Here are a few bits about Resident Evil 6 from this week's famitsu.
- The game is 50% complete.
- While they're aiming to bring back the feeling of horror with the game, this isn't an attempt to return the series back to it's origins.
- They're aiming for the greatest volume in series history.
- The game's third main character is meant to be someone young people can relate to.
- The President shown in the trailer - the one who attacks Leon - is the president who followed Ashley's dad.
- The zombies in the game did not become zombies due to the T-Virus.
- They're aiming to make it a Resident Evil that is enjoyable to control, with a revamped control scheme. You'll be able to move slowly left and right while holding your gun, and perform such moves as 180 degree turn, quick front/back/side evade, covering and so forth.
Capcom has released more info through their unity blog. They confirm that the game takes place in 2013 and that Chris' scenario takes place in Lanshiang, a fictional Chinese coastal town.
More info about the characters and BOW's
Leon S. Kennedy After the Raccoon City Incident, Leon was recruited into government service by one Adam Benford, who would go on to become the current in-game President of the United States. Helena Harper is one of the President’s personal bodyguards and admits to Leon she is responsible for the incident in Resident Evil 6. Ingrid Hunnigan is a field operations support specialist who has worked with Leon before.
Chris Redfield, leader of the BSAA, faced personal trauma six months before the events in Resident Evil 6. He meets his team in China to investigate a bioterrorist attack. Chris, Leon, and a mysterious third protagonist are playable characters. The man with the shaven head is a mercenary engaged in a conflict in Eastern Europe where B.O.W.s are being used. Someone tells him he’s the man to save the world and instead of heroically stepping up to the plate he thinks about how much the job will pad his wallet.
Zombies return in Resident Evil 6 and this time they’re smart enough to use weapons. Instead of staggering towards players they will run and jump at you. J’avo are a new B.O.W. found in Eastern Europe six months before the events in Resident Evil 6. These creatures still understand human speech and will work together with other J’avos as a group. J’avo can regenerate and if heavily damaged mutate body parts into different forms.
Resident Evil 6 will have a new control scheme that lets players shoot while moving and take cover. You will be able to evade attacks by rolling or sliding in any direction and strike back with melee attacks.
***End of update***