of threat she imposes when she becomes infected.

It's the same reason why I looked at Jill's grave and thought: No reason to reveal a death without warning unless a driving force reveals something against our initial reactions.

I'm not brushing Parker off so soon from a trailer. Capcom wants you to think about why they added that as one of the final pieces to the trailers. He'll overcome his situation somehow. We'll find out when we play the game.

Comment

I still don't see how this trailer overly spoils the game. You cannot for one even tell the entire structure of the game and place everything seen into context. Sure, Chris and Jill are re-united, but that was a given considering neither dies. And there were screenshots shown in the past of Chris and Jill traversing the ship in their wetsuits. Now there is context for them. The "secret" of the Queen Zenobia is added to this trailer, though it remains hidden. Yet there is so much more of the game - gameplay, how story elements progress and are tied together, etc - to be seen. So for someone to go bonkers about the trailer and Capcom spoiling the game is an extreme overreaction. No one yet knows what happens to Chris (while he's MIA), what Keith and Quint (nerds) are doing in their portion, what *all* happens to Terragriga, the BSAA/FBC plotlines, Il Veltro's purpose, what's Rachel's significance, what are Vester's motives, does Parker really die (or is this a red herring for dramatic effect), where is Jessica, etc?

When you take a simple account of the numerous elements in the game, and stop being irrational and impatient for a second, and truly *think* about it - the trailer doesn't show anything in the scope of a supposedly 10 hour game.

The same was true of RE5's trailers IIRC, as they showed a bunch of stuff all over the place from the game - I know I personally couldn't tell what order stuff was occurring in, or how people such as Irving and Excella truly fit into the game or at what point I'd encounter them. I didn't know what PG6/7-AW was, I didn't know I got to fight Wesker 3 times, I couldn't deduce that I'd have been able to play levels in the interior of a ship (some of my favorites), or that there'd be Indiana Jones-esque cavern levels, *shudder*.

Certainly extreme RE fans that visit a focused site like this will be more prone to being spoiled, as they consume any and all media that is released for a game as it is in production. Yet these same folks are the ones that, like in this thread, are bitching about being spoiled. Makes no sense. You are here for a reason, discussing and viewing information for a game that you're interested in.

As for Capcom, this trailer - to the uninitiated eye of the common consumer - does no harm (does no harm to the series faithful either, if you've accepted my argument). People who aren't hardcore fans won't get much from the trailer in this thread as they aren't going to be as passionate about the series or the characters involved. They'll just think: I recognize Chris & Jill. Neat. Monster and shooting. Neat.

Anyway, even if you are still on the side of the fence that this trailer spoils the whole game (Wah!), then it doesn't matter for Capcom to release it at this point. The game is days from release in Japan and the entire story and cutscenes will be on YouTube and the internet minutes later. In the information age - everything is out there...if you're looking for it.

For once, I think REHunk has some valid logic, even if it is poorly conveyed. Not everything he said is legit, but his overall opinion that the trailer is harmless is correct.

Comment

Well, I guess I've seen as much information as I can about this game and I'm still very, very confused about what's going on.

...Also, where are the other two Veltro members from the terrorist video? We only see 'l Veltro, not the other two that are with him.
            Revelations has a plot with twists everywhere. Way to go, Capcom, you successfully pulled off a mind-screw plotline.

Comment

Here's something to keep in mind (and if you're weary of anything from the trailers then don't watch them).

Chris is a pretty strong guy that is capable of punching out boulders yet he couldn't manage to lift Parker up. What does that tell you about Parker? He's got to be quite the fat ass. I'm actually surprised Jill was able to support him on her shoulder.

And what's the general rule about outbreaks? The fatties have a high chance of dying first.

That said I still think Parker will turn out fine. The trailer makes it a point to have him mention twice how he's in hell. And then soon after we see him fall down to his fiery demise. IRONY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                Here's something to keep in mind (and if you're weary of anything from the trailers then don't watch them).

Chris is a pretty strong guy that is capable of punching out boulders yet he couldn't manage to lift Parker up. What does that tell you about Parker? He's got to be quite the fat ass. I'm actually surprised Jill was able to support him on her shoulder.

And what's the general rule about outbreaks? The fatties have a high chance of dying first.

That said I still think Parker will turn out fine. The trailer makes it a point to have him mention twice how he's in hell. And then soon after we see him fall down to his fiery demise. IRONY!!!!
                The mentions of it being Hell fits all the Divine Comedy (specifically Il Inferno) references.

Also, muscle is denser (thus weighing more, given equal areas of space) than fat.

Comment

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

Comment

Veltro... isn't that the masked guy from RE Raccoon City?

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	spray.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	400842

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
                        You sound like a friend of mine. She keeps mixing up the names Vector, Veltro, and Vester by accident. So, here's the explanation, assuming you aren't a troll

Vector: HUNK's protege in ORC. He has the ability to cloak himself and his goggles are blue.
                        Veltro: The guy named "Greyhound" in Italian. He's fond of the Divine Comedy, specifically Il Inferno. He won't stop referencing it in his dialogue. It can also be the name of the group he leads. (Normally, in order to keep things separate, people refer to the leader as either the Veltro spokesperson or il ['l] Veltro, the latter being a reference to the Gamer's Day trailer. Parker refers to the leader as just Veltro, though.)
                        Vester: The redhead Matt Smith lookalike in Revelations. He, Parker, and Jessica all worked in the FBC together. When they left for the BSAA, he stayed behind.

I still want to know where the other two members of Veltro went. In the Gamescom trailer, there are two other masked people with 'l Veltro. Where are they on the ship? Are they even there? Is 'l Veltro acting alone? I doubt it, given his advanced age and the size of the operation on the Queen Zenobia. It requires more people, despite how the Queen Zenobia is a luxury liner with lax security. It's too large of a ship to spread the virus efficiently at first.

Comment

Originally posted by Four Eyes View Post
                          Vester: The redhead Conan O"Brien lookalike in Revelations..
                          Fixed.

Comment

Il Veltro's leader is none other than Clarence Boddicker.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

Can you fly Bobby?
                              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Bitches leave.

Comment

Working...
                                X