Resident Evil Zero Monsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Zero Monsters

With all these new RE games coming out, let's talk about REZero.

Now I was originally planning to just do a topic on Leech Zombies but that seems rather limited.

Most people, even RE0 lovers like myself, agree that the boss selection was the weakest in the series. However I don't think every monster in the game was lame.

Of the unique types that REZero introduced, I think the Leech Zombies/Mimicry Marcus were awesome. They had cool music, were genuinely threatening and disgusting and I just wish RE had more recurring "super-monsters" like them. (but not bosses)

I also think the Prototype Tyrant was kinda neat. It looks truly hideous even compared to the others and reminds me more of some sort of giant undead monster you'd see in a fantasy setting. The first confrontation with Rebecca, coming almost immediately after you are separated from Billy, was a great time to introduce the thing. It's just little ol' you vs. a frickin' Tyrant.

Um...other than that I'm not sure I have any real strong opinions on the other monsters. I don't hate the Eliminators. Putting the T-Virus in monkeys actually makes sense.

How about you all? Did you like any of the creatures in the game? And no, Hunters and Cerberuses (Cerberi?) don't count.
    Last edited by Becky's Butt; 01-24-2012, 08:33 AM.

Proto Tyrant is really awesome, but that's it. Eliminators are just t-virus monkeys and all the others BOW's in this game are just insects - LAME.
    Spoiler:

Comment

I actually enjoyed all of the enemies in RE0. I found the focus on animal based enemies quite interesting and different from most RE games.
      Now the giant frog, fuck that thing, I remember it wrapping its tongue around billy's leg and slowly devouring him whole, right near the end as well. Normally that would piss me off but seeing billy getting eaten by a giant frog was a brilliant mixture of bizarre,hilarious and rather horrifying.
      The leech men were just brilliant, god they made me panic when ever they appeared, and that music that plays really gets your blood pumping!
      I also loved fighting that giant scorpion on the train, really easy boss fight but the idea of a giant scorpion is both awesome and scary at the same time.
      And like already mentioned i found the Queen leech and the Proto Tyrant were a couple of my faveourite enemies in the GC era of RE.

Comment

As much as it had a pants on head retarded origin, the Queen Leech had one of the best monster designs on the series, you can clearly see that's a freakish mutation, like the G5. The Proto-Tyrant was cool as hell too, he looks like a super-zombie with the decaying body parts and the weird twitch he had made him very creepy.

Comment

The Proto-Tyrant irked me because it just appears from no-where and goes nowhere either. It looks alright but it was a shameless inclusion.

I'm unaware if there's any material that actually justifies its appearence?
          http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
          http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
          Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

This is based on nothing canonical but I just figured Marcus released it somehow. It's the only explanation for it being out and about.

Comment

With leech zombies, I always saw them as the devs' way of replacing crimson heads a mid-level nuisance enemies and in that way, they fall flat. They're more annoying than threatening, and that's partly because the molotov cocktails you use to defend yourself are unwieldy as fuck to aim and throw. Also, while I like the idea of a humanoid figure comprised only of leeches, I thought Outbreak's variation was more sinister with them actually flailing a human body about.

Comment

Most of the monsters in BH0 were just uninspired. While I liked the Proto Tyrant, Plague Crawlers and Eliminators, I found the rest to be bad. I was not fond of the weird Leech obsession, nor did I prefer the whole "let's just make this creature huge" mentality. It was fine in previous games in isolated cases but when you pull the most generic creatures imaginable such as a bat (which previously did not go huge all of a sudden), scorpion and centipede and subject them to it? No.

The remaining enemies were just taken directly from other games so aside from that, can't really complain about them. Hunters have always been fuck-awesome and Cerberus' are... Cerberus.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I really liked the Proto-Tyrant and the eliminators in RE0. I loved how it looked and how it acted. Obvious that it was a failed experiment but still cool to see the first tyrant. I felt some of the other enemies fell flat however. The giant centipede I personally thought was the lamest out of em all.

We should have a thread about all the creatures in the series in general. I'd love to get into a discussion about some of them.

Originally posted by Becky's Butt View Post
                  This is based on nothing canonical but I just figured Marcus released it somehow. It's the only explanation for it being out and about.
                  This is coming off purely memory, but I believe the tyrant was supposed to be disposed of but something went wrong. In Umbrella Chronicles, during the fight with it as Wesker, he says "You!? I thought we disposed of you!" Perhaps it killed the researchers that were disposing it or maybe it just wasn't dead when the researchers got rid of it.
                  Last edited by Spera01; 01-24-2012, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Oh, while I never liked leech zombies in Zero, I marked out huge when the flute started playing during RE5's first Uroboros boss.

Comment

Well, I guess, since RE0 was my first old-school game, I was extremely scared of leech zombies, eliminators, etc.
                      Revelations has a plot with twists everywhere. Way to go, Capcom, you successfully pulled off a mind-screw plotline.

Comment

Man I love Zero, though it does not fit into the time line properly. The Leack-Men were always and are still terrifying to me. I enter a room, hear the panic music that follows the LM and I flip out. They are a pain in the ass no doubt but I still love the game. The Hunters now sounds are good as well, and as always Hunters are awesome! I don't kind the Eliminators at all but they can be a pain.
                        Last edited by Zombie_X; 01-24-2012, 10:00 PM.
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                          The Proto-Tyrant irked me because it just appears from no-where and goes nowhere either. It looks alright but it was a shameless inclusion.

I'm unaware if there's any material that actually justifies its appearence?
                          I believe that the Proto-Tyrant was actually in the giant tube in the culture room in Birkin's lab (in RE2), near where Leon (or Claire) found the dead USS guy and the submachine gun. Since the treatment plant in RE0 and Birkin's lab from RE2 are apparently connected (which is a huge debate amongst the fanbase and a topic for another thread), this is entirely possible.

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                          Most of the monsters in BH0 were just uninspired. While I liked the Proto Tyrant, Plague Crawlers and Eliminators, I found the rest to be bad. I was not fond of the weird Leech obsession, nor did I prefer the whole "let's just make this creature huge" mentality. It was fine in previous games in isolated cases but when you pull the most generic creatures imaginable such as a bat (which previously did not go huge all of a sudden), scorpion and centipede and subject them to it? No.
                          That's kind of how I see it, too. The giant scorpion, centipede, bat, and frogs were just too much, although I did like the leech concept. However, the original game did the same thing with Yawn, Neptune, and the spiders. It started to be toned down as the series went on, but giant versions of creatures that many people have phobias of in the real world has always been a theme for horror.
                          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Working...
                          X